Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stout, comprehensive list

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker View Post
    öhmm careful here I think otherwise HK is also immun to steal (if it's the only card, Mind break?, Seer's ability and so on? Maybe the ability does not work in draw but if you claim the ability is already working in your hand then Steal is true for sure and you couldn't use HK to remove possessed wall ...

Edit: just saw someone already mentioned steal.
    HK doesn't have an ability until it is summoned. Cards' abilities can be active outside of that if they say they can be (eg Father Ben, Elut-bal), but HK doesn't. However, STOUT still ignores CoN. It's tries to affect the HK as its summoned, and STOUT says no.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

What about Krung wild sing?

Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    What about Krung wild sing?
    HK is only affected if he's the target - same as Gror and Violet. If it's not on the list it should be.

Monday or Tuesday I'll go through this with a fine tooth comb

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    3) I don't think HK can attack Lukestor. The wording seems to protect Lukestor rather than doing anything to the HK. It's similar to something like TOUGH, which affects the guardsmen and not the HK
    Well there's a difference between modifying how many Wounds a Unit receives from the HK's attack (TOUGH) and flat out deciding which cards the HK is allowed to attack (SOAR).

Is the Heavy Knight immune to PROTECTOR/VALIANT DEFENDER? If so, what's the difference between them and SOAR/UNDERCOVER/CAMOUFLAGE? They're all card effects that prevent the HK from attacking cards he'd otherwise be able to attack.

Unrelated, but here's one I hadn't thought of before: MYTH. Can a Heavy Knight move through a Wraith?

HK is only affected if he's the target - same as Gror and Violet. If it's not on the list it should be.

Monday or Tuesday I'll go through this with a fine tooth comb
    Wait, does WILD SWING have a target? I assumed since it said "Before attacking" it was before Krung could declare a target and therefore no single card was the target if the roll succeeded. If that's not the case, then Stout doesn't really protect an HK unless Krung is adjacent to two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheuslkr View Post
    Wait, does WILD SWING have a target? I assumed since it said "Before attacking" it was before Krung could declare a target and therefore no single card was the target if the roll succeeded. If that's not the case, then Stout doesn't really protect an HK unless Krung is adjacent to two of them.
    Definitely have to declare who you are attacking before rolling for WILD SWING.

Can't find it, but the ruling basically was "There cannot be a 'before attacking' if an attack was never declared"
    Oh no.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheuslkr View Post
    Well there's a difference between modifying how many Wounds a Unit receives from the HK's attack (TOUGH) and flat out deciding which cards the HK is allowed to attack (SOAR).

Is the Heavy Knight immune to PROTECTOR/VALIANT DEFENDER? If so, what's the difference between them and SOAR/UNDERCOVER/CAMOUFLAGE? They're all card effects that prevent the HK from attacking cards he'd otherwise be able to attack.

Unrelated, but here's one I hadn't thought of before: MYTH. Can a Heavy Knight move through a Wraith?
    GK and Valentina say "when that unit (HK) attacks, it cant..." SOAR and undercover say "this unit (itself) may not be attacked..." the first 2 take the HK and do something to it. The last two don't touch the HK - they just protect themselves. It's subtle, but it's different. All hinges on whether the ability actually does something directly to the HK.

So how does it interact with vine wall?

Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    So how does it interact with vine wall?
    HK ignores them
    Last edited by killercactus; 08-20-2016 at 08:56 PM.

GK and Valentina say "when that unit (HK) attacks, it cant..." SOAR and undercover say "this unit (itself) may not be attacked..." the first 2 take the HK and do something to it. The last two don't touch the HK - they just protect themselves. It's subtle, but it's different. All hinges on whether the ability actually does something directly to the HK.
    Not how I would have interpreted it. Every passive statement can be turned into an active statement without changing meaning. "This Unit may not be attacked" has the same meaning as "Units may not attack this Unit" from a grammatical perspective, and it's only phrased one way or another to make it sound better. But whatever. I really dislike Lukestor and was hoping he wouldn't be an easy counter to Samuel, but I guess it is what it is.

More relevantly, you didn't answer my question about MYTH. I would assume Heavy Knights can still move through Wraiths because they can still move through Vine Walls, but you might want to clarify.
    Last edited by prometheuslkr; 08-21-2016 at 11:00 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast