Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: House Rules and Deck Building Restrictions my group uses

Graveyard and Rise look like a lot of fun. Anyway Skeletal Archers can get some love? I never see them used.

hi Kburg.

New Event: Rise (x2) - Add 1 to the Attack Value of every Zombie Warrior, Reaver or Reaper you control until the end of this turn. Until the end of this turn all Fallen Kingdom Units you control gain the Infect ability.

Regarding that event, I think is not powerful enough, why? because you make those units 2AV for only a turn, which is the same as warlocks, warlocks have range.

I think not all units should get the rise event, maybe only the ones with sword symbol? and maybe a +2 to make them stronger than warlocks? it would only be a total of +6 if you are able to attack with 3 units which is very difficult, but even if you do, it would probably kill 3 units, which would give you +3 magic, still less powerful than magic drain, also, probably your units as they are not ranged, will also be reachable to be killed by your opponent, really bad if you used a reaper because you would not get the magic. So I would say +2 to only sword symbol, or restricted to the units you just said.

I think I would enjoy an event which would allow Ret to remove units from under reapers to heal other units adjacent (kind of dark sacrifice) sending those units to magic pile. I would also of course would like to give more power to Zombie warriors and skelies, but it is very difficult to achieve all in one go, so maybe just adding to their atacks + 2 would help all.

@Nburg. I agree that they look fun but would also like Skellie help. I like +1 AV for all FK commons units w/an AV of 1
    @Lcanela. The problem is that Ret is already very very good. He can stand a nerf

Quote Originally Posted by commandercool View Post
    @Nburg. I agree that they look fun but would also like Skellie help. I like +1 AV for all FK commons units w/an AV of 1
    @Lcanela. The problem is that Ret is already very very good. He can stand a nerf
    this is why I am making the survey about the summoners, I think we should base nerfs and boosts on the replies of everyone. pls share your answers comander.

here

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_for...026#post129026

Quote Originally Posted by lcanela View Post
    this is why I am making the survey about the summoners, I think we should base nerfs and boosts on the replies of everyone. pls share your answers comander.

here

I think Ret is considered OP due to his ability synergizng with Warlocks. These events are to help make the lesser used commons more viable. I think MD needs to replaced everywhere, so giving some incentive for the weaker commons sounds great to me. I like the permanency of Graveyard. It might make sense to allow it placed on a wall in proximity of Ret which would encourage forward positioning and then even more deadly commons while deep into enemy territory. It would be cool if he could be tuned to be a king of the undead horde, but with minimal changes, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nburghardt View Post
    I think Ret is considered OP due to his ability synergizng with Warlocks. These events are to help make the lesser used commons more viable. I think MD needs to replaced everywhere, so giving some incentive for the weaker commons sounds great to me. I like the permanency of Graveyard. It might make sense to allow it placed on a wall in proximity of Ret which would encourage forward positioning and then even more deadly commons while deep into enemy territory. It would be cool if he could be tuned to be a king of the undead horde, but with minimal changes, IMO.
    Yes but remember Ret was the weakest summoner before warlocks, even having MD was not enough, we need to be very careful in assessing how powerful each summoner is.

so far, in the survey Ret is 5 out of 7, almost balanced, if we nerf hijm too much hi might drop to 3 which would be very unfortunate. may I ask all to answer the survey so that we have more data to evaluate?

here

I completely agree with your method about generating which summoners should get nerfs/boosts, as each of us individually may be incorrect in our assessments.

As for Ret being the weakest summoner pre-Warlocks. I think this was probably true, but he's gained Hellfire Drake and Augurs since then.

Quote Originally Posted by commandercool View Post
    I completely agree with your method about generating which summoners should get nerfs/boosts, as each of us individually may be incorrect in our assessments.

As for Ret being the weakest summoner pre-Warlocks. I think this was probably true, but he's gained Hellfire Drake and Augurs since then.
    agreed this is why the more data we can collect, the better.

hi Kburg.

New Event: Rise (x2) - Add 1 to the Attack Value of every Zombie Warrior, Reaver or Reaper you control until the end of this turn. Until the end of this turn all Fallen Kingdom Units you control gain the Infect ability.

Regarding that event, I think is not powerful enough, why? because you make those units 2AV for only a turn, which is the same as warlocks, warlocks have range.

I think not all units should get the rise event, maybe only the ones with sword symbol? and maybe a +2 to make them stronger than warlocks? it would only be a total of +6 if you are able to attack with 3 units which is very difficult, but even if you do, it would probably kill 3 units, which would give you +3 magic, still less powerful than magic drain, also, probably your units as they are not ranged, will also be reachable to be killed by your opponent, really bad if you used a reaper because you would not get the magic. So I would say +2 to only sword symbol, or restricted to the units you just said.

I think I would enjoy an event which would allow Ret to remove units from under reapers to heal other units adjacent (kind of dark sacrifice) sending those units to magic pile. I would also of course would like to give more power to Zombie warriors and skelies, but it is very difficult to achieve all in one go, so maybe just adding to their atacks + 2 would help all.
    Hey lcanela,

Thanks for the comments! I hear what you are saying about those units still needing more of a boost than what Rise provides, but my intention is that Rise can stack with Graveyard, bringing them up to 3 AV, plus the advantage of these units over Warlocks with these 2 new events, is the reach they will provide. Sure, the 2 AV range is still better from a Warlock, but if you can summon a Zombie in a forward position off a Graveyard wall with Rise in effect, kill a blocking unit and bring out another Zombie with 2 or 3 AV to hit a Summoner tucked behind a wall, that is pretty good.

I still need to playtest these events a bunch. So they probably aren't the finished product, but they seem pretty good right now. I think maybe Rise giving infect to all units and +1 AV to all 1 AV units, might be the way to go, especially to help Skellies. Our first test of Ret with new events was way too powerful, so these are toned down a bunch, and the answer might be in the middle somewhere.

Actually the more I think about it, the more changing Rise to this...

Rise (x2) - Add 1 to the Attack Value of all units you control with an Attack Value of 1 until the end of this turn. Until the end of this turn all Fallen Kingdom Units you control gain the Infect ability.

makes sense. Now skellies summoned on Rise are better than Warlocks. Totally makes them worth it to build in Ret's deck. Changes Ret's easy strategy this is "build every common in your hand", and makes it worth combo-ing events for offense.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast