Thread: Avan matches - Sam vs Torgan

Default Avan matches - Sam vs Torgan

This morning I was with My friend ale and we played for several hours. quite a bit of matches because some of them were very quick.

The first one was Sam vs Torgan Ale was Samn, I was torgan

Sam: Quayla, Leah, Bullock - 6x Brothers, 3x Heavy Knights, 4x Warrior angel, 2x honor guard
    Torgan: Krom, Balgog, Rukar -5x Thwarter, 5x Berzeker, 3x Invader, 1x Smasher.

Sam started and he he come agressive as it always does.
    This game was a stomp ,Thwarters did nothing, sam just ignored them, and The matchup felt impossible. An abolished Glacial shift put torgan in a horrible position A blagog and Rukar came in, but Sam was well protected, and they had ot be happy killing Leah and it was just a matter of time where an army of of brotehrs supported by Bullock put more pressure on torgan than what he can handle.

I was really worried about the match.
    I realized my plan was bad, Thwarter may be unkillable but Sam can just ignore them, and I realize i need to shift my plan.
    I remove al thwarters and i play wtih the following lineup of commons
    5x Berzerker, 3x Shooter, 3x Smasher, 3x Invader

Here i went with a different plan, I send some units on the right side and instead of confronting Sam head ot head, i just runned while shooters pinged sam units and a berzeker was milking Sam wall for magic. Sam was forced to split their forces, and that I think was crucial. Ice armored Zerkers were a lot more effective than thwarters on the smal skirmishes, and eventually the big move was when a Glacial surge/Glacial shift combo pass on, and along iwht a Krom, killed 3 commons. I think if krom triggered 100% of hte time he woudl be good, but itīs too high variance for my taste.
    Leah and sam tried to fight, but the magic advantage for torgan was overwhelming, and a For glory sealed the deal.

1-1

We both decide to keep the deck, and Sam starts again. I try the same tactic and split sam. Sam this time however pushed a little too hard, and I manage to trap him between icewalls. But the cost is slipping a Heavy knight through. And it beome a race, of Sam fighitng a blagog wtihout escape while torgan escapes a Heavy knight which is protected twice by Divince protection.
    i eventually kill it, but on the other side was comming a quayla with angels. It was just a race, Sam was left on 1 an dTorgan...on 0 Sam wins again

Sam Ale 2-1 Waterd Torgan.

I think this matchup is super fine, as long as torgan donīt try to fight head on Sam, he has the tools to win the matchup.
    Im still undecided with krom, when he trigges at the right time he is good but i donīt know if good enough to compensate the times where he fizzles.
    Last edited by Waterd; 08-24-2016 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    This morning I was with My friend ale and we played for several hours. quite a bit of matches because some of them were very quick.

The first one was Sam vs Torgan Ale was Samn, I was torgan

Sam: Quayla, Leah, Bullock - 6x Brothers, 3x Heavy Knights, 4x Warrior angel, 2x honor guard
    Torgan: Krom, Balgog, Rukar -5x Thwarter, 5x Berzeker, 3x Invader, 1x Smasher.

Sam started and he he come agressive as it always does.
    This game was a stomp ,Thwarters did nothing, sam just ignored them, and The matchup felt impossible. An abolished Glacial shift put torgan in a horrible position A blagog and Rukar came in, but Sam was well protected, and they had ot be happy killing Leah and it was just a matter of time where an army of of brotehrs supported by Bullock put more pressure on torgan than what he can handle.

I was really worried about the match.
    I realized my plan was bad, Thwarter may be unkillable but Sam can just ignore them, and I realize i need to shift my plan.
    I remove al thwarters and i play wtih the following lineup of commons
    5x Berzerker, 3x Shooter, 3x Smasher, 3x Invader

Here i went with a different plan, I send some units on the right side and instead of confronting Sam head ot head, i just runned while shooters pinged sam units and a berzeker was milking Sam wall for magic. Sam was forced to split their forces, and that I think was crucial. Ice armored Zerkers were a lot more effective than thwarters on the smal skirmishes, and eventually the big move was when a Glacial surge/Glacial shift combo pass on, and along iwht a Krom, killed 3 commons. I think if krom triggered 100% of hte time he woudl be good, but itīs too high variance for my taste.
    Leah and sam tried to fight, but the magic advantage for torgan was overwhelming, and a For glory sealed the deal.

1-1

We both decide to keep the deck, and Sam starts again. I try the same tactic and split sam. Sam this time however pushed a little too hard, and I manage to trap him between icewalls. But the cost is slipping a Heavy knight through. And it beome a race, of Sam fighitng a blagog wtihout escape while torgan escapes a Heavy knight which is protected twice by Divince protection.
    i eventually kill it, but on the other side was comming a quayla with angels. It was just a race, Sam was left on 1 an dTorgan...on 0 Sam wins again

Sam Ale 2-1 Waterd Torgan.

I think this matchup is super fine, as long as torgan donīt try to fight head on Sam, he has the tools to win the matchup.
    Im still undecided with krom, when he trigges at the right time he is good but i donīt know if good enough to compensate the times where he fizzles.
    Nice report!,,,