Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Errata / Changes once all 2nd Summoners are released

Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    Nah, not just Muggs + App Mage (which I don't even really play anymore). I feel like I've been in lots of games where Prong is just surrounded by vines. However, he does have that limitation, and can also only use his ability once per turn I guess. This also holds true of Bauble - so if you can surround these guys, they go down. Baldar I guess can tank even if he's surrounded.

So that begs the question - what if his ability was just once per turn? I'd hate to have him spend magic... that doesn't feel thematic with a shield and its very similar to Thorkur.

@umbrage = I agree 100000% about overcorrecting.
    It must be some kind of magic shield since it can block even the biggest blows. And Prong only has 3 hp for 4 cost. Only right Baldar has some weakness to him.
    Winter is Coming...

KC just for the record. Turt is super powerful with magic walls... They cannot run away.

I think Baldar is less broken than Sorgwen+Breakers. In the games that I've been in Sorgwen+Breakers almost always decides the match if gotten out at any point before the end game. Early-game Bragg+IWs also almost always determines the game unless the other side has some equally ridiculous (Gror+2 HFs or Saella+2Hs to one-shot a champ or Sorgwen/Brakers/etc.).
    Last edited by commandercool; 05-02-2016 at 07:06 PM.

I never had any problem with breakers even with Sorgwen. You can easily pay the extra magic and then dispose them with a 2/1 for 1 unit. Breakers are expensive. Sorgwen also needs common support and can be week in case she can't avoid to join the fighting. Sure she is a force to reckon with, but I do not have such a huge problem with her. (I'd like to see her range reduced to 2 squares, that way it's not so easy to hide her and just use her ability)

Baldar in his current form is just problematic when your dice just don't perform as they should. I'm ok with the once per turn change ... this way it will be much harder to keep him alive but he is still a very good champ.

Bragg get's a bit weaker via freeze change so I do not have a problem with him.

Oh and I'm totally agreeing on changing FoG. 3 wounds is just so devastating. And since it also works on your own walls this event is just too insane. I agree with watred that it can really render attacking pointless (drawing a Wall line using golems and if the opponent brings anything expensive - boom huge fury turn). I think 2 wounds would keep the powerlevel of the event, while not making it sooooo easy to one-event kill 6+ life champs. With 2 wounds on the other hand you can use it much easier in combo with golems (wall transfer -> reform -> channeled summon ->summon golem -> fury).
    Last edited by jwalker; 05-03-2016 at 05:19 AM.

Whne the dice perform as it should it still pretty insane? it needs 5 attacks from 2av units to die...a little too good for a 3 av 4 magic champ.

I think moyra di number should be change from 3 to 2. Also i believe freezes should have proximity (4 space from summoner) .Also turt if it summoned at your backyard even with 1 step his ability makes him op.. He should be nerfed.
    Last edited by Destil; 05-03-2016 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by umbrageofsnow View Post
    Anyway something that bugs me in all these threads: I think there's a real tendency (and not just here, check out any BGG Variants subforum) to overcorrect. Mostly in terms of trying to fix a bunch of units that don't really need fixing. Summoner Wars has so much interaction between cards and sometimes changing one card can improve or nerf others. It's important to test these changes one at a time I think, rather than all as a lump. And I would like it to be a bit more conservative.

But actually the game isn't that far from that ideal.
    Oh my goodness can we become best friends? Hahaha I just don't see this opinion often enough on these forums, or like you said on any board game forums. One of my big problems is that with board games with smaller player bases a lot of people's issues seem localized to small groups of players. For example I know turt is a solid champ and I've never thought otherwise, but I'd call him above average at best. I was shocked when I started reading people thought he was OP, much less be errata'ed. In my player group our play style allowed for quickly dealing with turt early and he was never a real threat. And maldaria gets a lot of hate, but I just watched an excellent vassal game where maldaria beat the warden, and it wasn't some rare luck play that won it, it was a super standard game on both ends. I feel like most people's fixes to their perceived problems (legitimate or not) are often extremely drastic, and might help them and the friends they often okay with, but would hurt the game overall. I'm not against errata in general, I just think most errata suggestions are over the top/just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    Oh my goodness can we become best friends? Hahaha I just don't see this opinion often enough on these forums, or like you said on any board game forums. One of my big problems is that with board games with smaller player bases a lot of people's issues seem localized to small groups of players. For example I know turt is a solid champ and I've never thought otherwise, but I'd call him above average at best. I was shocked when I started reading people thought he was OP, much less be errata'ed. In my player group our play style allowed for quickly dealing with turt early and he was never a real threat. And maldaria gets a lot of hate, but I just watched an excellent vassal game where maldaria beat the warden, and it wasn't some rare luck play that won it, it was a super standard game on both ends. I feel like most people's fixes to their perceived problems (legitimate or not) are often extremely drastic, and might help them and the friends they often okay with, but would hurt the game overall. I'm not against errata in general, I just think most errata suggestions are over the top/just bad.
    Word! I support some changes to the units that NEVER get fielded because they are so bad, or the inverse where they never leave play because they are so good, but I don't like a lot of the changes that people come up with because I feel like they change things too much. I understand the hate for CUEs but fury of godshome has never been something I would have thought needed nerfing. I'm more of favor of any positive changes and as few nerf errata as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralRolando View Post
    Word! I support some changes to the units that NEVER get fielded because they are so bad, or the inverse where they never leave play because they are so good, but I don't like a lot of the changes that people come up with because I feel like they change things too much. I understand the hate for CUEs but fury of godshome has never been something I would have thought needed nerfing. I'm more of favor of any positive changes and as few nerf errata as possible.
    i totally agree!

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

This is why I only changed 10 cards. I took what I thought the top 10 most abusive cards where and did something about them.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast