Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Champion balancing project

DD are already amazing to reach any target on the battlefield.

Illusionary warrior + magic push

They don’t need to have a wall in opponent side

Updated:
    Fanessa & Corpse Wyrm: cost -1

https://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_fo...e-card-changes
    Last edited by Batou31; 04-22-2018 at 05:56 AM.

Batou31, you might find this spreadsheet I made of some use:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...CWUoHa/pubhtml

It's got all the common and champ statlines, and the value is calculated using this formula: (AV + life points (+1 for range)) - (cost +2). The -2 is because the typical 0 cost summon gets 1AV and 1 life point.

For mutations, the cost has a -3 because the summon goes on top of another card.

It's mostly complete. The last three columns have a lot of work to do - they list the attributes of each card - ie. whether it's a positive or negative power, and what type of power it is. My goal was to reduce all cards to a certain number of ability-type categories.

Anyways, hope you find some use for it.

Thanks Rdebruy83 I appreciate your remark.

It's an amazing and very complete job.

But it's difficult for me to use it efficiently.
    The main issue is my list is created empirically based on the question: which champions are always played / never played?

The ability cost can't be evaluate mathematically.
    An example:in your list I had a look to lun. Its value is 1 but in my opinion (and in discussions I follow), he should cost 6.

I'm only able to maintain this list according to remarks and miscellaneous discussions.
    Last edited by Batou31; 04-23-2018 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Batou31 View Post
    An example:in your list I had a look to lun. Its value is 1 but in my opinion (and in discussions I follow), he should cost 6.
    the spreadsheet doesn't calculate value on what it should be, as much as it calculates the value the unit actually is, according to the unwritten "formula" that the majority of the cards in the game tend to follow.

So that means that Lun is technically underpriced by 1 magic, using the "formula". If he was evenly priced, he would cost 5. Given how good his power is (although it is an expensive power), I would agree that it might qualify for a 6.

I thought it might be useful to quickly identify and compare which champs are underpriced, evenly priced, and overpriced.

i would still play lun at 6 magic, his ability to Taunt every turn is just too good.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand how I can use this file.

How can I find champions that should be balanced (and how) within this file that are not already in my list?

An example:The first champ in this list is Her. But her cost is fine. No need to change it.
    Last edited by Batou31; 04-25-2018 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    i would still play lun at 6 magic, his ability to Taunt every turn is just too good.
    The question "is what should be Lun cost in your opinion?". If Lun cost 7 or 8, will you still play him?

I think 6 is the most accurate cost, for 7 i would not play him anymore. For 5 it would still be autoinclude in every deck. For 6, I may or may not include him.

OK Thanks Waterd.

Fell free to give others comments on the balance.

I have updated the champion balance presentation to make it to make it more readable.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast