Thread: Resolving the crisis card rules.

Default Resolving the crisis card rules.

Hi everyone,

I just got the game and I think I understand most of the mechanic but there is one thing that isn't explained to a point that I understand and I haven't found my answer on Youtube or here.
    Here's my question:
    When contributing to the crisis event, all players are aware of the requirements to avoid a failure right? The card is visible, it's there for all to read. On the colony turn, the crisis contribution cards are revealed one by one etc etc. You figure out if you have enough of the resource after subtracting the non matching cards and all, ok, I'm still following. What I don't get is why would someone put the wrong card in and risk failing the crisis when all the players are working together to win the objective and they all read the crisis card? Keep in mind I'm talking about a game played coop style...not everyone for themselves. Where players consult each other to maximize the efficiency of each character.
    Has the coop variant for this mechanic been overlooked or is there something I'm missing?? No one seem to asked the question yet so I get the feeling its just me who misinterpreted the rule. :P
    Thanks for reading!!

as I understand it, if you are playing a straight coop style, there is no need for blind contribution to the crisis as everyone in the game is fighting for survival. I believe that element is more for the standard game, where their is a danger of a Betrayer in the party. such person could easily sabotage the crisis in order to help crash the game, thus helping them to win (betrayer cards usually start with Moral at 0). and remember, when subtracting a non-matching card, you also subtract a matching card as a penalty (that betrayer get's you good).

I hope I was able to understand your question and clarify as I understand it.

oh, and welcome to the fun world of Dead of Winter and to the community
    ...the rich

Thanks llama!!
    You understood correctly and this is the answer I was looking for. It didnt make any sense to me to ruin the game for everyone by adding a wrong card in there when playing coop, but there are no indication as to how to treat the crisis card event when playing coop in the rulebook.
    Thanks again and have a great one!

remember, in a coop game where their intentionally is no betrayer, you still have to deal with a lack of supplies, so the crisis could easily be triggered because someone simply cannot help (or they are trying to complete their secret objective). gotta be wary about that too.
    ...the rich