Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stout, comprehensive list

Here's an interesting one I didn't think about: VWs.

Quote Originally Posted by commandercool View Post
    I'll just say that Stout is much more powerful than I originally thought (prior to starting to put this list together). Potentially very good.
    Absolutely. I've only gotten the chance to try out HK's once (Samuel Farthen vs. Saturos) but so far I like them a lot. The Heavy Knights stay close to Sam and use their efficient stats (basically Khan Queso's) to go through the enemy army without worrying about being yanked out of SHIELD OF LIGHT or burned. If you go heavy on Heavy Knights there's only 1 hard-counter to SHIELD OF LIGHT and that's PRECISE.
    Last edited by prometheuslkr; 08-20-2016 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheuslkr View Post
    Does a Unit "gain" its ability when it is summoned? I'd say it has its ability the whole time, since cards like Father Benjamin and Amoeba Mutant can use their abilities even when not on the battlefield.
    Stout doesn't block itself from getting Magic Drained, does it? LMAO :^D

Even if you don't agree that it has STOUT even when in your hand, why would the order of effects be this:
    -HK is summoned
    -Chant of Negation begins to affect HK
    -HK tries to "gain" its own ability

Rather than this?
    -HK is summoned and immediately has its ability
    -Chant of Negation tries to affect HK
    I don't know. This seems like an important foundational definition of the game that hadn't needed to be addressed until now. I guess I'm influenced somewhat by gameplay considerations and the analogy of many other games where lots of reciprocally cancelling effects each have the opportunity to work based upon timing.

I think it's more than clear that units have their ability even in your hand. Otherwise, the gradual cost-increase of SG Hunters would never matter or happen because it's ability would have never existed before summoning them.
    Oh no.

Good point. Also supported by the fact that board-wide abilities feel the need to qualify, "As long as x is on the battlefield."

So, are we saying that HK is immune to Steal?

Quote Originally Posted by gojaejin View Post
    Good point. Also supported by the fact that board-wide abilities feel the need to qualify, "As long as x is on the battlefield."

So, are we saying that HK is immune to Steal?
    Hmmm, you drive a good point. Obviously it doesn't but explaining why it doesn't seems impossible. I'd say that the steal is not the HK being specifically targeted, but it is just him being chosen as a consequence of steal. I.e., Steal doesn't directly affect HK, it directly affects the player though.

I would consider anything relating to manipulating hands, draw pile, magic, or discard piles as targeting the player.
    Last edited by Harlow; 08-20-2016 at 03:37 AM.
    Oh no.

When this list is complete can we please make it a sticky and PDF file or something so I can print it off and put it in my Alliances box?
    "Shadow hide thee thief"

Prelate was Retch the Grotesque Mutant in "The Dance of Devils"
    Prelate was Archangel the Furious in "Light's Corruption"

These are the Vassal dice.
    They haunt your footsteps in the Vassal forums.
    They lurk in the shadows of every Vassal board.
    They hang like the sword of Damocles over the construction of every Vassal deck.
    They wait.
    They watch.
    They win.

How about Ruthless Tyrant? Is a destroyed HK already Warden's card, and thus Stout inactive, or does it avoid going to prison as it dies?

Does a Unit "gain" its ability when it is summoned? I'd say it has its ability the whole time, since cards like Father Benjamin and Amoeba Mutant can use their abilities even when not on the battlefield.

Even if you don't agree that it has STOUT even when in your hand, why would the order of effects be this:
    -HK is summoned
    -Chant of Negation begins to affect HK
    -HK tries to "gain" its own ability

Rather than this?
    -HK is summoned and immediately has its ability
    -Chant of Negation tries to affect HK
    öhmm careful here I think otherwise HK is also immun to steal (if it's the only card, Mind break?, Seer's ability and so on? Maybe the ability does not work in draw but if you claim the ability is already working in your hand then Steal is true for sure and you couldn't use HK to remove possessed wall ...

Edit: just saw someone already mentioned steal.
    Last edited by jwalker; 08-20-2016 at 07:55 AM.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

1) OK, what about BURNING BLADE, CURSED SLASH, ELECTROCUTE, and POISONED DAGGERS? Are these all blocked? I don't see a difference between them but you might.

2) I'd say she can shoot through him (ARCHING SHOT's not on the list) but the attack doesn't affect him (HAMMER QUAKE is on the list).

3) Had you already thought about the Lukestor/Heavy Knight interaction? If so, go ahead and use the same ruling for UNDERCOVER, since they say the same thing (including the passive wording, both say "may not be attacked").
    1) yes - I'd rule that STOUT blocks these

2) you're correct here - the HK is not affected if he isn't the target. Forgot that part.

3) I don't think HK can attack Lukestor. The wording seems to protect Lukestor rather than doing anything to the HK. It's similar to something like TOUGH, which affects the guardsmen and not the HK
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast