Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Faction vs reinforcement?

Default Faction vs reinforcement?

So, I got the Master set the other week and I want more .
    Now, I'm getting the two starters and thinking about a either getting one of the stand alone factions or a reinforcement.

What's your take? Does it add more to get another faction or to get a reinforcement for factions you already own?

How much does the reinforcement change the game?
    Which factions need it the most?

Hm. I'm not sure who is most in need of a reinforcement pack. Reinforcements can alter the style, but they don't necessarily make a faction straight-up better. I've always preferred getting a new faction to getting reinforcements, personally.
    Ask me about the Summoner Wars VASSAL group chat!

factions 100% first, will add more variety to the game before you start thinking about messing up with decks.

When you do decide to grab a Reinforcement deck, I recommend Rukar's Power first (PE/TO). Those are the only two factions that feel a little vanilla after a while... But their Reinforcements spice them back up (especially Bragg, Holleas, and Fire Beasts).

But yeah, more factions = more fun.
    Last edited by joepinion; 04-10-2012 at 08:27 AM.
    Webmaster
    1 AV, 3 Life, 2 Summon Cost
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by joepinion View Post
    When you do decide to grab a Reinforcement deck, I recommend Rukar's Power first (PE/TO). Those are the only two factions that feel a little vanilla after a while... But their Reinforcements spice them back up (especially Bragg, Holleas, and Fire Beasts).

But yeah, more factions = more fun.
    I also heard Vanguard needs it reinforcement?
    I just don't know if it's worth getting reinforcement it at the moment since i JUST started playing?
    Maybe I should just wait until I "figured" out the game?

Anyone feel that game just got SO much better after getting reinforcement?

The reason I need to know is because I'm holding an event and hopefully getting use all of the factions so that they might be as even as possible.
    Last edited by Isbiten; 04-10-2012 at 02:41 PM.

Just get factions, keep playing and eventually at that ponit you'll be able to go online and look at the reinforcements and just think about the ones you like.

Yeah, at first, no need at all. None of the factions absolutely need the reinforcements.
    Webmaster
    1 AV, 3 Life, 2 Summon Cost
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by joepinion View Post
    Just get factions, keep playing and eventually at that ponit you'll be able to go online and look at the reinforcements and just think about the ones you like.

Yeah, at first, no need at all. None of the factions absolutely need the reinforcements.
    Well, I need to add another 9 dollars to get the discount anyways, and they don't have FK in stock

Quote Originally Posted by Isbiten View Post
    I also heard Vanguard needs it reinforcement?
    I, for one, have said that in the past. I no longer think it's true, you just need to wrap your head around the faction and play with the right mind set from the start which shouldn't be hard now that the game is so varied.

Quote Originally Posted by Isbiten View Post
    and they don't have FK in stock
    HERESY!

On a more serious note, I'd also recommend the factions. Reinforcements are cool, but I'd save them for when some factions no longer have secrets for you. And deck building can be a little long too, unlike the factions who are ready to be used right out of the box.

As for factions needing reinforcements, I'm not sure this is accurate. Some factions, like the Fallen Kingdom and the Vanguards, got some really cool reinforcements that got rid of some obvious weaknesses their base deck had, mainly the low Attack Values of their commons. However, as deckbuilding implies, by switching units you actually also create new weaknesses in your deck, so no deck is really perfect. So you can have more offensive decks, at the cost of some defensive commons or some interesting abilities your now gone units had. Just like Pepe said while i was writing this

So yeah, factions first, and then reinforcements when you want a change of pace or if you get sick of some units.

Well, the order I'm putting down is for all factions (besides FK since its not in stock).
    But I need another 35 cents for discount and they don't have the dice in stock.

So please, which reinforcement?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast