Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: My post-second summoners builds

I recently realized that SO Zealots, which I considered a 'meh' unit in Natazga and Glurblub are pretty great in Mugglug. This realization came by getting completely trounced by a swamp that started on my side of the board. Muggles' power complements zealots very well.
    Shard the Void Mutant in The Dance of Devils
    Nicholas the Honor Guard in Light's Corruption
    Talu the REAL TWIN in The Ice Wedding

Anyone played new Sunderved (Aspirant, Guard, Commander, Storm Mage)? Aspirant + Greater Command + Commander + Guard seems brutal and much easier to setup than Moyra's stuff.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by commandercool View Post
    Anyone played new Sunderved (Aspirant, Guard, Commander, Storm Mage)? Aspirant + Greater Command + Commander + Guard seems brutal and much easier to setup than Moyra's stuff.
    Similar to Moyra, Commanders and Guards are a bit tougher to setup here simply because Sunderved doesn't start with one on the battlefield. Malenatar gets a lot of use out of that opening Guard and especially the opening Commander. Having to summon those guys is a tempo hit to Sunderved sometimes.

I like Aspirants a lot with him, obviously. Hucking 3 dice for a 1 cost common AND getting upgraded positioning is a big deal. I do think Commanders and Guards are also good with him - just that its not as easy as it is with Malenatar to get everything setup together. I don't really like Malenatar's champs for him - I'd rather stick with Quen, Growden and a flex 3rd slot for Luka or Qayla or something.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Thanks, KC.

Is there a Woeful Bro+Strong Spirit build that actually works?

Maybe:
    - Woeful Brother
    - GK Knight
    - Heavy Knight
    - Master Bullock
    - ?
    - ?

And can the commitment to Woeful Brothers+Strong Spirits actually be worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Syurtpiutha View Post
    I recently realized that SO Zealots, which I considered a 'meh' unit in Natazga and Glurblub are pretty great in Mugglug. This realization came by getting completely trounced by a swamp that started on my side of the board. Muggles' power complements zealots very well.
    I find that the modern (no Rallul) Muggs works best with Swamp Rats, some Swamp Archers, Prong and Sklursh. For extra vine generation, I'd tend to prefer a couple of Swamp Beasts over Zealots, since their timing works with Sklursh.

Quote Originally Posted by Syurtpiutha View Post
    I put 9 in my Mugglug deck last night vs. Dema and they were incredible. It made his deck extremely aggressive and almost felt OP, though I think my opponent had crappy draws.

Quote Originally Posted by Nburghardt View Post
    I put 9 in my Mugglug deck last night vs. Dema and they were incredible. It made his deck extremely aggressive and almost felt OP, though I think my opponent had crappy draws.
    Analytically, it seems like almost all of Glurblub and Natazga's units are straightforwardly even better it Muggs. (Except for Skrub, who's only even passable in a super-defensive Glurb build with Etch, and Skull Takers, who should be played by no one, ever.) Ambush and Guard are just too good of events to ever use units that already have one of those abilities. Rats are nice in the no-AppMage meta, often comboing with an Archer to drop 5 dice in a line on an Ambush turn. Prong is of course extremely OP in Muggles. And Boarboons, which I find solidly worse than Savagers in Nat or Glurb+Etch, are pretty awesome for Muggs.

I think Mugg has lots of great options and is stronger than Nat or Glurb, but traditionally takes some effort to get walls creeping into the opponent's turf. His ability makes Zealots such a great tool for aggressive play. Creating an instant wall space deep in enemy territory adjacent to an enemy or friendly unit to then kill and create another wall makes a big challenge for the opponent. Being a 2 melee unit for 1 cost makes them decent too, especially if they finish next to your walls. I think Dema might be distinctly vulnerable to this strategy because I find him weak versus a rush. Zealots create a very unique tool for aggressive walls in Mugg.

Jwalker mentioned a pretty cool Jexik deck. Something like:

Demon Hands, Renegade, Assassin, Sniper
    Barston, Admiral, Fink

I think If I were to play any Bender or Endrich often, I'd actually play Lem.

Use Puppets to protect Lem if he's able to kill a Unit. Even if he doesn't, use Controller/Siren to make space between Lem and Unit he's attacked and then jump the Puppet in there to protect Lem. Sorgwen if you have her out at same time can then use her ability to attack with Puppet to let you put 7 dice straight line on any Unit. Very strong.

Oh yeah, and Sirens hidden behind a Wall are amazing.

Benders now have so many damn excellent Units. I think in any Bender deck it's gotta be: (1) 4x Controller; (2) 3x Sirens; (3) 4x Puppet; and (4) 3x Geopath. And then champs, so many great options. Obviously Sorgwen. And Owl. After that either Haku or Lem.
    Last edited by commandercool; 04-15-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829