Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Virtual tournament- Offensive vs Defense, Original rules

I agree, because these summoners are not good at pushign or being offensive, they are just good at assasination, and assasination counterplay is pretty dull, just hide your summoner.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    I agree, because these summoners are not good at pushign or being offensive, they are just good at assasination, and assasination counterplay is pretty dull, just hide your summoner.
    That's why Uriel exists.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Uriel needs to be on the opposite side of the battlefie,d the exact thing you canīt do, and why the whole defensive vs offensive problem starts.

Uriel needs to be on the opposite side of the battlefie,d the exact thing you canīt do, and why the whole defensive vs offensive problem starts.
    So let's throw all our summoner wars cards away and go play MTG. Because clearly after a couple of weeks these new decks have been proven to be a useless waste of time.
    "Shadow hide thee thief"

Prelate was Retch the Grotesque Mutant in "The Dance of Devils"
    Prelate was Archangel the Furious in "Light's Corruption"

These are the Vassal dice.
    They haunt your footsteps in the Vassal forums.
    They lurk in the shadows of every Vassal board.
    They hang like the sword of Damocles over the construction of every Vassal deck.
    They wait.
    They watch.
    They win.

Even if the new summoners were a waste of time, what you suggest doesnīt logically follow, as the older summoners still are part of the game.

though I will say design wise in my personal taste and opinion, I think the best of Summoner wars was the first 8 2nd summoners, then alliances, then Master set+rallul+filth, then these 8 2nd summoners, and last the first 8 summoners of the game.

Finally MTG is a terrible replacement for SW, they are completly different generes, maybe you should have suggested Nexus ops, Outwitters, battle for wesnoth, memoir 44, Chaos of the old world, or something like that.
    Last edited by Waterd; 08-30-2016 at 08:03 PM.

Even if the new summoners were a waste of time, what you suggest doesnīt logically follow, as the older summoners still are part of the game.
    What does it matter? If this game is beyond redemption and the new decks have done nothing to make it better, why not drop it? Play something else. Although how you are so sure these new decks are so utterly terrible after so short a time is beyond me.
    "Shadow hide thee thief"

They hang like the sword of Damocles over the construction of every Vassal deck.
    They wait.
    They watch.
    They win.

Yes, i agree these decks did not improve summoner wars, however, the variant i play, does, and Ive said with it, SW is my favorite all time game, why would i personally stop playing that?.

I was having tons of fun with SW+Avan variant before these new summoners, I donīt see how these new summoners will ruin the experience.

Yes, i agree these decks did not improve summoner wars, however, the variant i play, does, and Ive said with it, SW is my favorite all time game, why would i personally stop playing that?.

I was having tons of fun with SW+Avan variant before these new summoners, I donīt see how these new summoners will ruin the experience.
    Well, politely, other people think that they DO improve summoner wars. So please try not to be so negative about everything.
    "Shadow hide thee thief"

They wait.
    They watch.
    They win.

Well good for them, I donīt see what it has to do with me and this thread.

these summoners are not good at pushign or being offensive, they are just good at assasination, and assasination counterplay is pretty dull, just hide your summoner.
    I may be wrong but I think you actually loose if you play "just hide your summoner" style vs. Saturos or Natazga.
    I think the best of Summoner wars was the first 8 2nd summoners, then alliances, then Master set+rallul+filth, then these 8 2nd summoners, and last the first 8 summoners of the game.
    Hmm. Frick belongs to first 8 2nd summoners. Don't you think Saturos has a bit similar feel?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast