Thread: Newbie advice - Starter set?

Default Newbie advice - Starter set?

Hello all. I've seen a number of "starter sets" and "master sets" out there. Which would be the best value and starting point for someone new to the game?

Thanks!

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Either the Summoner Wars Master Set or the Alliances set. Alliances is probably the best starter because it includes cards that work with all 16 factions and gives you a taste of all of them.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    Either the Summoner Wars Master Set or the Alliances set. Alliances is probably the best starter because it includes cards that work with all 16 factions and gives you a taste of all of them.
    Agree with this - though I think the first master set is simpler to get the hang of than the Alliances
    "Shadow hide thee thief"

Prelate was Retch the Grotesque Mutant in "The Dance of Devils"
    Prelate was Archangel the Furious in "Light's Corruption"

These are the Vassal dice.
    They haunt your footsteps in the Vassal forums.
    They lurk in the shadows of every Vassal board.
    They hang like the sword of Damocles over the construction of every Vassal deck.
    They wait.
    They watch.
    They win.

Either the master set or alliances. Whichever looks better to you! In my opinion, though, Alliances is a lot cooler and more fun, but it is a little more complicated.
    Last edited by commandercool; 11-01-2016 at 08:55 AM.