Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: New Second Summoners Battle report!

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Just played Scraven (me) vs Glurblub (my friend) and have a question about this match up. It seemed like he had no chance at all. Both base decks but I subbed Tark in for Dinky to keep things a bit more interesting. I have a lot more experience with the game but it still seems to be one of those match ups where glurblub has very little chance to win. Has anyone else found this?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Gwangju, South Korea
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Glurblub should always be playing 8 zero-costers, and probably subbing out all the Boarboons for Savagers. Not to mention Rune Mages ( I think he should be allowed.)

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gojaejin View Post
    Glurblub should always be playing 8 zero-costers, and probably subbing out all the Boarboons for Savagers. Not to mention Rune Mages ( I think he should be allowed.)
    Do you mean in general or just in this match up? I've never found glurblub to be that bad before.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gojaejin View Post
    Glurblub should always be playing 8 zero-costers, and probably subbing out all the Boarboons for Savagers. Not to mention Rune Mages ( I think he should be allowed.)
    I'll try it, but respectfully, pre-Zealot, I'd always found the most success swapping all the Boarboons for Stone Golems. I agree he should have lots of 0-costers. And then probably Seer and Rune Mages thrown in. Not sure how Zealots change the equation, yet, but obviously you want some for Prong and Swamp Dominion.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    520

    Default

    One of the things I love about Saturos is that I find the best counter to him to try to prevent him from getting to the opponents side of the board. So far he's been pretty vulnerable when I can succeed at it. And then in doing so, it's a huge mid field face off that I often enjoy.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    454

    Default

    What is the general consensus of the match up Saturos vs Tundle? I played that match yesterday as Tundle and it felt like I didn't really have a chance. It feels like Saturos completely changes the way you have to play as Tundle. Not necessarily that you can't turtle, because I don't really do that, but you basically are forced to push to the middle of the board which means never getting to meditate.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KBurg7 View Post
    What is the general consensus of the match up Saturos vs Tundle? I played that match yesterday as Tundle and it felt like I didn't really have a chance. It feels like Saturos completely changes the way you have to play as Tundle. Not necessarily that you can't turtle, because I don't really do that, but you basically are forced to push to the middle of the board which means never getting to meditate.
    Surely this is good for the game? It may force Tundle to rely on under-used, but beefier units like battle-mages and the Troll - not to mention Sprog to try and block/trap Saturos
    I've not played this match-up much, if at all, but I imagine that going for a tougher champ route, while leveraging Magic Stasis, Magic Torrent, Summoning Surge and abilties like Kynder's Mage Push to get hits on Saturos is the best way to go.
    "Shadow hide thee thief"

    Prelate was Retch the Grotesque Mutant in "The Dance of Devils"
    Prelate was Archangel the Furious in "Light's Corruption"

    These are the Vassal dice.
    They haunt your footsteps in the Vassal forums.
    They lurk in the shadows of every Vassal board.
    They hang like the sword of Damocles over the construction of every Vassal deck.
    They wait.
    They watch.
    They win.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,429

    Default

    Newsflash, Tundle never really meditates. Meditate is a threat that is never played. Im pretty sure tundle has advantage vs saturos. For sure if it has acess to stone golems. But even without them....

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Gwangju, South Korea
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Late replies Re: Glurblub, who's becoming my favorite lately, especially live:

    Quote Originally Posted by KBurg7 View Post
    Do you mean {8 zero costers and Savagers} in general or just in this {Scraven} match up? I've never found glurblub to be that bad before.
    In general. Spore Carriers is an extremely strong event, you want to have it reliably and flexibly, which the zeroes give you, and they also pay for a savager or two as extra mini-champs.

    I still can't comprehend passing up a clearly outstanding ability in Fear, *plus* a third die that doesn't go away, for a single magic.

    Quote Originally Posted by commandercool View Post
    I'll try it, but respectfully, pre-Zealot, I'd always found the most success swapping all the Boarboons for Stone Golems. I agree he should have lots of 0-costers. And then probably Seer and Rune Mages thrown in. Not sure how Zealots change the equation, yet, but obviously you want some for Prong and Swamp Dominion.
    I can see some SGs *with* some Savagers, if you have normally-priced champs. With 3-cost Seer, though, I'd definitely stick with Savagers.

    Zealots will be nice for Vine Bind trickery, but really more often against exposed Summoners. In general, I think I still prefer actually using the attack of a Swamp Beast, which also sucks up opponents' attacks, and building more vines with the far more magic-efficient Spore Carriers.

    You should try playing with Bodgan. Not best by the numbers, but he helps stop Turt counterplay, plus dropping units on vines and Bind/Dominion combos are fun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •