Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Virtual tournament- Offensive vs Defense, Original rules

Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    The problem is that you can move turt inside the vine walls. I did move turn 2 spaces, if the ruling ist that it can only be moved up once, the rules are completly anti intuitive. It says Turt canīt move more than one space per turn, not that it cant be moved only one space.
    I hear you - but in the FAQ it says that Turt cannot be moved more than one space by anything - whether on your turn or on someone else's That might have made your match-up easier
    "Shadow hide thee thief"

Prelate was Retch the Grotesque Mutant in "The Dance of Devils"
    Prelate was Archangel the Furious in "Light's Corruption"

These are the Vassal dice.
    They haunt your footsteps in the Vassal forums.
    They lurk in the shadows of every Vassal board.
    They hang like the sword of Damocles over the construction of every Vassal deck.
    They wait.
    They watch.
    They win.

Quote Originally Posted by Prelate View Post
    I hear you - but in the FAQ it says that Turt cannot be moved more than one space by anything - whether on your turn or on someone else's That might have made your match-up easier
    Yeah, they didn't want people to be able to move him in any way; either kynder exploiting him or Urick launching him down field. I think Turt could be effective in that matchup as long as he starts next to a wall. It would be a war of attrition trying to pry him away. That said, I completely agree that Prong is very weak in this matchup. Swapping him out for Glurp might be best; just relying on those stats might be enough to swing the battle.

I will say though, I am surprised by the result of the Maldaria vs Saturos match up. Like yes, Maldaria has her tools to counter Saturos (I would say that deck was set up nicely to go against him) but I still would have thought that his Ability basically would prevent her from using hers effectively

Quote Originally Posted by Irisches Glueck View Post
    Yeah, they didn't want people to be able to move him in any way; either kynder exploiting him or Urick launching him down field. I think Turt could be effective in that matchup as long as he starts next to a wall. It would be a war of attrition trying to pry him away. That said, I completely agree that Prong is very weak in this matchup. Swapping him out for Glurp might be best; just relying on those stats might be enough to swing the battle.

I will say though, I am surprised by the result of the Maldaria vs Saturos match up. Like yes, Maldaria has her tools to counter Saturos (I would say that deck was set up nicely to go against him) but I still would have thought that his Ability basically would prevent her from using hers effectively
    I agree with this. And I certainly would have built Uriel into the deck. I mean, he can kill the queen in two turns (though more likely 3 or 4) and if the Queen is going all turtly - that is the perfect time to spring him out.
    "Shadow hide thee thief"

Prelate was Retch the Grotesque Mutant in "The Dance of Devils"
    Prelate was Archangel the Furious in "Light's Corruption"

These are the Vassal dice.
    They haunt your footsteps in the Vassal forums.
    They lurk in the shadows of every Vassal board.
    They hang like the sword of Damocles over the construction of every Vassal deck.
    They wait.
    They watch.
    They win.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

I would think Queen Maldaria would be ultra-scared of Greater Blood Summon + Blood Drake. Like, ultra scared. She'd have to play some pretty superb defense.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

I would be happy to ply that matchup vs anyone willing too in vassal. So let me know.
    With that said, the short answer to that is fire dancer, you put it in a corner with a wall and a fire dancer, what now?
    As I did the first game you can just summon a champion and be at her side the whole time.
    I really donīt think Saturos is a big deal for Maldaria, worst case scenario this is a 5-5 matchup...worse case scenario.

The funny thing is that I think the summoner with most potential of the new summoners and that in fact may join the big league of Tier S summoners is Brath.
    Last edited by Waterd; 08-30-2016 at 02:28 PM.

The funny thing is that I think the summoner with most potential of the new summoners and that in fact may join the big league of Tier S summoners is Brath.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't this Saturos is top tier (I would say he is solid C with a 50-50 record) but I wouldn't say Brath is top tier. That surprises me! So what makes you say that? Idk, off all the new summoners I find Scraven to be the best but that could just be my playstyle.
    From my experience, Brath either blows opponents out of the water or is crush by them depending in card draw/first couple of turns (similar to Nat.). Maybe I'm not playing her optimally but I just seem to find her inconsistent.

Long story short, she has access to lun. And the rest of the deck seems solid enough to support lun.

I think Scraven TERRIBLE starting setup, will marginalize him to the bottom tiers for eternity. He has the worst early game in the game (and that is saying something in a world of ret talus, Marek, Dema, etc etc.)

Long story short, she has access to lun. And the rest of the deck seems solid enough to support lun.

I think Scraven TERRIBLE starting setup, will marginalize him to the bottom tiers for eternity. He has the worst early game in the game (and that is saying something in a world of ret talus, Marek, Dema, etc etc.)
    Lun definitely helps, but I don't see her getting S tier just cause of him. If that was the case then Endrich would be S tier cause he has access to Sorgwen and Lun.

As for Scraven, I definitely disagree with you in terms of him having the 'worst starting set up.' He starts off sheltered, has 2 hunters, and is one of the few summoners that I don't mind going second with because of send out. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it is epic, but average. I've never felt like I was at a disadvantage like I do with Sera or Marek. Do you think his starting set up is terrible because of key matchups or just an overall feeling?

Endrich has one of the worst set events in the game and one of the worst starting setups. If endrich had anything decent, maybe he would be tier S, as it is itīs playable because of lun., remove Lun from endritch and he is one of the worst 5 summoners in the game easy. Also sorgwen is miles away from lun imo. Lun completly warps the game around in so many ways. Brath having access to 2 good cheap summoenrs to bring commons in front (noa and lun) makes it actually an accessible offensive summoner, the deck is pretty solid and Brath herself is pretty good at 3AV 6 life.

I think Scraven is verall weak, it very few AV, and very few life on front (The only virtual high hp unit is on the back, hard to protect anything with it). and in a terrible position. is the only summoner in the game that has no 2 AV attacks on his starting setup, You can pretty much mindless move forward to him, with low risk of being punished, specially if you manage to kill one of the exposed hunters, removing even an early barrage possibility out of him.
    i think even playing Ellien, I would attack Scraven.
    Last edited by Waterd; 08-30-2016 at 04:18 PM.

Don't know who's top tier or not, but agree that in competitive games, these new uber assassins do seem to encourage uber-defense, which is very unfortunate drawback as summoners/players who want to play even mildly aggressive are going to get smacked around.
    Only send a friendly invite (JYoder77) if you don't play PE, TO, GD, BD, no Rallul units outside of Rallul, and no Etch or Rune Mages (even in Rallul).
    My Custom Faction Creator tool. Contains demo images to show what you can create.
    Why Sunderved cries himself to sleep at night.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast