Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: House Rules and Deck Building Restrictions my group uses

Topple does seem powerful when you read it, but I think the combination of these new events makes Oldin significantly weaker and so he needs something strong. I think we will try it a few times like this and then make a decision. Rolling might be an option in the end.

Have played quite a few times with this version of Ret. It is really fun, and often you have 5 or 6 commons on the board for long periods of time. But this needs a change.

Ret Talus: Objective - More thematic and fun. Make Zombies, Reavers and Reapers usable. Make Ret a little weaker for balance.
    Replace 3 Events (2 MD and 1 Dark Sacrifice)
    Unit Change: Zombie Warrior - Infect Ability can draw from any Discard or your hand. You may choose a Reaver from any of these locations instead of another Zombie Warrior.
    New Event: Graveyard (x1) - Place this card on top of any Wall Card you control. When summoning a Zombie Warrior, Reaver or Reaper you may place it on any empty space within 2 spaces of this wall and reduce that Unit's summoning cost by 1. Add 1 to the Attack Value of all Zombie Warriors, Reavers and Reapers within 2 spaces of this wall.
    New Event: Rise (x2) - Add 1 to the Attack Value of every Zombie Warrior, Reaver or Reaper you control until the end of this turn. Until the end of this turn all Fallen Kingdom Units you control gain the Infect ability.

This is proving to be stronger than regular Ret, so we are toning it down to this:

Ret Talus:
    Replace 2 Events (2 MD)
    New Event: Graveyard (x2) - Place this card on top of any Wall Card you control. You may summon Common Units within 2 spaces of this wall. Zombie Warriors within 2 spaces of this Wall gain the following ability. GREATER INFECT: Add 1 to the Attack Value of this Zombie Warrior. Each time this Zombie Warrior destroys an enemy Unit, you may immediately remove a FK Common Unit from any Discard Pile and place it on the space that the destroyed Unit occupied.

We are hoping this 2 card change is enough to make Ret super fun to play and a little weaker than regular Ret.

Aargau and I have play tested this Sera and this Elien a few times now (not against eachother). These are both proving to be major improvements with regards to fun and balance. We are going to continuing testing these for now. This new Intercession is really awesome and scary for the opponent. The 4 space restriction to Burn/Greater Burn alone is a huge improvement with regards to Positive Play Experience against Elien. Greater Blaze Step has proven useful, strong and not OP in the tests we have done.

Elien: Objective: Get rid of Magic Drain and slight boost to power level
    Replace 2 Events (2 MD)
    Event Modification: Burn and Greater Burn - ... within 4 spaces of your Summoner.
    New Event (2 copies): Greater Blaze Step - Choose a PE unit you control. If this unit is on the Battlefield at the end of your turn, you may place this unit adjacent to any Wall. Until the beginning of your next turn, this unit only receives wounds from rolls of 5 or higher.

Sera: Objective: More fun and Boost Power level
    Modify 3 Events (1 Intercession, 2 Divine Strength)
    Event Modification: Intercession - This event isn't played during your event phase. Instead, after your opponent resolves an attack on a single Common or Champion Unit you control for the first time this turn, you may play this card to select the attacked unit. If this unit is still on the Battlefield at the end of this Attack Phase, remove all Wound Markers from this unit and place them on an adjacent unit.
    Event Modification: Divine Strength - You may remove up to 1 Wound Marker from each Common Unit you control OR you may remove up to 1 Wound Marker from your Summoner.
    Last edited by KBurg7; 10-20-2017 at 07:18 PM.

Played my Natazga vs this version of Aargau's Vlox last night. Vlox won. Dice were definitely wonky and played a big part in how the game went. For example I attacked walls at least 11 plus times with 2 AV units trying to trigger Vine Walls, and it only happened twice in the game. However, this version of Vlox is definitely way more fun and unpredictable than MD/Spy Vlox. This Vlox lacks a bit of Magic overall, but I'd say power level is equal due to the crazy combos you can pull off with "Master's Apprentice". Allows you to get Slasher ability onto 2AV common units, as well as the madness that can occur with Fink on the board. We are going to test this a few more times, as it could turn out to be OP.

Vlox: Objective: More Thematic and Fun. Make Alliance units an option for Vlox. Keep at same power level.
    Replace 3 Events (2 MD and Spy)
    New Event Ability: Flare Gun - Once per turn during your Attack Phase, you may choose a ranged Unit you control and attack with them targeting a card on the Battlefield that this Unit can attack.
    New Event Ability: Master's Apprentice: Place this card under a Common Cloak Unit you control. This Unit gains the following ability: Master's Apprentice - This Common Unit shares the same abilities as Vlox each turn.
    New Event: Contract Killers - You may summon Cloak Common Units during this Event Phase. Any Units summoned this Event Phase that are on the Battlefield at the end of your turn are returned to your hand along with any Event Abilities under them and their summoning cost is reimbursed if able.

So far with all the games we have played where Magic Drain is removed and replaced with interesting events, makes the old boring summoners enjoyable again. Games have a lot more commons in them, a lot less killing your own units, and more strategy. I strongly recommend trying our events and Champ Table/Summoner Handicap, or at least making up your own MD replacements.
    Last edited by KBurg7; 10-27-2017 at 01:56 PM.

As a moderator, I’m informing you that this belongs in custom creations

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345