Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Summoners (last 8) - Excitement Ranking

Little Meda all day, baby. I'm maining her for a while based on theme alone.
    Did you know? Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Fing80 View Post
    Apparently you love Farrah or you hate her, no one puts her in the middle of the group.
    But I put her at #5!

Quote Originally Posted by jtberman View Post
    It's not that I hate her, but I'm a base deck player and I feel like her theme is specifically tinkering with builds. I'm sure the base deck is fine, but I can always snag a copy of her deck later, whereas the rest I want NOW NOW NOW!
    She is solid in her own right. And yeah, I love deckbuilding; but, personally, I've never been into target deckbuilding. I really like coming up with one strong deck and rolling with it (like with her I play some Blade Masters to go with Band Together; and Ice Golems to go with disguise). Point is, she is fun/strong with base, target deckbuilding, and blind-deckbuilding. I think it is a shame that she is really only thought of as working/fun only for people who target deckbuild.

Quote Originally Posted by Fing80 View Post
    Apparently you love Farrah or you hate her, no one puts her in the middle of the group.
    Quote Originally Posted by umbrageofsnow View Post
    But I put her at #5!
    And I ranked her at no. 4...
    MY SUMMONER WARS COLLECTION
    First Summoners:
    PE, TO, GD, CG, VG*, FK*, CL*, JE*, SE, SG, DD, BD, MV, SO, FF, Mercs
    Second Summoners: PE, TO, GD, CG, VG, FK, CL, JE, SE, SG, DD, BD, MV, SO, FF, Mercs
    Alliances: FP, TG, CF, VV, SC, JS, DB, SM
    Reinforcements: Khan Queso, Khexhu, Bodgan, Sairook

*=Future gift

Quote Originally Posted by GamerZack87 View Post
    People either love her or they hate her, or they think she's O-K.
    Did you know? Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Irisches Glueck View Post
    She is solid in her own right. And yeah, I love deckbuilding; but, personally, I've never been into target deckbuilding. I really like coming up with one strong deck and rolling with it (like with her I play some Blade Masters to go with Band Together; and Ice Golems to go with disguise). Point is, she is fun/strong with base, target deckbuilding, and blind-deckbuilding. I think it is a shame that she is really only thought of as working/fun only for people who target deckbuild.
    It's a stigma she'll probably always carry just because of the nature of her deck, but the truth is you're right - she's very fun and very playable in all of those formats. I worked hard to try and make it that way.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

I'm most excited for Natazga, because my daughter will be psyched to play her. Shiva too, I think.

For myself, I'm looking at Farrah, Scraven, Malenatar, and Little Meda.
    Light cleaveth unto Light, and Filth to Filth; with pride one contemneth another.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerZack87 View Post
    You're right, I didn't notice that.
    However, I'll have to wait a lot before I can make a real opinion about her value. Even if they are out around the middle of this month (if I get it correctly) I'll have to wait at least a couple of weeks, maybe more to get them. Overseas expeditions to Italy usually take about... forever... to reach destination.
    Last edited by Fing80; 06-03-2016 at 04:11 AM.

Meda all the way! I love how she gets into the fight, can use her ability AND attack the same turn, and her mutations are all phenomenal. She'll probably be my new favorite for a while.
    I'm probably the most interested in seeing Brath and Farrah operate. I sort of get how the others will function, but these two are going to be fun to experiment with

This is a very tentative list of my top 8 and is constantly being changed around because all these decks are so great.

1. Saturos-Just an absolute beast in theme and execution. Blood summon is one of the most awesome abilities in the game. With excellent stats and an ability that encourages him to stay in the fight, Saturos is a "must play" deck. Excellent new commons and champions will make building any shadow elf deck a stressfully fun experience

2. Farrah Oathbreaker- As a huge Cloaks fan I love that her strength lies in deception and information gathering. Overall my favorite thematic deck in the game, but slightly edged out by Saturos in fun factor.

3. Natazga- While I'm not a fan of Mugglug, I love everything about Glurblub and Natazga. Moving vine walls is a great idea, and the combo of erosion and fen is so much fun. I haven't yet figured out the trick to using battle champion which keeps this deck slightly below the top 2.

4. Little Meda- I love the mechanics of this deck. So many awesome new mutants that have a place in both Dema and Warden. "Daddy I'm Scared" is a revolutionary event that is so much fun to use in a variety of different ways. However, the filth theme is not my favorite and so I have to put this deck in the 4 slot.

5. Brath- I can't decide if this deck should be higher or not. As a huge fan of the assassination playstyle, I feel very at home with this deck. I absolutely love the risk/reward involved with building magic from the deck and boosting those golems for crazy 6 attack turns. Drek also adds a great new mechanic that has a variety of different uses on offense and defense. This deck could easily be in the 4 slot but Meda brings too many new ideas to the game that for now Brath must remain in the 5th slot.

6. Malenatar- I just realized that I'm making this list and Mal ended up in my 6th slot! This is an absolutely amazing deck, and im a big fan of the vargath. I need to emphasize again that all of these are very close to one another for me. Discarding is a great new mechanic and a couple revolutionary events (Battle Procurement, Unify) really give this deck some juice. If I had to nit-pick about one thing, it would be that the new commons don't look as "goat like" to me as previous vargath units. I really like how Mal himself turned out though.

7. Scraven- This deck is also a blast to use and has some very fun options. Thematically it is fantastic just like all the others but until I get the opportunity to fully experiment with sand cloak hunters, this deck has to sit at the 7 slot.

8. Shiva- While she sits at the 8 spot for now, I still absolutely love this deck. Shifter's are some of the coolest new units in the game and the puppets have some amazing synergy. However, the one thing for me is the champ pool of the base deck. I like all the champions just fine, but outside of the puppet master, the champs appear to exist just for attack value. Still a great deck just like all the others, but somebody has to bring up the rear and currently it is Shiva for me

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast