Thread: Question about Hunters (SG) and Pack Dominance

Default Question about Hunters (SG) and Pack Dominance

I searched, but didn't find a book on these guys, so sorry up front if there is one.

The other day we were playing and I had 3 Hunters out on the board. Pack Dominance makes them 3 life, 3 summon. Okay, one of the three Hunters ended up taking a wound, moving him down to 2 lives. And now I take my turn. Nothing spectacular, but I still have all three Hunters when my opponent next goes.

He attacks one of the fully healthy Hunters (3 life and 3 summon) and kills it. I proceed to remove a life from the other fully healthy Hunter (so it's now 2 life, 2 summon), and don't do anything with the 3rd Hunter as he'd been wounded a previous turn and was already at 2 lives. So here's the question and the source of our disagreement.

Does the previously wounded Hunter still lose a life due to Pack Dominance (and go down to 1 life remaining), or is he fine since he's already at 2 lives?

We weren't sure how to play this. Thanks in advance!
    "Because he's cool. He should move 6 because he's cool" ~ Sheilia
    Yes, Shiela, you're right. Chewie should move 6.

I think you might be thinking about it backwards?

The Life Value is how many wounds it will take to destroy a unit. So when you had 3 Hunters on the board, any Hunter with 3 wounds (or more) on it would immediately be destroyed, and with 2 on the board, any Hunter with 2 wounds would immediately be destroyed.

So for the wounded Hunter, he starts with:
    * 3 Life Value. Receives 1 Wound. 2 more wounds would destroy him.

After the other Hunter is destroyed:
    * Goes down to 2 Life Value. Still has 1 Wound on him, so 1 more wound would destroy him.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I searched, but didn't find a book on these guys, so sorry up front if there is one.

The other day we were playing and I had 3 Hunters out on the board. Pack Dominance makes them 3 life, 3 summon. Okay, one of the three Hunters ended up taking a wound, moving him down to 2 lives. And now I take my turn. Nothing spectacular, but I still have all three Hunters when my opponent next goes.

He attacks one of the fully healthy Hunters (3 life and 3 summon) and kills it. I proceed to remove a life from the other fully healthy Hunter (so it's now 2 life, 2 summon), and don't do anything with the 3rd Hunter as he'd been wounded a previous turn and was already at 2 lives. So here's the question and the source of our disagreement.

Does the previously wounded Hunter still lose a life due to Pack Dominance (and go down to 1 life remaining), or is he fine since he's already at 2 lives?

We weren't sure how to play this. Thanks in advance!
    Confused about the way that you're talking about Hunters. Here's how they work. You had 3 Sand Goblin Hunters. That means that all 3 had a HV of 3. But then you say that Hunter A is killed. The HV of each remaining Hunter immediately dropped to 2 as a result of Hunter A's death. You said Hunter B had 1 Wound Marker: if he were to take 1 more Wound Marker, he'd be dead. The remaining Hunter C's HV would immediately drop to 1 as a result of Hunter B's death.

When 1 Hunter dies, you decrease the HV of each remaining Hunter by 1. It does not matter if one of the remaining Hunter's already has 1 Wound Marker--you still decrease that Hunter's HV by 1. If the decrease in HV would destroy the Hunter, you discard the Hunter.
    Last edited by commandercool; 10-19-2016 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by commandercool View Post

When 1 Hunter dies, you decrease the HV of each remaining Hunter by 1. It does not matter if one of the remaining Hunter's already has 1 Wound Marker--you still decrease that Hunter's HV by 1. If the decrease in HV would destroy the Hunter, you discard the Hunter.
    Sorry for the confusing wording, but this above was the answer I was looking for. Turns out I was wrong, but it didn't matter as I lost anyway.

Thanks again.
    "Because he's cool. He should move 6 because he's cool" ~ Sheilia
    Yes, Shiela, you're right. Chewie should move 6.