Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: House Rules and Deck Building Restrictions my group uses

Awesome! I just learned today how to make vassal card edits. So I can do that for a few cards of yours if you'd like and we can set up a time. I have lots of free time at the moment, so I'm pretty flexible with a time.

Also, I was unable to find the Sand Cloaks dice. I'll mail you all the dice on Monday. You can have the 3 Sand Cloaks dice for free.

Here you go, Kburg, cause I know it's kind of cool to see photoshopped versions of your events:

Call to Arms.jpgCall to Arms.jpgMaster's Apprentice.jpg
    Last edited by commandercool; 03-12-2017 at 11:17 AM.

Graveyard.jpgRise.jpgZombie Warrior.jpg

I had already photoshopped blank Ret, Vlox, and Grog events, so these were quick. I think there were a couple places I played around with the wording or shortened the wording to get it to fit with a good-sized font. There was something I wasn't sure about in Master's Apprentice: seemed implied that it could only be played on commons. Wasn't sure if you just meant Cloak commons or any commons. For the moment it reads commons.

I hope to convert these to vassal files when I do a small batch sometime tomorrow along with some of my errata, then hopefully we can play some matches every here and there testing some of the stuff out.
    Last edited by commandercool; 03-12-2017 at 11:26 AM.

Thanks Commander for doing these! They look great! I didn't specify Cloak Common Units on Master's Apprentice, just because the rule card for Event Abilities already specifies that they can only be played on Sand Cloak Units.

What font do you use on these photoshopped cards? I use a program called CorelDraw for my every day work, and it has similar capabilities to Photoshop, so I would be interested in maybe doing some stuff like this myself if I had the matching font. The one you use looks like it is the same as what Plaidhat used.

For sure! Not a problem! Thanks. Oh, gotch, that makes sense.

The unit/event heading is "Dwarven Axe BB Regular." I was able to find free through google. It's the right font except on set-up cards, the unit names at the top, it's not quite the right spacing. The ability/event text is "Caslon Antique Regular." I was also able to find it for free through google.

Here are "blanks" (or close enough to it) I've either acquired through the forums or edited myself. I use a combination of Lightroom and this cheap program called Paint 2--I don't have normal photoshop, and my skills aren't great, but they're close, and with text on top, I think it's basically impossible to notice flaws.

I need to redo the Elien blank bc I "smoothed" the heading too much.

Blank Elien-2.jpgfarrah blank.jpgFK blank.jpgRet blank.jpg

That's great! Thanks!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast