Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's the Boss?

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Default Who's the Boss?

Jut wanted to start a thread to get some Dungeon Run discussion going. My first question is "who do you think is the strongest character?". I haven't had a chance to play them all yet, but I've seen them all in action in some way. I've had the most success with Emma, though she has to get crafty if the Doom is the boss, since she pretty much can't kill it. Ive also seen Stabbins to really well - I feel like he has a sick toolbox at his disposal.

So, who's the boss for you?
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    So, who's the boss for you?
    Emma is my girl. She took out the Doom by herself one game. She had that item for magic users that increases your brawn and charge shot to roll some powerful brawn dice. Scry let me see the Boss at the start of the game so I could plan for this.

Also, teleport is a mean trick. Oh, you just used both your actions killing that monster so you could get the treasure? I'll just send it my way and pick it up instead!

This is pretty tough for me. I just don't feel like I know the characters well enough yet. But if I had to pick I would definitely choose Stabbins. Dirty is such a great base ability, and the upgrade it gets with he Summoning Stone makes him a very powerful character.

Emma and Stabbin here. Emma is crazy strong with her Charged Shot. I also had a nearly perfect game where I found all the spells in a wonderful order: Scry (or room choice), walk through dangerous stuff, and double hit damage.

Stabbin looks nearly broken with only his base abilities. He did fairly well in all our games, though I did make sure he got punished at the first sleight of hand he tried to pull...

With a Summoning Stone, I think Paella is the best. She can just run away from the exit (yes, you read well), and use her ultimate to slowing kill everybody. If the group can't tail her if only for one turn, she's nearly sure to win, unless of course she jumps in a dead end.

I've had a lot of trouble with the Dwarf though. It seems like half of his abilities can't come in handy enough, especially the trap ones. I fall on like one or two traps per game, so unless I already had one of these abilities as my starting one, they count as useless.

Winning in our games so far has fallen on the Fourth Vessel, Emma, Paella, and Dorgan. No repeats yet, which is pretty cool. I'd say Vargagg and Stabbins have an uphill battle in our group because everyone concentrates on keeping them down.

Our group has stopped picking Birodin. He seems to be a jack of all trades master of none type character. No one seems to like him much when they play him, and he always seems to perform poorly in our games. We all have basically agreed that Addolgar performs better. Also his stats and options are more fun to play.

I find the boss is whoever gets the double-your-magic artifact.

A lot of people on BGG seem to think Stabbins is unstoppable for some reason. Fourth Vessel has probably won the most for us. Probably because he's so scary looking that we're all afraid to sabotage him.

I, naturally, prefer Stabbins. His Dirty ability is truly amazing. His skill is fantastic and his brawn isn't half bad either. Also, Dorgan is great. I think his abilities are the best, besides ignore pain. If your looking for an all out fight the whole game long. Vargagg. His brawn can crush everything, just watch his skill and magic. I always suggest him to new comers.

To sum it all up, I'd have to pick Stabbins. Mostly because I focus on the politics of the game, getting people to do my dirty work. It's the best way to win, but hard to pull on veterans. Still, He is pretty well rounded and has good traits to boot.
    My Doug (fan) fiction can be found here

Summoner wars records as of June 1st: 11-2

As I can Recall, Tony Danza is the Boss, and Charles has always been in Charge. Hope that clears up your question.
    Your punishment must be more severe...

xD Care to try that one again?
    My Doug (fan) fiction can be found here

Summoner wars records as of June 1st: 11-2

No repeats yet, which is pretty cool. I'd say Vargagg and Stabbins have an uphill battle in our group because everyone concentrates on keeping them down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast