Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 118

Thread: New Tounament VI. Sign-ups, results and discussion.

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    239

    Default

    I can confirm:

    massimo24 2-1

    LOSS DD vs MR (Jijin) At first I thought he's wasting all that magic to get some poke shots on Tundle, couldn't medidate the whole game, in the end I allowed him to Siphon of a wall from me (needed for protection) so I was short on magic in the endgame. With some better roles I would have had a chance, maybe :-)
    WIN DD vs SG (Aargau) Felt pretty confident, but he was building up, didn't pay attention that my Summoner could get Sandstormed and then with the help of Silts he got three wounds on him. Next turn I killed Krusk, I missed that Duck and Cover was on. Luckily it worked out!
    WIN MV vs CL (Snalgo) In the end it was 1 life Sunderved against 1 life Vlox. His last Scrapper missed on my Rusher, otherwise he could have attacked Sunderved with Vlox, mistake again giving him the chance. Then it was Vlox all alone against Duggle and three Commons.

    Good game, everybody! Happy to move on!

  2. #62
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Poland, Warsaw
    Posts
    1,042

    Default

    Ok, guys. Seems that everything is clear.
    Vitoy, Peter_AU, Jijin, Massimo, Lcanela, Orange Lazarus, Nyphot and me have advanced to the next round. I'll post the semi-finals groups soon.
    Game Center ID: Nadhir 99

  3. #63
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Poland, Warsaw
    Posts
    1,042

    Default

    Round 2 is posted. You can play your games. Good luck!
    Game Center ID: Nadhir 99

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Gwangju, South Korea
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by massimo View Post
    LOSS DD vs MR (Jijin) At first I thought he's wasting all that magic to get some poke shots on Tundle, couldn't medidate the whole game, in the end I allowed him to Siphon of a wall from me (needed for protection) so I was short on magic in the endgame. With some better roles I would have had a chance, maybe :-)
    With Lun early rather than late, you would've probably won easily. I made a pretty large mistake a few turns from the endgame, not holding onto a second RM that would've totally shut you out of Lun and eventually wiped out all your magic. After my bad early rolls on Lun, I was kicking myself hard for that.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Is it okay if I wait to start my games until Monday, 2/20? I'm going out of town tomorrow afternoon for the long weekend and I'm not sure if I'll get time to play, unfortunately.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Poland, Warsaw
    Posts
    1,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nyphot View Post
    Is it okay if I wait to start my games until Monday, 2/20? I'm going out of town tomorrow afternoon for the long weekend and I'm not sure if I'll get time to play, unfortunately.
    Ok. But please, accept the games on Monday.
    Game Center ID: Nadhir 99

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    454

    Default

    My game with Uncle Europe is still going on, but the result doesn't matter anyways. I'm just starving out his Eater and then it should move quicker again.

    As you already know, lost to Lcanela's GD. I think my 3rd turn I came into a hand that I felt gave me a %50-60 chance to win over the next 3 turns with the position of his units. I had 7 magic, Shikwa, CoH, and CoN. I summoned Shikwa, used CoH on her and got her around his wall to throw 4 dice on Oldin who wasn't against a wall. I needed at least 2 hits for my plan to have a chance of working, 3 hits and I was in very good shape. But I only got 1 hit, and then I knew they game was over because of the investment I just put in. She survived the next turn and was able to get 2 more dice resulting in 1 hit on Oldin who was against a wall now. My 3rd turn in the plan was to use CoN and move my Lioneer up past a Defender and attack Oldin. I went 2 for 3 on that. It didn't really matter because Shikwa had failed me and economy was now in his favour completely. I held on as long as I could hoping Lcanela would mess up, but he didn't. Good Game!

    My loss against Orange Lazarus was interesting. I don't think I've ever played SO vs MR on the app before. That is a very hard match for SO because of Rune Mages and Fury. I think my big mistake was playing to fast in the beginning. About 1/3 into the match I started to figure out how to manage the game, but at the end of the game I realized that my early game of burning too many cards for magic and using Ensnare on anything but Rune Mages, was a mistake. I had a defensive mid-board swamp the whole game that worked well, but Orange Lazarus had way more cards left when I only had a couple at the end of the game, so it was only a matter of time. Good Game! I definitely want to try that match up again to see if I learned anything. Rune Mages I curse you all!!!

    Thanks Nadhir! Good luck Orange Lazarus and Lcanela! I'm routing for you two now!

  8. #68
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Poland, Warsaw
    Posts
    1,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KBurg7 View Post
    My game with Uncle Europe is still going on, but the result doesn't matter anyways. I'm just starving out his Eater and then it should move quicker again.

    As you already know, lost to Lcanela's GD. I think my 3rd turn I came into a hand that I felt gave me a %50-60 chance to win over the next 3 turns with the position of his units. I had 7 magic, Shikwa, CoH, and CoN. I summoned Shikwa, used CoH on her and got her around his wall to throw 4 dice on Oldin who wasn't against a wall. I needed at least 2 hits for my plan to have a chance of working, 3 hits and I was in very good shape. But I only got 1 hit, and then I knew they game was over because of the investment I just put in. She survived the next turn and was able to get 2 more dice resulting in 1 hit on Oldin who was against a wall now. My 3rd turn in the plan was to use CoN and move my Lioneer up past a Defender and attack Oldin. I went 2 for 3 on that. It didn't really matter because Shikwa had failed me and economy was now in his favour completely. I held on as long as I could hoping Lcanela would mess up, but he didn't. Good Game!

    My loss against Orange Lazarus was interesting. I don't think I've ever played SO vs MR on the app before. That is a very hard match for SO because of Rune Mages and Fury. I think my big mistake was playing to fast in the beginning. About 1/3 into the match I started to figure out how to manage the game, but at the end of the game I realized that my early game of burning too many cards for magic and using Ensnare on anything but Rune Mages, was a mistake. I had a defensive mid-board swamp the whole game that worked well, but Orange Lazarus had way more cards left when I only had a couple at the end of the game, so it was only a matter of time. Good Game! I definitely want to try that match up again to see if I learned anything. Rune Mages I curse you all!!!

    Thanks Nadhir! Good luck Orange Lazarus and Lcanela! I'm routing for you two now!
    Yes, sometimes dice are really bad. Btw. As I saw, Your MUs were very difficult for You. Sorry about that
    Game Center ID: Nadhir 99

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Srzednicki View Post
    Yes, sometimes dice are really bad. Btw. As I saw, Your MUs were very difficult for You. Sorry about that
    Just finished my last match with Uncle Europe. My SO beat his CG. Not that this matters at all for the tournament, just thought you might like to have all the results.

    Good Game UE! That is a tough match up for Cave Goblins.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Srzednicki View Post
    Ok. But please, accept the games on Monday.
    Sorry about that everyone. If it turns out that I have good Internet where I'm going, I'll try to start the games Friday evening... and for sure on Monday if I can't over the weekend.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •