Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Natazga: more thoughts

Default Natazga: more thoughts

Just played Natazga v. Demagogue. base decks

- Won but was from my perspective, a tough matchup for Natazga bc I couldn't easily reach that back wall. I echo Waterd's sentiment that if Natazga can't get units on a wall early--and i'd say 2 units on a wall by the end of the second turn--it's kind of trouble.
    - Skrub was first champ I drew. Had built a big magic lead early. Summoned him pretty much just to get a better idea about him. I still think he's bad, esp in Natazga. Natazga's base champs, I think you either get to summon Skrub and one of the others or just one of the others.
    - Played both my erosions only just to ensure that I was able to produce 1 wall. could have held for a better economic benefit but this felt like a matchup to me that if i wanted to win i had to control momentum so i couldn't wait for the optimal play and just kept my foot on the gas.
    - Zealots I used as much for attack as their ability but I used their ability often. They're an excellent unit and outclass the Swordsman for the 2/1/1 statline.
    - Swamp Archers are an excellent unit for what Natazga wants to do.
    - Vines are important to create bc they're latent units for Natazga. One way to get the most out of Natazga's economy is to wait to use Fury of the Fen when you have no units, as quick units and also to get 3 attacks out of them.
    - Didn't do much w/Skulltakers in this matchup. Battle Champion is buildable 90% of the time. I would use Skulltakers for three things: (1) blockers; (2) attacking champs; (3) attacking summoners; (4) attacking walls; (5) attacking high-health commons
    - Natazga's economy is difficult to manage. Her efficient money makers are the Swamp Archers, but they're not so versatile bc they're only efficieny if you have VW to protect them. They're probably best in the background with Skull Takers up front tanking.
    - Natazga's base deck is mediocre. Built deck I'd say is probably mediocre, too
    - Natazga's best potential is assassination--she's not designed for a long-haul
    - Didn't summon Zur Lak. Sklursh appeals most to me though, I think. Seems scary to defend against. Sklursh would really shine where you can make VWs before the movement phase, though, like in Glurblub and Mugglug
    Last edited by commandercool; 09-28-2016 at 09:27 PM.

Etchless world I'll probably play
    - Prong, Lukestor, Glarg/Mik/Turt/Zur Lak
    - 5 Stone Golem, 3 Swamp Archer, 4 Zealot, 2 Swamp Rat

with SGs as the bread and butter and Swamp Rats for combos and extra movements. I think Lukestor probably outclasses Sklursh here. Though 3AV ranged is good.

Not sure how high Natazga gets in the tiers on Etchless deckbuilding but I don't think she's elite. I think she's mid-tier at best. I think she's outclassed thorougly by Glurblub and definitely Mugglug. I might be wrong on Glurblub as she has potential as a really unique assassin.

Mugglug is going to love Sklursh and Swamp Archers.

My Mugg build is probably (Etchless and RM-less)
    - 3 of Sklursh, Mik, Glurp, Turt, Glarg
    - 6 Swamp Rats, 3 Swamp Archers, SM Swordsman/Stone Golems

I think that Farrah and Saturos are stronger but I don't have a good grasp of Natazga's built potential.

EDIT: Also, I am thinking that if I play Natazga base, I probably build Skrub almost every time.
    Last edited by commandercool; 09-28-2016 at 11:13 PM.

I think Natazga's matchup verse the Demagogue is not a particularly bad one. Yes, it is hard to quickly hit that back wall but Dema is a very defensive Summoner who is vulnerable to deep threats that Natazga can provide. I think though, the key for her in this matchup is to focus less on attacking the summoner but rather focus on the mutations. Fen can really be effective economically verse Dema and should be the primary target. Also, if you are deckbuilding, her 3+ AV champions really shine in this matchup. The one other thought in this matchup is that I might be more willing to hold onto one of the Battle Champions just cause if you do kill a mutation with a skulltaker, you can get -6 off the summon cost of a champion which really can help in the economy battle.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Irisches Glueck View Post
    I think Natazga's matchup verse the Demagogue is not a particularly bad one. Yes, it is hard to quickly hit that back wall but Dema is a very defensive Summoner who is vulnerable to deep threats that Natazga can provide. I think though, the key for her in this matchup is to focus less on attacking the summoner but rather focus on the mutations. Fen can really be effective economically verse Dema and should be the primary target. Also, if you are deckbuilding, her 3+ AV champions really shine in this matchup. The one other thought in this matchup is that I might be more willing to hold onto one of the Battle Champions just cause if you do kill a mutation with a skulltaker, you can get -6 off the summon cost of a champion which really can help in the economy battle.
    Not sure if you mean this or not, but killing a mutant with a skull taker still only gets one card under him. The card under the mutant will go to the magic pile as normal, and the mutant will go under the skull taker.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    Not sure if you mean this or not, but killing a mutant with a skull taker still only gets one card under him. The card under the mutant will go to the magic pile as normal, and the mutant will go under the skull taker.
    woops, that hinders that plan a bit haha

Just realized that you can Fury of the Fen a VW into Sklursh-range then Sklursh-teleport onto it. Pretty good trick.

Quote Originally Posted by commandercool View Post
    Just realized that you can Fury of the Fen a VW into Sklursh-range then Sklursh-teleport onto it. Pretty good trick.
    Can you? I thought it was implicit that you can only "place" units onto spaces they could otherwise move onto (e.g. Lun can't teleport people on top of each other). Since KC decided that you can't move onto Vine Walls during Fury of the Fen, I would assume you can't VINEMANCER STEP onto them either.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheuslkr View Post
    Can you? I thought it was implicit that you can only "place" units onto spaces they could otherwise move onto (e.g. Lun can't teleport people on top of each other). Since KC decided that you can't move onto Vine Walls during Fury of the Fen, I would assume you can't VINEMANCER STEP onto them either.
    Maybe I'm wrong, was just relying on this from him, "Furied vine walls are still vine walls - they're just units, too." But then again, you could still rule otherwise by the rule that you can't move onto a space that has a VW and a unit--you could just say that the Furied VW is a space that has a VW and a unit.

Quote Originally Posted by commandercool View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong, was just relying on this from him, "Furied vine walls are still vine walls - they're just units, too." But then again, you could still rule otherwise by the rule that you can't move onto a space that has a VW and a unit--you could just say that the Furied VW is a space that has a VW and a unit.
    I would think that since it's an "occupied space," another unit can't be placed there by a card effect.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheuslkr View Post
    I would think that since it's an "occupied space," another unit can't be placed there by a card effect.
    This is correct
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast