Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: The Book of the Demagogue

I have a question about Mutagist.
    It allows to search Draw Pile or Discard Pile. Does it mean I have to decide which pile I will search, or I can search one of them and then change my mind and take a mutation from the second one?
    I know I can look to my Discard Pile any time I want, but what if I start from my Draw Pile and there is no more mutations in it? Then I lost my possibility to get a mutation or I continue with my Discard?

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    I have a question about Mutagist.
    It allows to search Draw Pile or Discard Pile. Does it mean I have to decide which pile I will search, or I can search one of them and then change my mind and take a mutation from the second one?
    I know I can look to my Discard Pile any time I want, but what if I start from my Draw Pile and there is no more mutations in it? Then I lost my possibility to get a mutation or I continue with my Discard?
    You need to choose before you search. However, if you have good knowledge of your deck, you will know what's in your draw pile before you search it
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    You need to choose before you search.
    I thought so.

if you have good knowledge of your deck, you will know what's in your draw pile before you search it
    Yes, of course. But I could make a mistake or somebody (not me, of course ) could use this ability to verify the Draw Pile (it is not easy to count every kind of cards).

Thank you for the clarification.

While that is technically the ruling, I almost never see people enforcing it. It's one of those things that people let slide in casual games.
    Relax and enjoy your shoes.

I LIKE TAU! is Oldin the Boring in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    I LIKE TAU! was Blur the Scholar in The Great Marsh. Life. Don't talk to me about life.

Check out VASSAL, the free online SW program! We are always looking for more players, so learn how to use it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    Im with I like tau on this one!

You need to choose before you search. However, if you have good knowledge of your deck, you will know what's in your draw pile before you search it
    I always thought you can look into your own magic pile, and both discards are common knowledge. So as long as you know which mutations you packed before the game then you get all the information needed expect mutations in the opponents magic pile.

JW, you are correct. Though when the opponent kills ~4 mutations, people can lose track pretty easily.
    Relax and enjoy your shoes.

I LIKE TAU! is Oldin the Boring in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    I LIKE TAU! was Blur the Scholar in The Great Marsh. Life. Don't talk to me about life.

Check out VASSAL, the free online SW program! We are always looking for more players, so learn how to use it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    Im with I like tau on this one!

I have just had a heated debate with my roommate on a couple things about the filth. I was playing the Filth and him the FK.

1). I used Heretics rebuke on his reaper which had another card under it. I payed for the mutation as said on the card. I now have a mutation with 2 cards under it? Making it worth 3 magic when killed? My roommate said the card under the reaper should be discarded, but I disagreed because I wasn't "killing" the reaper I taking control of it, then "mutating it".

2.) This question is more about Reapers. I was wondering if a Reaper killed one of my mutations, can the Reaper place both cards(mutant + common) under it? I was under the impression that the Reaper would be killing the mutant and got to place it under him, but the common would go to the magic pile. Any clarification would be great. Thanks.

In the official FAQ it says that if a reaper ever attacks a unit with cards under it such as mutations, blarf, another reaper, or blerg, the card destroyed goes under the reaper and the others go into the magic pile of whoever destroyed it. So your intuition was correct.
    Marek is LOVE. Marek is LIFE.

3 rules of SW:

1. Marek is perfect.

2. Marek is the best Summoner ever.

3. Marek will troll the everliving crap out of you.

"If you can't blow them away with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit." -Marek (probably).
    Member of the unofficial PHG debate team. (Officially endorsed by Marek.)

You were also correct in your first point, all cards under a unit will stay under that unit even if you use Heretic's Rebuke and place a mutation on top.
    Oh no.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910