Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plaid Hat Games at PAX EAST

Default Plaid Hat Games at PAX EAST

We are going to be at PAX East in Boston April 6th - 8th.

http://east.paxsite.com/

If you are going to be there stop in and say hi. We will be in booth # B36 & B37

see you there

Well I survived three days of demoing/teaching Summoner Wars (along with Colby and Isaac). Did any of you stop by? Did I meet any of you without knowing it?
    "The way I live, kids would be redundant." - JMS

How'd it go? What were the highlights for you? Any interesting stories?

Quote Originally Posted by Barliman View Post
    How'd it go? What were the highlights for you? Any interesting stories?
    One of the highlights was teaching the game to a guy and his girlfriend. He was playing Sand Goblins and she had Jungle Elves. She just 'got' the game immediately and started pounding on his goblins, but they held on, he 'got' the game too, and it was back and forth from then on. They ran through each of their decks and she finally crushed him with a satisfied roll of three 6s. It was fun watching her just turn into a killing machine, then being sad when he killed her Gorilla, then she summoned another Gorilla to replace the first one, and so on.

It was... interesting teaching one guy to play by playing a game against him, then minutes after starting that teaching two others to play at the board next to us at the same time.
    "The way I live, kids would be redundant." - JMS

Jim was a lifesaver. Don't know what we would have done without him.

I stopped by the booth on the first day and shook hands with Colby. Everyone else looked too busy demoing. In fact the booth always looked busy. I was gonna stop by again Sunday morning to ask you guys how the con was going, but I participated in the Lords Of Waterdeep Tournament for WotC, and that took up most of Sunday for me.

I did notice quite a few people playing the master set at the tables in the back of the tabletop room. It was exciting to see Summoner Wars get so much love at the con.
    Last edited by Phillosmaster; 04-11-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Was the app showed?

This con was running Good Friday - Easter? Just seems unusual as you'd think many people who would like to show up would have holiday plans that would keep them away. Glad to see Summoner Wars getting a lot of love though and being swamped in people who want to play the game is always a great problem to have.
    Ask me about the Summoner Wars VASSAL group chat!

Quote Originally Posted by chardris77 View Post
    Was the app showed?
    I'm also interested in this. Didn't Blagog say something about an advanced look a while ago?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast