Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tark or Bauble?

In my experience the sand goblins have a hard time making that much magic.

then you should know how to rate bauble ...

Surely part of the problem with Tark at this point is that Camouflage is much better played on a Wraith, and there are much better events to put on Marek for flexible teaching.

I don't play Dinky on principle, but Sand Drake's options with assorted zero costers plus Event Abilities are quite scary, enough to make me play it in about half my games (Admiral in the other half). The other champs have to be cheap, so it's usually two of Biter/Violet/Fink, or Sin-Sin in some Admiral games. I think I've only played Tark once, and desperately wished I'd had Biter. Never played Bauble other than playing base decks, mostly because I want to use an array of commons rather than too many Scholars.

Quote Originally Posted by gojaejin View Post
    Surely part of the problem with Tark at this point is that Camouflage is much better played on a Wraith, and there are much better events to put on Marek for flexible teaching.
    Can you please explain why a Camouflaged Wraith it that good.

Quote Originally Posted by gojaejin View Post
    I don't play Dinky on principle, but Sand Drake's options with assorted zero costers plus Event Abilities are quite scary, enough to make me play it in about half my games (Admiral in the other half). The other champs have to be cheap, so it's usually two of Biter/Violet/Fink, or Sin-Sin in some Admiral games. I think I've only played Tark once, and desperately wished I'd had Biter. Never played Bauble other than playing base decks, mostly because I want to use an array of commons rather than too many Scholars.
    I can imagine flee on a loaded Sand Drake could be fun. If your opponent shoots it, it just approaches and dumps another unit on their side.

I guess another point w/Bauble that's pretty valuable is that he's variable: if you're more flush with magic or less so, you can choose to keep investing in him or not. Also, if you choose to invest, he's a a heavy champ you can get out for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by commandercool View Post
    I guess another point w/Bauble that's pretty valuable is that he's variable: if you're more flush with magic or less so, you can choose to keep investing in him or not. Also, if you choose to invest, he's a a heavy champ you can get out for cheap.
    If you don't Invest, he's horrible! He needs to be at least 6 cost 5+Event to ever justify him and then he's still underperforming except a 3 or more wound attack is blocked
    . And you need schoolars to really make him work.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker View Post
    If you don't Invest, he's horrible! He needs to be at least 6 cost 5+Event to ever justify him and then he's still underperforming except a 3 or more wound attack is blocked
    . And you need schoolars to really make him work.
    I agree. Not saying I think he's good. But those are important points in a discussion about his merits. I would only ever consider him in Marek where I can teach and give him Camo and Marked Target.

I will say I like Bauble as a last champ behind Dinky and Admiral in Marek in a champ heavy deck bc if I'm flush w/magic I can just endlessly sink magic into Bauble and it hurts their economy.

Just want to revisit Bauble. The only places I see him as ok are Marek with marked target and Scraven with thrust. As an anti champ 3/8/8 (assuming you use ability three times)ranged 3AV in Marek and 3AV thrust in Scraven against champs that’s quite strong! Howver he’s clearly weak against commons

Quote Originally Posted by commandercool View Post
    I will say I like Bauble as a last champ behind Dinky and Admiral in Marek in a champ heavy deck bc if I'm flush w/magic I can just endlessly sink magic into Bauble and it hurts their economy.
    Revisiting this myself, the best companion to Dinky in Marek is surely Hawk.

He's anti-common in general, he can remove a 1-life blocker before Dinky's movement, and he gets extra hawk strikes after Flee or Escape.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12