Thread: Mice & Mystics First Time Playing Questions

Default Mice & Mystics First Time Playing Questions

1. Do other mice or minions have any effect on ranged attacks. For example if there are, all in a row, Maginos, An empty space, Collin, A Roach and A Rat Warrior. Can Maginos attack the Rat Warrior? Or does Collin stop this happening as he is between the Maginos and the Rat Warrior. If he doesn't does Maginos have to attack the Roach since he is in front of the Rat Warrior? Or can Maginos freely attack either the Rat Warrior?
    2. What is Lure for?
    3. Do you collect cheese when rolling for movement if a cheese is rolled?
    4. When leveling up do you choose any new ability you want that your character can use or randomly select one? - Is it a good idea to just sort all of the abilities into the different classes at the start so it is easier to find abilities for your specific character?
    5. Can you use the Fishhook & Thread to get our of the sewer water?
    6. When moving from land to water with a current do you get pushed down stream after your turn has finished even though you just entered the water?
    7. When finishing a chapter does the damage your character taken carry over?
    8. When I search and get an Item can I play it immediately or do I need to wait until my next turn?

Thanks in advance for any help answers to these questions.
    Last edited by azgard; 12-27-2016 at 10:45 PM.

1. Maginos can choose to attack either the Roach or the Rat Warrior.
    2. I don't have the card handy at the moment.
    3. No. Cheese only is obtained during combat rolls
    4. When leveling up, you may choose any ability that your character can use that has not already been selected by another mouse.
    5. Yes
    6. I am pretty certain Yes, you get pushed downstream.
    7. No
    8. I believe that depends on what was already done this turn. A mouse that has just fallen into the sewers can search for the fishhook and if successfully found, can use it to assist their movement. A mouse that has already used its movement would not be able to use the fishhook to move again.

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply. That answers all of the questions I had.

I do have two more now after playing a couple more rounds.

1. When fighting Brodie he has two initiative cards. If Brodie takes a hit, which of his initiative cards gets a wound token?
    2. Once one of Brodies initiative cards has a wound token on it do I remove it or leave it until both have wound tokens?
    3. Even though one Brodies initiative cards has a wound token on it does it still have a turn or is it skipped since he has not been defeated yet?
    4. If Collin has two one handed swords which both give +1 attack, when he attacks do I add both +1's to his attack increasing it by +2? Or is he only able to attack with one weapon?
    5. Mystic Blade says "When attacking with this sword, any sword and star rolled count as 2 successes instead of 1." Does this also count when a sword, shield and star is rolled?
    Last edited by azgard; 01-02-2017 at 02:19 AM.

1,2,3- The player who wounded an enemy, who has more than one initiative card, must select 1 to place all wounds from that attack on. If an initiative card has as many wounds as hearts symbols, it is removed, also for any game effects that enemy is not "defeated" until all initiative cards are removed.

4- you may only choose one weapon to attack with.

5-when any card shows a specific symbol, like swords/shield/* only that symbol activates the effect.

Awesome. That clears everything up.

Thanks for everyones help.