Thread: Re-creating your favorite board games?

Default Re-creating your favorite board games?

This is pretty cool!

Apparently, you can now make all kinds of things with something called 3d prototyping.

https://formlabs.com/3d-printers/form-2/

Including *drum roll* your own board games / characters:
    https://pinshape.com/items/20096-3d-...to-more-deluxe

Has anyone tried this? I would love to re-print my own custom Monopoly game (Perhaps using DC comic characters - oh yeah!). I might just have to settle for but I hope to 3d print my own games.
    Last edited by itsmylife; 08-20-2017 at 02:08 PM.

I actually have a 3D-printer at my workplace. It's an imperfect technology but it is really cool. It will be my primary manufacturing device for my own board game. We have already used it for several project ranging from board game inserts for dead of winter and creating a 3 direction drill press for our workshop.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralRolando View Post
    I actually have a 3D-printer at my workplace. It's an imperfect technology but it is really cool. Some even have built in calculus ability. It will be my primary manufacturing device for my own board game. We have already used it for several project ranging from board game inserts for dead of winter and creating a 3 direction drill press for our workshop.
    No way! That's awesome! Love to see some pics GeneralRolando . Yeah I just recently heard about this so SUPER excited to learn more.
    Last edited by itsmylife; 06-13-2017 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by itsmylife View Post
    No way! That's awesome! Love to see some pics GeneralRolando . Yeah I just recently heard about this so SUPER excited to learn more.
    At the moment it's kinda on the frits but I'll upload some pics of what I've made recently. I'm most proud of the dead of winter box. Would like to make some summoner wars themed deck boxes once it's fixed again. Check back in 5-ish hours.

image1.jpg
    DOW box closed. I have a second half designed that will hold all the other bits but haven't been able to print it yet. Printer has been problematic lately.
    image2.jpg
    DOW box open. Little compartments for each token. Plus dice. A little big but it certainly works.
    image3.jpg
    3D printed supports for a 3D game created by my brother.

Edit: Quick Side Note; Just got the printer running again. Hopefully will have the rest of the box printed in the next 15 hours. (That's how long it take to print something that big.) Also sorry about the upside down pics. I have no idea why that happened. They are right side up on my phone and computer...
    Last edited by GeneralRolando; 05-19-2016 at 06:33 PM.

UPDATE! BOX IS DONE! Got the printer fixed and working and now I have a full insert to keep DOW under control.