Thread: Offense vs Defense: Waterd vs Usscaptaingordon

Default Offense vs Defense: Waterd vs Usscaptaingordon

Captain is challenge me, and I want to register this, I didnīt ask him but knowing him he would have no problem. For first time i feel threatened, despite he doesnt play much summoner wars, i know him from other games and if he says something is X , then almost always X is true.
    So when he says he wants to challenge me, I think there is a reasonable chance he can win. However he didnīt state I was wrong, he just tell me he want to challenge me, I assume because he likes challenges, more than he actually beliving anything in particular, he is probably more on the undecided camp. (also he loves to prove people wrong)
    Anyway I plan to report the games, i wish there were replays. But Iīm excited about this.

We didnīt arrange the details yet, not where, when or how to play, he just said "Original rules, etch allowed, I will play grognack, you play whatever"

game 1 showed that I'm bad at playing vs lun. Also the starting setup for Tundra Orcs vs Deep dwarves is annoying for rune mage placement. next time i'll play better and continue with my hypothesis that proactive play is stronger if gone about correctly.

I have more doubts, but actually that game encouraged a lot of study for later.

I'm not sure you picked the right summoner for the job. Grognack has some economic tools, but his complete lack of mobility means that a faction with effective range or hit and run tactics can troll him easily. In my experience, when you're on offense you need mobility (or at least the threat of mobility) in order to force inefficient plays by your opponent so you can gain the upper hand. I've found both Frick and Samuel Farthen to be effective here; I'm sure other players will have other suggestions.

Grognack is used because Freeze can stop Lun from wrecking face. Also Rune mage is the true offensive unit of choice and the rest of the deck is pretty lol worthy honestly. Krusk is the best choice for this sort of archetype as Krusk has an amazing summoner ability combined with Silts and Biter.

I will say something though captain, your point is ok, and I donīt mind to test this, but even if you were to prove that Rune mages are the way of agression, that is a result that would help little other debates. Iīm pretty sure most people donīt want to play in a metagame plagued with rune mages, in the same way they donīt want to play in a game plagued with etch.
    I think rune mages help agression, , but overall they still fall short.

Despite rune mages are not op imo, they are probably the most hated unit in the game.

I just imagine if the conclusion of all tihs were "ok, agression is actually good, you just have to pack 6 rune mages in every deck" Iīm pretty sure that is not gonna fly well.

Sad to report that after winning sera vs his grognack and Tundle vs Krusk, captain decided he lacks the skills to beat me no matter what i do.
    He decided to leave Summoner wars once again, he said playing was fun, but he is too much less skilled than me and there is no point in becomming good because there is no competitive community.
    I will try to hook him again some time in the future.