Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Avan matches - The dinky adventures.

Default Avan matches - The dinky adventures.

I wanted to try Dinky in Krusk and Pablo wanted to see more of Malenatar

Malenatar: Quen, Varden, Quayla- 2x Commander, 3x Aspirant, 5x Guard, 2x Brute, 2x Storm mage
    Krusk: Dinky, Bitter, Silts - 4x Shaman, 5x Slayer, 2x Javalineers, 2x Flingers.

Pablo takes Malenatar
    I take Krusk.

This game goes slow for some reason, The problem is that the initial push was completly dismanetled by taunt, move taunts far from guards, make guards look stupid.
    Krusk came with bitter to domiante the field which was meet by Commander By Vard. Bitter exploded. Still shamans and slayer put a big dent of vard and eventually went down

In the meantime Malenatar took some Javjabs.

Vard died after and Quayla decided to start an offensive. And there is where the game ended. Taunt to unprotect malenatar, Mirage, DINKYPUNCH, There were 4 commons on the battlefield, and I Kill his commander, and I kill my shamna, Dinky hits 7 dice for 5 hits, and that is Malenatar game over.

Big laugh of mine and rant of pablo ensued.

Pablo drops Malenatar and want to do dinky punches.

I decided to take my beloved bolvi. I was interested in trying the rule where upgraded units are considered champions because I found it cool concept. But because of Dinky , I want to just try upgraded towers are inmne to events.

So
    Bolvi: Ulfric, Thorkur, G.Tower-3x Defender, 3x Oath sworn, 4x Tower, 1x Architect, 2x Spearman
    Krusk: Dinky, Bitter, Silts - 4x Shaman, 5x Slayer, 2x Javalineers, 2x Flingers.

This is not what I would play in built bolvi though, I would play zome Vognar deck with all golems and towers. But I didnīt thought i would play bolvi today and I was impressed in the past by Thorkur-Ulfric combo, so i just shifted a little the commons, and gave it a go.

It was an interesting match, specially for avan rules, because it was kind of slow, The tower with Mortar was gaining magic from Krusk wall while a Javalineer was poking bolvi wall.
    As a bolvi i was happy with the trade, but eventually had to summon stuff because I would quickly run out of cards in the discard pile.
    This lead to some common combat on my right side between javaliners and shamans vs Defenders and oatsworns. Eventually a Thorkur joined in, A bitter jumped forward with shaman support.
    Thorkur built the combo. And all was fine and dandy on the world.
    Then the worst MIRAGE DINKY. A dinky came hitting for 6 and Killing a 3life thorkur protected by ulfric. I tried to counter it but didnīt have defenders available. i tried to attack dinky with the tower and inflicted one damage, and dinky came for the tower. , instant killing it, and Krusk joined the fight, what followed was Bolvi trying to stop dinky and he left dinky on one. Dinky + Krusk wth standsorm did one shot binky throwign 8 dice + sandstorm.

Dinkyfatality.

Ok at this point i'm having fun at the absurdity of dinky but realizing I underestimated dinky, he is more insane that my predictions called for. I expect him to hit an average of 4/5 dice which is stupid, but thakns to taunt, is very easy to make him a 6/7 dice power house

We talk about it and Pablo wants to try Sneeks vs Krusk, since sneeks have a lot of commmons on board, I predict that Krusk will not care.

Sneeks: Mook, Blarf, Smeedge - 3x Lurker, 4x Slinger, 2x Clinger, 3x Fighter.

Sneeks start pretty agressive, but i just uses the tanky starting setup to hold it off and build magic.
    This was a standard krusk game, wtih krusk using sand storm to make sneeks life impossible.
    The game wasnīt really short, but at one point there is a 5 life sneeks, and they never learn.... Taunt, Mirage Dinky, this time only for 4 but with the help of sandstorm and a shaman, Sneeks die.

Dinky wins again 3-0

Thoughts:
    Forget about Lun, souleater or Jujugara, i declare Dinky the most op champ in the game as of right now, he is just DUMB. At his worst he hits 4. 6 magic for 4/6 is pretty crappy i know. But thanks to taunt, and the fact dinky can be the last ATTACKER, hitting 6/7 is standard. Itīs just insane. And there is no safe space, mirage, sand storm, taunt, Silts all make all areas of the map reachable.

I donīt know if Krusk is the best summoner in the game because other summoners out there are op with Lundle, Retlock, Demagas, Juju na, Soulwarden, Hakullu, Tortugg and Rallshome. All probably are at the same level. And With krusk that is 9 summoners that are imo going to be clearly above the rest. What I donīt like though is that they are about THIS ONE THING that makes them too good. But if someone comes tomorrow and thinks Krusk is the best summoner in the game now thanks to Dinky I wonīt really argue against it.

We decide to stop the dinky adventures and get involved in the meat of the day. Ellien vs Saturos.
    Last edited by Waterd; 08-18-2016 at 12:10 PM.

I'm not too surprised. When we first saw him i was really thinking even 4/6 for 6 is very good but he will easily be 5+ av if you kill stuff first. With sandstorm + taunt this is easy and wraith combos soo good.
    Oh and Abua - do not use that chant of negation to kill off that javelineer with your ranged champ, dinky is just waiting for you!
    Last edited by jwalker; 08-18-2016 at 05:19 PM.

This is hardly a surprise. I don't know how that one made it through playtesting. I remember seeing him and instantly thinking: why did they do that? If we're doing an errata pack (please), he should be there with the other ones you've listed.
    Olivier
    (olivier2703)

Was he tested in krusk?

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by lcanela View Post
    Was he tested in krusk?
    Yes he was
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

So this scenario ever happened? Or maybe there is a way to counter it?

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

You mean Taunt + Mirage + Dinky? I'm sure it did, but the numbers weren't coming back that it was crazy to beat.

If you're going to let your Summoner get hit by Mirage + Dinky then yeah - you're going to lose. You're probably going to lose even worse to Greater Sneak + Dinky. People are going to need to have a DinkyPlan.**

**DinkyPlan is a trademark phrase of KC, Inc.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    You mean Taunt + Mirage + Dinky? I'm sure it did, but the numbers weren't coming back that it was crazy to beat.

If you're going to let your Summoner get hit by Mirage + Dinky then yeah - you're going to lose. You're probably going to lose even worse to Greater Sneak + Dinky. People are going to need to have a DinkyPlan.**

**DinkyPlan is a trademark phrase of KC, Inc.
    It's not just a matter of your Summoner getting hit. If you let a champ get hit, that champ is dead and you've probably lost the game. You saw that in the Bolvi match--Dinky comes out, one-shots Thorkur, and then proceeds to walk around the battlefield one-shotting whatever else he sees.

Since you can't crowd Krusk's walls, and you can't never summon champions vs. Krusk, there really is no "DinkyPlan" against him.

Also, and this was something I was aware of before Dinky:

If you're going to design units with massively unbalanced statlines, the opponent needs a way to get them off the battlefield. This is why Biter and Turt were OP, Kreep and The Eater were not (and Soul Eater straddled the line imo). Sure, Kreep and the Eater were both still 3M/6/4, an incredible statline, but unlike Biter, the opponent wasn't forced to fight them until dead. If Dinky had a similar clause (e.g. too many commons drives him to distraction, and he leaves), he'd be much more tolerable. Possibly still broken against factions that need to play their summoner forward, but at least the design itself wouldn't be bad.
    Last edited by prometheuslkr; 08-19-2016 at 10:29 AM.

This is not a situation of jujugara that needs setups or something like that.
    I think itīs pretty clear that a 5AV 6 life for 6 would be considered probably among the best champs of the games if not already the best champ in the game. Glurp I know some SO players consider him among the best champions of SO. Grungor is considered a decent champ despite his ability is usless and is a 6 cost 4av/6
    Rukar a very good champion cost 1 more and only hits an EV of 4.5 Dice. Dinky at one less cost (6) and 5 dice should be considered just broken. But well there is more, he will often throw 6, 7 or even 8!.
    I think the math is quite simple.

I can see how he is ok in scraven base deck.
    But for krusk killing commons and keeping a low count is extremly easy. And having Mirage for surprise bonus is just insane.

Personally I think Dinky should cost around 8, to be balanced. But he would still be usable at 9.
    Last edited by Waterd; 08-19-2016 at 10:25 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast