Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question Dump - Post your questions here

Default Question Dump - Post your questions here

The intention for this thread is for all rule and clerical questions to be posted here, to help with the traffic of threads in the forums. Post your questions and fellow members and PHG lords will all help to answer.

Seen a lot of questions on separate threads. If we post them here guys then newcomers and everyone else has a one stop shop to find all their answers!

Agreed 100%!

I am not a fan of the giant threads with tons of varying questions, such as this thread in the Mice and Mystics rules forum. http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_for...ules-Questions

That thread does have a lot of good information, but if I have a specific question it is really hard to figure out if my question has already been answered. I have to slog through every page just to find out if my question has even been asked, which is really inefficient and no fun if I'm trying to get a quick answer to a specific question.

The individual threads for single or related questions are good because someone who is looking for where their question has already been asked, can simply look at the titles and only check the treads with a relevant subject. Even if the threads they check don't have their question in it they only have to check the first post since that's where the questions are asked. I've found this sort of scan and check is much easier and requires less time to search than the times I've tried finding an answer in that giant thread I linked to above.

The "I've just played my first game and have questions" are still useful despite their myriad and varied questions because they tend to have questions that are basic clarifications and thus the questions have some relation. And again all of the questions are typically asked in the first post so only that post needs to be checked if someone is looking for an answer to their specific question.

However, the one stop shop for answers isn't a bad idea. In fact that's exactly what an FAQ is! And the nice thing about an FAQ is that it can be made with categories so it is easy to navigate and other such features. So I'd be 110% behind an unofficial FAQ thread if someone wanted to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by CandorVelexion View Post
    I am not a fan of the giant threads with tons of varying questions, such as this thread in the Mice and Mystics rules forum. http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_for...ules-Questions

That thread does have a lot of good information, but if I have a specific question it is really hard to figure out if my question has already been answered. I have to slog through every page just to find out if my question has even been asked, which is really inefficient and no fun if I'm trying to get a quick answer to a specific question.

The individual threads for single or related questions are good because someone who is looking for where their question has already been asked, can simply look at the titles and only check the treads with a relevant subject. Even if the threads they check don't have their question in it they only have to check the first post since that's where the questions are asked. I've found this sort of scan and check is much easier and requires less time to search than the times I've tried finding an answer in that giant thread I linked to above.

The "I've just played my first game and have questions" are still useful despite their myriad and varied questions because they tend to have questions that are basic clarifications and thus the questions have some relation. And again all of the questions are typically asked in the first post so only that post needs to be checked if someone is looking for an answer to their specific question.

However, the one stop shop for answers isn't a bad idea. In fact that's exactly what an FAQ is! And the nice thing about an FAQ is that it can be made with categories so it is easy to navigate and other such features. So I'd be 110% behind an unofficial FAQ thread if someone wanted to do that.
    The beauty of these kinds of threads is the same question can be asked twice. I don't mind, and I am sure most others don't mind, answering the same question multiple time either. We are a community and here to help one another.

Got a question, if you have units in the reserve and your nest is full, when its time to put them back in. Do they stay in the reserve until the end of next round?

Wow full nest huh? No just place them adjacent to the nest.
    Always the Mice Guy!

I think the full nest situation may well happen often, so it's good to have that answer and know that Rats can't keep mice off the board by piling into the Mouse nest (or vice versa)!

I have a question and a couple of things I wanted to check after playing through a couple of games. I want to make sure I'm getting these thing right before I introduce anyone new to the game.

1. Aerijin's ability gives him +1 move if he is transporting a ground figure. I then expected to see a rule I'd previously missed saying that birds transporting figures were normally slowed, and this ability was to offset that, but no such rule was there. Am I correct then in believing that Aerijin simply goes faster when transporting a mouse than when he doesn't?

2. Is there a way of telling if a bird at centre tilt over a tree space is flying or landed, or does this just need remembered from one turn to the next?

3. Can I confirm that each figure allocated hits during a group attack only rolls their defense once, not once per hit?

Thanks,

Richard

Shiny Games

Am I correct then in believing that Aerijin simply goes faster when transporting a mouse than when he doesn't?
    You are correct

2. Is there a way of telling if a bird at centre tilt over a tree space is flying or landed, or does this just need remembered from one turn to the next?
    You just remember

3. Can I confirm that each figure allocated hits during a group attack only rolls their defense once, not once per hit?
    Each figure hit rolls its defense just once.
    Always the Mice Guy!

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyGames View Post
    We actually do it the other way around, when a bird is perched we set it with the beak up and then when taking off we set it to center tilt
    Works like a charm, no way to miss it then

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast