Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The future for Dungeon Run

Default The future for Dungeon Run

So my group likes Dungeon Run, but we agree that it would be cool if we could (as an option) enlarge the dungeon to make the game a bit longer. We could always buy a second Dungeon Run box, but it would be great to have more variety.

Listening to the Plaid Hat podcast it sounds like the development team would prefer to put out a completely new dungeon rather than a dungeon expansion for Dungeon Run. My question is will they make this second dungeon compatible with the first dungeon such that you could combine components from both games to add options.

I'm hoping that's the case since it would not create a barrier of entry for new players who didn't purchase the first game while at the same time reward people who bought the first game. Also the game is just crying out for an expansion of some sort.

Its a standalone expansion, so there is no barrier for entry. I'm pretty sure its compatible with the base set too, so you can freely mix both games' tiles in.

I'm more than confident plaid hat will have any future products for Dungeon Run be fully compatible with the other stuff.

I'm guessing it will be like Caste Ravenloft expansion model with each being a standalone expansion and introducing new options and tiles, and slightly new rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixio View Post
    As for Ranior, he's a little more difficult to deal with and can do some real damage.
    Tournament Record: 37-18

I'm sure the new stuff will work with the original. Some cards in the first box reference Undead Player Heroes even though it doesn't contain any.
    Never heard of her?!? It's the car that did the Cannonball run in less than 0.0000000000015645847216634030102578805262265 parsecs!

I think the Blagog Blog was reporting that Dungeon Run 2 would be a completely stand alone game, but characters would be interchangeable. So you could play DR 2 characters in DR 1 and vice versa. The allusions to undead heros and Dorgans ability mentioning fellow Dwarf characters also makes this possibility likely.

having another set of boss lairs and entrance tiles could be used to make cooler dungeons. something I noticed when I play is that the first player has the advantage because on his first action he has a chance to get an encounter. having the players start at 2 tiles instead of 1 might moderate the problem.
    also, i see a posibility to have 2 boss tiles, and then have the 2 summoners fight to the death.

What does everyone think the DR 2 characer classes will be. I feel the Bender/DD will be Magic, Cloak as talent, and. Undread will not be holy. Any other ideas?

Prayer: DD,SO
    Magic: BE,FK
    War: JE,SG
    Talent: CL,SE

That's about my best guess. Personally, though, I'm kinda hoping for an FK Prayer.
    Last edited by chardris77; 04-11-2012 at 09:07 PM.

I'm going to assume there won't be any characters of the same race (other than humans) in the same class.

Prayer: Guild Dwarf, Swamp Orc
    War: Shadow Elf, Sand Goblin
    Magic: Jungle Elf, Bender
    Talent: Cloak, Fallen Kindomer

But in all likelihood one of the elves will probably be Talented.

DR2, like the first one, will play just fine on its own. But it will also be 100% compatible with the first set. Players will be able to mix and match any and all elements they desire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast