Thread: I see lots of different "Exclusive Phoenix Born" on site but confused

Default I see lots of different "Exclusive Phoenix Born" on site but confused

It seems like there are "Decks" of cards but the casters that come with them are different are the decks the same?
    The people we play we use it like a board game, we don't change the decks we just play them as they are set up in base game (I'm very tired of deck building so I like to just play without building decks)
    So I thought more Pheonix board = More options ... but I don't want to pay 15$x3 just for the same deck of cards but different Phoenix born (I'd rather just pick the one I want from Plaid Hat Store)

Anyone able to shed some advice about: The Children of Blackcloud has 3 options in it, as does the other ones I saw.

Sorry for being such a newb at this.

Quote Originally Posted by TrentL View Post
    It seems like there are "Decks" of cards but the casters that come with them are different are the decks the same?
    The people we play we use it like a board game, we don't change the decks we just play them as they are set up in base game (I'm very tired of deck building so I like to just play without building decks)
    So I thought more Pheonix board = More options ... but I don't want to pay 15$x3 just for the same deck of cards but different Phoenix born (I'd rather just pick the one I want from Plaid Hat Store)

Anyone able to shed some advice about: The Children of Blackcloud has 3 options in it, as does the other ones I saw.

Sorry for being such a newb at this.
    Children of Blackcloud has it's own phoenixborn, Brennen. The 'exclusive phoenix-born' are basically just a phoenix-born card with his/her own personal cards that you get as a bonus along with the deck. Free to ignore or deckbuild with as you wish. Children of Blackcloud is a full deck on it's own, you just get a little extra something when you order from the phg store.

Hope that helps.
    Shard the Void Mutant in The Dance of Devils
    Nicholas the Honor Guard in Light's Corruption
    Talu the REAL TWIN in The Ice Wedding

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

If you end up getting the promo phoenixborn and don't want to deckbuild, I find just trading in Dimona Odinstar and her Knights into the Iron Men deck for Coal Roarkwin and his 100 Blades cards to work pretty well. I also think swapping out Jessa Na Ni and her Fear cards for Lulu Firststone and her Phoenix Barrages works well, too.

Orrick Gilstream though pretty much needs a custom deck built around him. If I had to put him somewhere, it would probably also be in the Iron Men, but you would also need to remove one each of the Nature and Ceremonial dice and replace them with one each of Illusion and Charm.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!