Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's write bios

Default Let's write bios

Looks like Plaid Hat is never going to provide bios for the rest of the stuff. Let's write some ourselves, submit them here, edit if we have to for improvements, and submit to Plaid Hat and see if they'll accept and put on the unit bios.

Even if they say no, in the least we'll have fan fiction which would be better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by commandercool View Post
    Looks like Plaid Hat is never going to provide bios for the rest of the stuff. Let's write some ourselves, submit them here, edit if we have to for improvements, and submit to Plaid Hat and see if they'll accept and put on the unit bios.

Even if they say no, in the least we'll have fan fiction which would be better than nothing.
    I call dibs on the Shadow Elves!!!!
    "Shadow hide thee thief"

Prelate was Retch the Grotesque Mutant in "The Dance of Devils"
    Prelate was Archangel the Furious in "Light's Corruption"

These are the Vassal dice.
    They haunt your footsteps in the Vassal forums.
    They lurk in the shadows of every Vassal board.
    They hang like the sword of Damocles over the construction of every Vassal deck.
    They wait.
    They watch.
    They win.

Quote Originally Posted by commandercool View Post

I have a few near-bios (Father Ben, Crusader, Heavy Knight) within the text of my Shadow Vanguards project.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

I always liked my teaser battle of VV vs FP as a good bio for Father Ben. But really, I don't have anything else in the back of my head except that he's like Obi-Wan Kenobi

Also, Qayla and Korbolden were sent by the Vargath to fight with Moyra until the Vargath learn that she's a capable leader worthy of having Vargath under her command. Which they of course do, because Moyra is mega awesome.

Also, in my mind, Moyra assumed the role in the VG that Farrah abandoned. Which makes it very ironic that she ended up with a stone.

EDIT: I really should just write Moyra's.
    Last edited by killercactus; 11-10-2016 at 10:11 AM.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by Prelate View Post
    I call dibs on the Shadow Elves!!!!
    I still don't trust them shifty Shadow Elves...

Not calling dibs myself (because Dibs already exists, and is awesome), but I'll see if I can contribute something next week.
    Shard the Void Mutant in The Dance of Devils
    Nicholas the Honor Guard in Light's Corruption
    Talu the REAL TWIN in The Ice Wedding

Shadow Vanguards -- I

Darkness falls early amidst the towering trees of the deepest jungle. The old human had waited a full day in this secluded grove, and it was by firelight that he gazed upon the youthful features of the elf across from him. His face must hold many tales for her, he reflected, while her own offered merely a spotless window into the past. They were the same age.

At last, she broke the silence. “The blood cultists grow ever stronger, and the Shadow Elves will soon fall to corruption. Melundak wages an admirable effort against this incipient evil. And yet, in sacrificing so much of our sacred wisdom for the coarse magic of the beasts, he is doomed to failure.”

He nodded. “I have received the same vision.”

“And others?”

“Yes.” The flames danced in her dark eyes. He lowered his chin to his chest. “I have felt the cries of those who would leave earthly power and seek a new path. I have heard the call of the boy your King, imploring me to gaze upon him, to bear his message unto men.” He shuddered at the sound of his own words. “And I am a traitor. I have betrayed my Lady.”

Her hand grazed the back of his and came to rest on his elbow. “It is no treason,” she said. “Those such as you seek do not wish to betray their peoples, only to see clearly. They seek wisdom.”

“Wisdom…” intoned the priest. “How much weight hung upon that word when my hair was black and long.”

She smiled, but her eyes held sorrow.

“What is lost may yet return,” she said, “for the memory of the gods is far greater than our own, and age and youth to them are as the moon and sun to us.”

“Then shall my hair return, or merely my wisdom?”

She laughed. “All shall return through the Cycle. Yet for now, the burden of many deaths hangs upon you. Have you forgotten those truths we once discovered together, that death is but the source of rebirth, and pain the fount of healing?”

“I have not forgotten, nor shall I soon forget.”

“Do not doubt that your Lady will come to see it, too.”

“We shall see. The stars are aligned, and we are once again upon the path they have lain for us. I am ready to meet your King.”

“Then I shall call for Him.” She turned as if in a dance, and glided into the thicket until she was shrouded in the deepest black. He stood, unmoving, and stared at the embers of the fire for a long time.

“Ben.” Her voice drifted faintly from the trees. “Do you ever regret taking your vow?”

“Never,” he spoke to the darkness. “Nor the one night when I broke it.”

The relevant support common looks like this:

Auspex 1m/3/2
    FORESHADOW
    Units with the word “return” in their ability name and within 2 spaces of this Deacon, may, after rolling dice during your attack phase, choose to reroll one die. If the result of the new roll is identical with the previous result, instead of its normal effect, treat this die as inflicting 3 wounds.

And the relevant champion:

Moon Child
    2m/5/6
    RETURN TO SHADOWS
    If no movement requires moving closer to opponent’s side of the battlefield, Moon Child may move any number of spaces during your movement phase. If movement requires moving closer to opponent’s side of the battlefield, Moon Child may move one additional space for each wound marker on this card.

He is my first stab at a bio for Immortal Elien:

Walking around the barren wasteland, deep in the heart of the Fallen Kingdom, Prince Elien wonders silently to himself how he got here. Thinking: “What made me so desperate to accept this dark pact with that despicable minion of Ret-Talos? Am I that desperate to rule? What am I willing to accept to defend my land? Am I losing my power? No, it’s the look on my wife and son’s lifeless faces that are seared into my mind. They were kind. They didn’t deserve to be butchered like that. I need to avenge them and save my Empire from that Monster I call my Mother.”
    Sirian leads the group which comprises of Elien and personal body guards; which is made up of Lalya and some of most elite Warriors. The waste which lies around Elien utrns hi stomach, everywhere he looks, he see death and rotting flesh; where before his mind wondered, Prince Elien begins to feel a degree of fear seep into his soul. But, he knows it is too late to run and he is too proud to show anything but his determination as the travel on through the desolate landscape. As they travel farther east, they hear sound of moans and screams intensify. Sirian, Ret-Talus’s mad servant, turns to Elien and his party. With a crooked grin, one which would make even the most steadfast man uneasy, he says “Just a little further until we’ve made it to my home. Ret-Talus will be waiting for you inside the great hall of the necropolis of Gil-Nam, to perform the ritual.”

Lalya quickly turns to her Prince, who she has stood by sense the beginning of the civil war which tore their country apart. She implores Elien “I know we are doing this for our people, but there must be another way, there is still time to turn back my Prince. If we could only…” Elien Snaps, “Watch your tongue; here even the walls have their ears.” He leans in and whispers to her, “As stated before, this is the only way. I have no plans to serve Ret-Talos. Once he gives me this power, that’s when we will strike him down. Remember, this is our only chance to get the strength we need to not only destroy those loyal to my Mother; but with this we can take control of all which Ret-Talos possesses. Our nation will be an unstoppable powerful in Itharia.”

At that moment, Sirian turns and announces they have arrived. Gil-Nam is even more horrifying then any of the Pheonix Elves could have possibly imagined; they can see why it is called the Fortress-City of Murder. Sirian leads the party through the necropolis, they see undead line every passage way, screams of tourcher fill the air, and the sense of death grows the farther into Gil-Nam they go. Eventually they enter the great hall. It’s a colossal room, lit with candles green flame. In the center of the room, there is a ritual circle with 6 pyres on the edges of the circle; and to the far end, sits Ret-Talos on his skeletal thrown. Sirian immediately falls to his knees as the Elves tensely, standing at the ready and motionless.

Sirian yells out “My great and glorious Undead Master, I have done what you asked and brought you Prince Elien. He wishes to accept your gift of immortality and a fearless army.”

Ret-Talos glances over at Elien with his sharp glowing eyes; he slowly lifts his hand and motions for Elien to go into the center of the room. Fighting the urge to run, Elien tells himself that this is the only way, and makes his way to the ritual circle. Sirian then ask “Prince Elien, go to the center of the ritual circle and light the pyres around around you. I can ensure you, the flame won’t harm you.” Elien nods and makes his way into the circle. Once in the circle, Ret-Talos stands, starts his chant, and makes his way closer to Elien. Elien ignites the pyres and watches the flames grow as Ret-Talos comes closer. With each step Ret-Talos makes and every word that comes from the Undead King’s mouth, Prince Elien feels his power grow. “It is working” he thinks, however, the moment Ret-Talos enters the circle, the flames change from red to green and Elien feels the fire begin to burn; not from the fire itself, but from inside. At the very moment he let out a scream, the fire spins around him into a vortex and green flame then flies out of his mouth. Once this happens, several of his Pheonix Elf warriors that accompanied him fall to the ground and combust in flame.
    Ret-Talos begins to laugh hits Elien out of the circle. Prince Elien falls to the ground, sapped of all energy, and looks up in horror to see another him where he was standing just moments ago. This other self was a mirror image but with glowing green eyes that looked devoid of emotion. Ret-Talos looks down at Elien saying “You foolish child, do you really think I would trust someone like you with this gift. No, instead I have taken your soul and with it, the souls of countless people in your empire. So I have done as I said, I have created an Immortal Elien. And now, I will let him give you parting gift, the gift of death.”

Prince Elien, feeling the void within, just looks upon his Immortal self in awe and horror. “What have I done” he softly whispers as his corrupted Warriors move next to the new Immortal Elien’s side and one hands over his sword. Immortal Elien lifts the weapon, ready to end the Princes life when a fireball hits him back. Lalya, moves in with two non-corrupted warriors. Lalya runs over to the Prince’s side saying “Don’t worry sir; I’m going to get you out of here.” Upon hearing these words Prince Elien gets up only saying “I should’ve listened.” But she doesn’t listen just saying “That doesn’t matter, we have to get out of here to save those who are left.” They then flee knowing that, even though they came here to save their country, they just damned half of their nation and created a new monster to deal with.

Just want to bump this thread bc I think this thread is pretty awesome! I'm almost done with Melundak. Btw, the iElien bio was sweet!

Melundak "bio" version 1.2

Broken bows and lions’ bones strewn the moonlit field. In the unnatural night, Shikwa stood aghast. It was overwhelming: crackling pangs of white-hot pain. Be strong, there's sound. Aware of the mortal danger, she stuffed away the sorrow, creeping towards her Shi's hut. Just outside its loose, reed entrance, she paused, hearing a low, elvish voice of silver venom.

“...I know why you fear the night. Witami, my Witami! Come, let us remember! Let's start with Sedru! Surprised?! It was all too easy--don’t flatter yourself. You’re only clever till another’s more...”

My Shi's alive, Shikwa realized in tense relief. And confusion, Who's this cruel creature? Creature or creatures? Shikwa strained her keen, elvish ears.

“...Yes, I was Sedru. She was me, and I was she. I wove Satara, the darkest shades of Sedru's soul, to the shadows. It delighted to betray you...”

I must move soon. Smartly and swiftly. Shikwa silently nocked an arrow, and pulled another from her quiver.

“...This is my jungle now. I survived. I thrived. I outpaced you. I outplayed you. I twisted in the shadows and gnarled to the top. Like the vines that climb, we transformed in depths of darkness, choking the life from the mumways. I've learned your way and gone one further. It is my time. I pity you. A kingdom of lies, and the loss of a kingdom. The loss of your wife and the loss of your li..."

Shikwa exploding through the hut's opening, loosing one arrow, and another, and another. All three hung in the air, deathly hornets...and passed through mere shadow, plunging dully into wood on the far side of the interior. Shikwa screamed internally. Vengeance...and horror. Her Shi lay on the floor, strange shadow tendrils rapidly uncoiling from his body, quickly dissipating. She took three jab steps and threw herself down at his side. Breath. Shallow, but breath. Part in life and part in death. Who was that elvish monstrosity? Then she saw the stone. It's changed. Gray-brown tints at the edge--part in life and part in death. And then she moved in vengeance.
    Last edited by commandercool; 06-07-2017 at 04:43 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast