Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My post-second summoners builds

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Well, Dancers aren't going to work quite as well with KC, because in order to activate BLAZE DODGE, the opponent has to "roll to attack the Fire Dancer", which they haven't done. In other words, the Fire Dancer needs to be the target of the attack.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

The point with Fire Dancers was their duel purpose. Lots of health for KC to use - but also a tough blocker or offensive unit should you need one. As for other units for Betray - FP Cultists are pretty good in their own right - as they have 3hp, can be raised for free with "From the Ashes", and can Kill themselves off when wounded by rolling a 6 - preferably by attacking the unit that took a swipe at KC. Of course, Augers are free, which is great - but there are at least other decent options, and a whole range of possibilities.
    I like our little Rat friend
    "Shadow hide thee thief"

Prelate was Retch the Grotesque Mutant in "The Dance of Devils"
    Prelate was Archangel the Furious in "Light's Corruption"

These are the Vassal dice.
    They haunt your footsteps in the Vassal forums.
    They lurk in the shadows of every Vassal board.
    They hang like the sword of Damocles over the construction of every Vassal deck.
    They wait.
    They watch.
    They win.

I also think Khan, Doc, and Admiral are a really good combination in the Cloaks or Marek. If Khan fails to Betray, then Doc can heal. If Khan betrays, wounds can be placed on Admiral. In Marek you can also add the Wraiths which are the best Betray targets.

Also Khan and Sybil in the Vanguards or Moyra. Khan betrays to Sybil, but there's chance she doesn't actually take wounds, and, if she would, you can protect her. Or Khan fails to betray and you protect/heal him. Or he betrays to a unit that can be covered by Guard and they can be healed.
    Last edited by commandercool; 09-19-2016 at 12:39 PM.

While amusing I really don't get this Khan Carne obsession here. What's the point on a undying KC? If you use units or even eleins will to protect him then yes he will turn out to be a 2/7-8 unit? But the cost is not that good then anymore. You will feed more magic to your opponent (via killed commons/using will) and probably also spent similar magic as if you just summon a 2/7 for 6 unit but KC has no additional ability AND is unreliable. So to me he is more like a fun unit but even with all the playaround he stays a 2AV unit without an ability - definitively not worth to spend Admiral life on him (most of the time)!

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker View Post
    While amusing I really don't get this Khan Carne obsession here. What's the point on a undying KC? If you use units or even eleins will to protect him then yes he will turn out to be a 2/7-8 unit? But the cost is not that good then anymore. You will feed more magic to your opponent (via killed commons/using will) and probably also spent similar magic as if you just summon a 2/7 for 6 unit but KC has no additional ability AND is unreliable. So to me he is more like a fun unit but even with all the playaround he stays a 2AV unit without an ability - definitively not worth to spend Admiral life on him (most of the time)!
    That depends massively on board situation. In a choke point he could be effective at stopping a rush. On the offensive he could lock down a summon point or a Summoner's escape route.
    A 6 hp, 3av champion comes to take him out (average cost 6 magic) You betray 2 attacks onto 0 cost augers, and kill the champ in 3 turns (perfectly possible using Elien's Will.) They spend 7 magic and gain 2. You spend 6 (lets say 7 to 8 with Elien's Will) and gain 1. So do they come out ahead economically? It looks like it - except you still have a champ on the board who can keep attacking.
    Sending commons against KC seems like a bad idea - as their weaker attacks may not even kill off the Augers/other commons via betray - and KC will harvest them - while you kill off your wounded Auger/common and replace it with another one. How is this bad?
    "Shadow hide thee thief"

They hang like the sword of Damocles over the construction of every Vassal deck.
    They wait.
    They watch.
    They win.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker View Post
    That's the question to me, too. I agree with Prelate that in some situations it might be good to have him. On the other hand, that's why I think his best role is probably in one of the Vanguard decks where he can be healed and his betray targets (ideally Crusaders or Heavy Knights) can be healed. Father Ben and Sybil are both great targets for Betray. But Khan won't be a serious candidate in Moyra bc I think the build I've listed of Moyra is stronger. But I think he could be a serious candidate in Sera or Sam.

I do question whether Khan Carne adds much value in being able to remain the same spot without dying: I'm not seeing it. I guess when a ranged unit can shoot the gap. So I guess he can be used as a type of bodyguard. And he can even betray onto your summoner if you Augurs next to your summoner. Where else is the use, though?

Here's a Sera build I would try him in that I think would be pretty solid:
    - Sybil, Khan Carne, Lukestor
    - 4 Heavy Knight, 4 Defender, 5 Priest

And a little off topic, but the Sera Surprise build:
    - Lukestor, Qayla, Khan Queso
    - 5 CK, 5 Cherubim, 3 Priest
    Last edited by commandercool; 09-19-2016 at 06:30 PM.

Have added the following Rallul build to my list of builds:
    - Duggle, Mingle, Urick
    - 6 Invaders, 5 Stone Golem, 3 Rune Mage

What happened to your Glurblub build?? I like that one....
    "Shadow hide thee thief"

They wait.
    They watch.
    They win.

Quote Originally Posted by Prelate View Post
    What happened to your Glurblub build?? I like that one....
    Thanks! Lol, got rid of it because it's a work in progress and not quite sure about it: really unsure on the Zealot amounts. I know that I want: (1) Prong, Turt, ?; and (2) Rune Mages, Zealot, Swamp Rats, and Stone Golems. But not sure on third champ or on the amount of commons. I'm thinking Sklursh for last champ for surprise element.

There's probably a decent, not the most powerful but fun, "Sera Surprise" deck in here somewhere with some combination of Lukestor, Cavalry Knights, Qayla, Cherubim. I haven't given up the thought that the best Sera deck might include Khan Carne.

Maybe something like

- Sybil, Jacob/Lukestor, Khan Carne
    - 3 Heavy Knight/Crusader, 3 Defender, 3 GK, 4 Priest

Where you play champ heavy, dump Khan's wound markers onto Crusader/Heavy Knights that you heal with Priests. And then you sit Jacob back behind everything, protecting him, using Heaven's Rain. Or, if you play Lukestor, fly to safety when you need healing.

EDIT:
    Actually, the best Sera build will probably be something like
    - Sybil, Jacob, Lukestor
    - 2/3 Heavy Knight, 4 Defender, 4/3 Priest, 3 Guardian Knight

Treat HKs as mini-champs. Utilize Defenders to get HK and GKs hit on 5+.
    Last edited by commandercool; 09-19-2016 at 07:02 PM.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast