Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fantasy Flight officially kills off its last 2 CCGs

Quote Originally Posted by FightCityMayor View Post
    Agreed that the CCG concept has been used as a giant money vacuum aiming straight for the gamer's wallet... but to play (capitalist) devil's advocate: If i were running a gaming company i would want to make money. money helps (especially when you don't even have to hold a gun to a consumer's head to encourage participation.) Yes, rares are rare and commons are common, and if you make the most powerful cards the most difficult to obtain, people will kvetch. but... the thrill of the blind-purchase chase is part of the appeal.
    On the flip side, to make money, you need customers. If customers buy pre-set over blind boosters than blind boosters will not exist.

Money is made by customers.

I am still shocked Magic is still alive from when I first played. 13... 14 years ago?

I feel old.

Other things come into consideration as well, rules, art, etc. I think this is where magic is/was king for so long.

Stopped when cards were banned and random luck for getting cards that were worth anything.
    Last edited by Reaper Crew; 01-27-2010 at 12:46 AM.

I was a founding member of the Kingdom Hearts community and man did it hurt me to see it go, it was just an under appreciated game from the get go and by "under appreciated" I mean, FFG didn't even try.

That's all irrelevant at this point though, I understand why FFG dropped their CCGs and it's a good reason why I'm becoming more interested in games like this. I've played Magic, dabbled in Naruto, looked at a Yu-Gi-Oh deck for a second or two and the money I've sunk into those games is staggering. In an economy like this one, card games like SW are going to thrive because they're relatively cheap while still being incredibly fun.

So I say down with Wallet draining Card Games! Long Live Summoner Wars!

~Mr. Dawn
    "Sometimes I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for..."

I know what you mean WayToTheDawn.
    I have played Magic The Gathering, D&D, Wings Of War, & Various other games that just drain your wallet.
    summoner wars is so much cheaper and therefore much more long term for me.
    (not that i have actually quit MTG or any of my collectible games.)

Summary point
    Rock On Summoner Wars!
    "Ash nasg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."

Have a Look at My Custom Summoner Wars Creations...

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_forums/album.php?u=204

If you have a Custom Faction try getting into card form and really achieve the "WOW" Factor, feel free to use my templates.

Iv just read some more on this post and it seems I am doing the opposite.

I'm buying multiple copies of Summoner Wars!!!

so much for only need to buy this game once, i need to buy it all twice, no 3 times...4!..
    ha ha ah ha ha !
    (oh dear the Greedy collecter in me has brocken free of its budget + rational prison)
    "Ash nasg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."

Have a Look at My Custom Summoner Wars Creations...

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_forums/album.php?u=204

If you have a Custom Faction try getting into card form and really achieve the "WOW" Factor, feel free to use my templates.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12