Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tier list with all the summoners.

Default Tier list with all the summoners.

I wanted to create a New tier list now that that all summoners are released. IŽll keep this tier list up to date with my opinions as they evolve. Others are welcome to post their list as always.
    IŽll have 3 lists.
    Original rules with some changes: Tier list with 10x commons, all original rules, except rallul mercs only on mercs, and 1 merc champ max. Also Dok stalemate rule.

Avan variant tier list + Avan Built format rules: Just the tier list with avan variant + Avan built format, in whatever state is on their respective threads.

App tier list: using the "you must attack every turn" anti stalemate rule. similar rules than original rules.

Tiers
    Tier S: OP summoners: If you want to win, there is no reason to not pick a summoner in tier S They have barely any bad matchups and they crush a lot of matchups.
    Tier A: Top summoners: They should be the core of a competitive scene, they should have a reasonable chance vs Tier S summoners, and basically have good matchups or decent across the board.
    Tier B: Middle of the pack summoners: Summoner here fall into two categories, they can cause serious problems to some of the tier S or tier A summoners or they are just solid and lack any problematic matchups
    Tier C: Somewhat weak summoners: These summoners could be solid, but have some matchups that are quite bad, or are summoners just a pinch short of being even in too many matchups.
    Tier D: UP summoners: These summoners have too many bad matchups or just are overall weak and there is no reason to play them at competitive level.

They are orderer randomly in the tiers though, donŽt feel for now to order them inside them.

Avan variant with Avan Built format.
    Tier S: Rallul
    Tier A: Ellien, Tacullu, Sneeks, Frick, Jexix, Tundle, Brath, Ret talus, Dema, Little Meda, Oldin, NN, Sunder, Maldaria, Krusk, Saturos, Selundar, Mugg, Glurblug, Natazga, Grognack, Warden, Iellien, Hogar, Moyra, Sam.
    Tier B: Shiva, Vlox, Mad sirian, Bolvi, Abua, Malenatar, Torgan, Melundak
    Tier C: Eldritch, Sera,
    Tier D: Scraven, Marek

Original rules
    Tier S: Tacullu, Dema, Rallul, Krusk, Tundle, Brath, Ret talus, NN, Warden
    Tier A: Jexix, Little Meda, Oldin, Grognack, Hogar.
    Tier B: Eldritch, Inmortal ellien, Ellien, Shiva, Frick, Sneeks, Vlox, Sunderver, Maldaria, Saturos, Selundar, Mugg, Natazga, Glurblug, Sam, Moyra.
    Tier C: Melundak, Mad Sirian, Abua, Malenatar, Marek, Torgan, Sera
    Tier F: Bolvi, Scraven

App tier list 08/13/2017
    Tier S: Tundle, Rallul, Dema
    Tier A: Oldin, Krusk, Selundar
    Tier B: Tacullu, Grognack, Sunder, Mugg, Ellien.
    Tier C: Sneeks, Abua, Vlox
    Tier D: Ret talus, Sera.

Current common rules: (original rules but with no rallul units)

Tier SS: Krusk, Rallul
    Tier S: Tundle, Brath, NN, Little meda, Dema.
    Tier A: Tacullu. Jexik, Oldin, The warden, Ret talus,
    Tier B: Moyra, Shiva, Frick, Sneeks, Vlox , Sunderved, Prince ellien, Maldaria, Saturos, Selundar, Mugg, Grognack, Samuel, Inmortal Ellien, Hogar, Endrich, Scraven.
    Tier C: Mad sirian, Abua, Malenatar, Natazga, Torgan, Sera, Melundak, Marek, Glurblub
    Tier D: Bolvi
    Last edited by Waterd; 03-21-2018 at 10:19 AM.

Those that follow these tier list, I will say Nadhir finally convinced me that Oldin deserves the tier A on the app, even above grognack (at least with no rallul units, otherwise i think rune mages and etch are too good in grognack)

Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    Original rules
    Tier S: Tacullu, Dema, Rallul, Krusk, Tundle, Brath, Ret talus, NN, Warden
    Tier A: Jexix, Little Meda, Oldin, Eldritch, Saturos, Grognack, Inmortal ellien, Hogar.
    Tier B: Ellien, Shiva, Frick, Sneeks, Vlox, Sunderver, Maldaria, Selundar, Melundak, Mugg, Natazga, Glurblug, Sam, Moyra.
    Tier C: Mad Sirian, Abua, Malenatar, Marek, Torgan, Sera
    Tier F: Bolvi, Scraven

