Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Extra Cards?

Default Extra Cards?

I just got my pre-ordered Second Summoners, and in addition to the promo cards, I got a few extra replacement cards I wasn't expecting. A couple Forced Conversions, a Swamp Merc Vine Wall Rules Card, and a few others. Anyone know what those were for? What was wrong with the ones we already had?

Quote Originally Posted by McBehrer View Post
    I just got my pre-ordered Second Summoners, and in addition to the promo cards, I got a few extra replacement cards I wasn't expecting. A couple Forced Conversions, a Swamp Merc Vine Wall Rules Card, and a few others. Anyone know what those were for? What was wrong with the ones we already had?
    The Forced Conversion original copies had typos - look closely!
    "Shadow hide thee thief"

Prelate was Retch the Grotesque Mutant in "The Dance of Devils"
    Prelate was Archangel the Furious in "Light's Corruption"

These are the Vassal dice.
    They haunt your footsteps in the Vassal forums.
    They lurk in the shadows of every Vassal board.
    They hang like the sword of Damocles over the construction of every Vassal deck.
    They wait.
    They watch.
    They win.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Yeah - I think they replaced the misprinted cards in Alliances. Warden setup card, CG divider, forced conversion for sure.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Forced Conversion changes "Precise" to "PRECISE". I don't see any difference in the other cards.
    Playdek ID: Adam Palma
    Your mom's a cat!

forced conversion has an extra "it"

Huh, when I looked at a friend's copy yesterday, I could have sworn the old Forced Conversion has "Precise" in lowercase, and he agreed. I guess we mutually hallucinated it because looking at my copy now, yea, it's just what Waterd said.

Marek's Far Shot event ability changes "ranged symbol" to "bow symbol."

I don't feel up to reading the new Vine Walls Rule Card and comparing.
    Playdek ID: Adam Palma
    Your mom's a cat!

Vine Wall rules card, Endrich's divider, and at least one or two others had absolutely no changed text at all.

I did see all the other changes later, but I didn't have access to my game when I made the topic.

Vine Wall rules card does have a very minor change (that I noticed) - it says "Vine Walls Rules Card" on one and "Vine Wall Rules Card" on the other.

Many of them were things that I hadn't even noticed initially, but I'm glad to have the correct versions!

I must say, I was pleasantly surprised and impressed by the extra cards. Surprised to get them and impressed that a company cares enough about their product and their customers that they sent reprints of minor errors on cards that have no damaging effect on the game. If just shows that Plaidhat Games wants to produce a high quality product and have excellent customer service. I looked at each one of the cards and found the error on the original. Some of the cards took me awhile to find the error but it was there. Every card that was reprinted was reprinted for a reason even if it was because the original had an extra s in a word. I'd like to praise Plaidhat Games for thinking of their customers and making sure everyone was satisfied with their product. I now have the COMPLETE set of Summoner Wars and it is one of my favorite games. My wife and I play a Legacy Form of the game that I devised where as long as you don't change your deck, your summoner goes up in level with each win.

Did anyone get a cave filth poison rules card? I was hoping that would have been included with the corrected cards sent with the pre-orders.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast