Hi guys! Playing yesterday first matches, and I have a doubt about the rules and the destruction sequence, and card abilities to receiving wounds in this case...

As It could be read in the rulebook:
When a Phoenixborn or unit has a number of wound tokens equal to or greater than its life value that unit or Phoenixborn is immediately destroyed.

From the FAQs:
There are three steps to the damage and destruction resolution process.

If an effect places wound tokens, the steps are resolved in order starting at step 2.
If an effect destroys a unit or Phoenixborn, the steps are resolved in order starting at step 2b.

Step 1: A unit or Phoenixborn receives damage Step 1b: Effects that trigger on receiving damage happen now.
Step 2: Place wound tokens on the unit or Phoenixborn equal to the damage that they have received, and, if there are now a number of wound tokens on that unit or Phoenixborn equal to or greater than that unit or Phoenixborn’s life value, it is immediately destroyed.
Step 2b: Effects that trigger on a unit’s destruction or a Phoenixborn’s destruction happen now. Step 3: A destroyed Phoenixborn’s controller loses the game. A destroyed unit is discarded.
Step 3b: Effects that trigger on a unit leaving play happen now.

My question is:

In the case of the "living doll" if she receives Fatal damage (3 or more wounds) she is immediately destroyed... but this means according to the FAQs that it is directly into step 2b, without triggering the abilities that "whenever this unit receives damage"? or may I has the chance to use the ability if I had dice to activate the power?

Thanks in advance for your answer.