Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Competitive SW is close to dead?

Default Competitive SW is close to dead?

I see that app tournaments stopped, and there are no vassal tournament going on. SW competitive scene was never big but at least there was always 1 or 2 tournaments going on. But it seems it all stopped. I thought with alliances and knowing 2nd summoners are comming the hype would be higher, but i guess people got tired of sw?
    This is very sad to me because SW is my favorite game and I thought that at least always could count with having at least a small competitive community, but somehow i felt it died too fast.
    I hear there wont be even live tournaments at gencon.

I'm registered for both tournaments at gencon. Last year I played all 6.

oh so there will be tournaments at gencon, i heard that wasnt going to be the case, thanks for the report. Will there be new 2nd summoners to play?

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Second summoners will be there to play by my understanding.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last time at Gen Con though.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last time at Gen Con though.
    Can you elaborate?

I've gotten into Ashes recently just because a small tournament was organized in my place (Singapore).

Link: http://www.teamboardgame.com/blog/re...t-x-singapore/

It was all made possible thanks to the organzied play kit. If something similar was done with SW at the occasion of the relase of the last two summoners, the organzier already said that he would be happy to host tournaments. It would be great to have erratad cards as prizes...
    Olivier
    (olivier2703)

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier View Post
    I've gotten into Ashes recently just because a small tournament was organized in my place (Singapore).

Link: http://www.teamboardgame.com/blog/re...t-x-singapore/

It was all made possible thanks to the organzied play kit. If something similar was done with SW at the occasion of the relase of the last two summoners, the organzier already said that he would be happy to host tournaments. It would be great to have erratad cards as prizes...
    So nice you managed to get Ashes tourney in SG. Its pretty much dead here in Malaysia.
    Winter is Coming...

I am still hoping after all cards are released and some errata is made that the game will continue... I just dont feel like playing until I know what is happening.

I would like to Wake up one day and find the news that tournament rules are ready (including magic walls) and errata cards are being printed and SW wars is again the best game in the world...

Well - even if it doesn't get rebooted, I will be using commandercool's new cards for old summoners (check out his new Oldin cards!) keep up the good work Commander!
    "Shadow hide thee thief"

Prelate was Retch the Grotesque Mutant in "The Dance of Devils"
    Prelate was Archangel the Furious in "Light's Corruption"

These are the Vassal dice.
    They haunt your footsteps in the Vassal forums.
    They lurk in the shadows of every Vassal board.
    They hang like the sword of Damocles over the construction of every Vassal deck.
    They wait.
    They watch.
    They win.

what I expect is at some point if there wil be any kind of errata or not, so I can decide what to do.... either comander cards, PHG cards, selling the game... whatever it is...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast