Thread: Hi, I'm brand new to VASSAL...

Default Hi, I'm brand new to VASSAL...

...And I'm looking for someone who'd be willing to play a game and teach me the ropes.

Dennis
    I used to have a desk by the window...and I could see the squirrels...and they were married...

I could..set the building...on fire...

Hey....

Most of the time when people are on, if you explain your situation someone will help you out. It's a pretty friendly and helpful community.

So my best suggestion is to log in when you have an hourish someday and try to find someone willing to help out. People are on at random points all throughout the day.

The one other things I'd suggest doing, if you haven't already is check out the Vassal tutorial thread. There is a link in my signature if you haven't seen it.

And then I'd also just log in and play around a bit with the interface...it'll help give you a bit of an idea of what the buttons and things do.

Hope this all helps you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixio View Post
    As for Ranior, he's a little more difficult to deal with and can do some real damage.
    Tournament Record: 37-18

True, most of us would be glad to help you out and weeknights there's usually a few people online.
    Ask me about the Summoner Wars VASSAL group chat!

And actually many weekends there are people on too....really just get on when you can, and see if others are there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixio View Post
    As for Ranior, he's a little more difficult to deal with and can do some real damage.
    Tournament Record: 37-18

Go in, start a new game offline, and try to build your deck. That will help.

Also, go online and watch a game (enter a room with people in it already, right-click one of the 2 users playing, and click "synchronize" to synch up with them).
    Webmaster
    1 AV, 3 Life, 2 Summon Cost
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.