Thread: Long Night stories

Default Long Night stories

Plaid Hat,

I love Dead of Winter. It's my all-time favorite game. Long night, wonderfully done. Especially love the Raxxon module. The thing I love most about the game is how it sucks the player in and makes them a part of a unique story. This is accomplished at the start by setting the mood with a little story blurb that states where the colony is at morally and mentally. Unfortunately, this is largely not included with Long Night unless you are playing the Raxxon or bandit objectives. Please please please put out a supplemental story book for each of the new objective cards and betrayer cards. This is a huge impact for me on the game to the point that I don't play the new objectives unless I am doing a purely competitive game, which is never as much fun.

As a side note, the way the Raxxon and bandit modules cover multiple objectives and an advancing story arc is awesome. In you do another expansion, please do more of this.

Quote Originally Posted by rkrichar View Post
    Plaid Hat,

I love Dead of Winter. It's my all-time favorite game. Long night, wonderfully done. Especially love the Raxxon module. The thing I love most about the game is how it sucks the player in and makes them a part of a unique story. This is accomplished at the start by setting the mood with a little story blurb that states where the colony is at morally and mentally. Unfortunately, this is largely not included with Long Night unless you are playing the Raxxon or bandit objectives. Please please please put out a supplemental story book for each of the new objective cards and betrayer cards. This is a huge impact for me on the game to the point that I don't play the new objectives unless I am doing a purely competitive game, which is never as much fun.

As a side note, the way the Raxxon and bandit modules cover multiple objectives and an advancing story arc is awesome. In you do another expansion, please do more of this.
    I second all of this. I miss the short stories too.

I dig a lot of the character work in the events. Good stuff.
    Shard the Void Mutant in The Dance of Devils
    Nicholas the Honor Guard in Light's Corruption
    Talu the REAL TWIN in The Ice Wedding