Tier S: Dema, Rallul, Krusk, Tundle, Ret talus, NN, Grognack, Warden
    Tier A: Tacullu, Jexik, Oldin, Endrich, Immortal Elien, Hogar, Selundar, Moyra, Glurblug.
    Tier B: Elien, Shiva, Frick, Sneeks, Vlox, Saturos, Melundak, Bolvi, Mugg, Natazga, Malenatar, Sam, Brath, Marek, Scraven, Farrah.
    Tier C: Mad Sirian, Abua, Sunderved, Maldaria, Torgan, Sera, Little Meda.

Assuming Rallul units are only played in Merc decks, I think this is a more accurate depiction of the Tiers. With all the cards released, I don't think any summoner is completely unplayable in tournaments. For example, a Hunter Heavy Scraven deck can be very competitive; even a deck like Bolvi, with the right deck build, I wouldn't be overly surprised to hear it won a tournament.
    Last edited by Irisches Glueck; 08-31-2016 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Had Saturos twice

Quote Originally Posted by Irisches Glueck View Post
    Tier S: Dema, Rallul, Krusk, Tundle, Ret talus, NN, Grognack, Warden
    Tier A: Tacullu, Jexix, Oldin, Endrich, Saturos, Immortal ellien, Hogar, Selundar, Moyra, Glurblug.
    Tier B: Elien, Shiva, Frick, Sneeks, Vlox, Saturos, Melundak, Bolvi, Mugg, Natazga, Malenatar, Sam, Brath, Marek, Scraven, Farrah.
    Tier C: Mad Sirian, Abua, Sunderver, Maldaria, Torgan, Sera, Little Meda.

Assuming Rallul units are only played in Merc decks, I think this is a more accurate depiction of the Tiers. With all the cards released, I don't think any summoner is completely unplayable in tournaments. For example, a Hunter Heavy Scraven deck can be very competitive; even a deck like Bolvi, with the right deck build, I wouldn't be overly surprised to hear it won a tournament.
    In my experience iElien, Jexik, and Glurblub are not A tier. Frick, Sam, and Brath should get those spots instead.

Putting Bolvi on anything but your lowest tier is just silly, though. He was the worst summoner in the game prior to the last 8 summoners, and he didn't really get a boost like a lot of the other summoners did. He's at least as weak as Sera.
    Last edited by prometheuslkr; 08-31-2016 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheuslkr View Post
    In my experience iElien, Jexik, and Glurblub are not A tier. Frick, Sam, and Brath should get those spots instead.

Putting Bolvi on anything but your lowest tier is just silly, though. He was the worst summoner in the game prior to the last 8 summoners, and he didn't really get a boost like a lot of the other summoners did. He's at least as weak as Sera.
    I could see a summoner like Jexik and Frick switching places. Honestly there were a couple that I had a hard time with cause they felt like they were just between 2 tiers.

Bolvi though, I am probably a little to generous with. That said, I stand by it. Bolvi, like Maldaria, can be very successful but their biggest issue is versatility. He is very inflexible, so if you don't run the right deck, he will fall fast. I run Baldar/ Vognar/ G-T with the starters+ 6 A-T, 4 IG, and 3 Arch. The deck is strangely consistent (to the point where it doesn't matter if Vognar is the first or last) and I would be comfortable going into a tournament with him. The issue is I don't think his other builds I have seen a lot of people play are not as streamline and not a lot of people play decks like this one; they'll play Tordok, Rune Smiths, and other 'formation' based units which leads to clogging in the field. And I wont really fault him for other not playing the right deckbuilds/being experimental. He is a hard deck to figure out cause a lot of things look good in theory but fail in reality.

In making the list I ranked them based on the assumption that they were being played by players who know their ins-and-out and can play them to their best. So with Bolvi, I think with the right player, with the right deck, he is a solid middle tier summoner. Just like how I know Nikuya Ni is a top guy despite the fact the fact I am completely garbage with him haha
    Last edited by Irisches Glueck; 08-31-2016 at 09:38 AM.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

At the risk of starting an endless debate, I think it looks something like this:

Normal rules

Tier S: Dema, Rallul, Krusk, Tundle, Ret-Talus, Nikuya Na, Grognack, Warden, Tacullu
    Tier A: Oldin, Immortal Elien, Hogar, Malenatar, Moyra, Little Meda, Mugglug, Frick, Prince Elien.
    Tier B: Jexik, Shiva, Endrich, Sneeks, Vlox, Saturos, Melundak, Glurblub, Natazga, Selundar, Sam, Brath, Marek, Scraven, Mad Sirian, Sunderved, Queen Maldaria, Torgan, Abua Shi.
    Tier C: Bolvi, Sera, Farrah.

