Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Stout, comprehensive list

Quote Originally Posted by prometheuslkr View Post
    Yes. It doesn't make sense to me but kc's ruling has been that Heavy Knights can move onto Vine Walls and move off of them without rolling.

Going off of what killercactus has said in the past (during a ruling about Fury of the Fen), the way to understand this is, instead of actually going off what the rulebook says: "Units can move onto Vine Walls", you should treat it as if it said "A space containing a Vine Wall is not considered to be occupied unless that space contains a Unit". In this wording, the ability doesn't affect the Units, it affects the space.
    The only thing I find weird about this is that stout says card effects your opponent controls. Does anyone really "control" the effect of a vine wall? If you did control it then you would allow your own units to move off of it without rolling, but that isn't the case. So maybe the HK should roll to move off of it.
    Last edited by KBurg7; 11-12-2016 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KBurg7 View Post
    The only thing I find weird about this is that stout says card effects your opponent controls. Does anyone really "control" the effect of a vine wall? If you did control it then you would allow your own units to move off of it without rolling, but that isn't the case. So maybe the HK should roll to move off of it.
    "Card effects your opponents controls" = "effects of cards your opponent controls". PLAGUE and FEED THE EATER are two other examples of card effects that affect both friendly and enemy units, but STOUT still prevents both.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

SO controls the vine walls, so STOUT prevents the effects.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by prometheuslkr View Post
    "Card effects your opponents controls" = "effects of cards your opponent controls". PLAGUE and FEED THE EATER are two other examples of card effects that affect both friendly and enemy units, but STOUT still prevents both.
    The eater cannot destroy the Heavy Knight but reading his ability, he also does not get discarded? The trigger is just asking for a common unit adjaent to the eater?

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

That's correct. The Eater tries really hard to eat the Knight, but he just can't.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Bumping this list.

According to the ruling that HK has no ability until summoned, can I assume that Illusory Warrior can be used with HK?

Yes but not for reason you think. Reason is you possess the HK card at that point and IW isn’t an enemy card effect

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456