And I think that in the right hands, Vlox, Marek, Shiva, Endrich and the SE Summoners could probably be Tier A. Maybe Scraven, too - I still feel like he's stronger than people think.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

I do think that Natazga is a little better than her deck is getting credit for, but that she is held back by how the opponent plays. I played Natazga again last night and I don't think I've ever felt like I had to react so strongly to what my opponent was doing (I did manage to pin Nikuya Na with Vine Walls and trap his Rhino, but if things had just gone a little differently that may not have happened).

Scraven needs deckbuilding to handle some of these decks. Deck building in SC Hunters is probably his biggest advantage.

@Waterd and KC: how would you rank the top 6 or so base decks in terms of simple power? I'm setting up a tournament where deckbuilding isn't allowed and where there are some inexperienced/new players so I want to provide a top 10 for guidance for whom they should pick to play as. Therefore, I rule out complex, powerful decks like Demagogue, Warden, etc.

Here's my attempt:
    1. Oldin
    2. Grognack
    3. Elien
    4. Sam
    5. Moyra
    6. Nikuya Na

Close: Saturos, Frick, Immortal Elien, Mugglug, Krusk, Natazga

Also, as a second question, and if you're willing to answer this one, too, how would you rank the top couple tiers in terms of base decks? The more experienced participants have a good have a good faith agreement to not select one of the best base decks, in order to make things more fair for the lesser experienced participants.
    Last edited by commandercool; 09-08-2016 at 01:48 PM.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by commandercool View Post
    @Waterd and KC: how would you rank base decks in terms of power for relatively inexperienced players (i.e. this is some combination of power and simplicity; so even though Dema is really good, he'd probably be near the bottom of this list)? I'm setting up a tournament where deckbuilding isn't allowed, summoners are drafted from a finite pool (i.e. no summoner can be drafted more than once), and want to provide a tier list to help people with comparatively less experience draft summoners.

Here's my attempt

Oldin, Elien, Grognack, Sam
    Nikuya Na, Moyra, Mugglug
    Natazga, Saturos, Abua Shi, Hogar, Little Meda, Krusk
    Malenatar
    Selundar
    Sunderved
    iElien, Scraven, Frick, Tacullu
    Glurblub, Tundle, Melundak, Sneeks, Brath
    Demagogue, Warden, Rallul, Marek, Ret-Talus, Mad Sirian, Shiva, Maldaria, Bolvi, Torgan, Endrich, Sera, Farrah, Vlox, Jexik,
    It doesn't look terribly different for me.

Tier S: Rallul, Krusk, Tundle, Nikuya Na, Grognack, Warden, Tacullu, Oldin.
    Tier A: Immortal Elien, Malenatar, Moyra, Little Meda, Mugglug, Frick, Prince Elien, Dema, Saturos.
    Tier B: Jexik, Shiva, Endrich, Sneeks, Vlox, Melundak, Glurblub, Natazga, Selundar, Sam, Brath, Marek, Scraven, Mad Sirian, Sunderved, Queen Maldaria, Abua Shi, Hogar, Ret-Talus.
    Tier C: Bolvi, Sera, Farrah, Torgan.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Im going to say that the tier list i have would not apply to a group of beginners, beginners tend to have problems with different decks and underappreciate certain decks. For example beginners will do terrible with DEMA and Selundar or Saturos are going to be hell for beginners. I would say Saturos is maybe even better than NN between beginners, because beginners wonŽt play their whole game bout setting up ridiculous double spirit plays. Beginners also tend to underplay rallul.
    Hope you get my point by now.

With that said, Top 10 base decks imo. (so you can discard those you feel too complex)

1.Rallul
    2.NN
    3.Tundle
    4.Oldin
    5.Warden
    6.Krusk
    7.Inmortal Ellien
    8.Saturos
    9. Moyra
    10.Ellien

I wouldnt be surprised if Little meda makes it up there but only played 2 games so far with her, but so far she looks very strong even on her base deck form.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast