Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Errata / Changes once all 2nd Summoners are released

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Default Errata / Changes once all 2nd Summoners are released

EDIT: See the new Errata Playtest Thread for some ideas that have been put into motion!

I've contemplated errata I would get behind once all the second Summoners are out. There are a couple cards I'd mess with:

Freeze - reduce to 2 copies, add a Summoner proximity limitation and replace the 3rd copy with an entirely different event.
    [Greater] Burn - maybe add a proximity restriction
    PE Warrior - Increase summon cost to 2
    Magic Drain - replace with a new Event everywhere except Vlox
    Heroic Feat - commons only
    VG Guardian Knight - change stats to 1m/3 for 2
    VG Priest - reduce Summon Cost to 1
    Lun - Gem of Calling only works on friendly DD Units
    Jujugara - Reduce Attack Value to 2
    Nikuya Na - take away range

And that's about it for now

EDIT: Other cards people feel might need work:

Baldar - reduce Life to 3
    Fury of Godshome - I have no idea
    Soul Eater - reduce Life to 6
    Dinky - reduce Attack Value to 7

DOUBLE EDIT: List of cards players want to see changed (votes)

Magic Drain +9
    Freeze +9
    Heroic Feat +8
    Lun +8
    Fury of Godshome +6
    Beseige the Walls +6
    Jujugara +5
    Baldar +5
    Burn / Greater Burn +5 (Destabilize?)
    PE Warrior +4 (Soul Eater if excluding commons)
    Priest +4 (Divine Strength if excluding commons)

---

Rune Mage (other than just not being allowed outside Rallul) +3
    Turt +2
    Into Darkness +2
    Join the Horde +2
    Torgan +2
    Divine Strength +2
    Soul Eater +2
    VG Guardian Knight +1
    Nikuya Na +1
    Stalwart Archer +1
    A Hero Is Born +1
    Summoning Surge +1
    Reinforcements +1
    Mimic +1
    Holy Judgment +1
    SE Ranger +1
    Demagogue +1
    GD Defender +1
    Fire Drake +1
    Chant of Salvation +1
    Tundle +1
    Glacial Shift +1
    Spirit of the Cheetah +1
    Abua Shi +1
    SG Scavenger +1
    FK Reaper +1
    Track +1
    Last edited by killercactus; 07-12-2017 at 08:15 AM.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Some new Event ideas....

Ice Eruption
    Grognack Event x1
    Choose an Ice Wall you control that started this turn on the Battlefield. You may discard that Ice Wall to summon a Tundra Orc Unit from your hand on the space that Ice Wall occupied. Reduce that Unit's Summon Cost by 4.

Rebirth
    Prince Elien Event x2
    This card is not played during your Event Phase. Instead, play this card when Prince Elien is destroyed. Prince Elien is not destroyed, and you may remove all but 3 Wound Markers from his card. When this card is played, search your hand and your Draw Pile for any other Rebirth cards and place them into your Discard Pile.

Greater Stone Melding
    Oldin Event x2
    All Units you control gain the following ability until the beginning of your next turn:
    STONE MELDING (See Oldin)

Mind Blast
    Tacullu Event x2
    Choose an opponent. That opponent must discard either 1 card from their hand or 2 cards from the top of their Magic Pile.

Zombie Horde
    Ret-Talus Event x2
    You may summon Zombie Warriors from your Discard Pile during your Event Phase this turn, and they may be placed adjacent to other Zombie Warriors you control. Subtract 1 from the Summon Cost and add 1 to the Attack Value of all Zombie Warriors you control until the end of this turn.
    Last edited by killercactus; 05-27-2016 at 08:29 AM.

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

This can be a place to discuss what I've proposed, and what else (if anything) NEEDS changed.

I'm not into changing things that people want changed. I'd only want to mess with stuff that causes NPEs or is clearly over or underpowered.

Note that these probably wouldn't be official in any capacity. It would just be a fan project I'd work on
    Last edited by killercactus; 05-02-2016 at 08:51 AM.

Npe? What is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    Npe? What is that?
    Negative Play Experience. Basically when you want to rage quit because a card is unfun. I'd cite Magic Drain and Freeze as NPE cards.

Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    I've contemplated errata I would get behind once all the second Summoners are out. There are a couple cards I'd mess with:

Freeze - reduce to 2 copies, add a Summoner proximity limitation and replace the 3rd copy with an entirely different event.
    [Greater] Burn - maybe add a proximity restriction
    PE Warrior - Increase summon cost to 2
    Magic Drain - replace with a new Event everywhere except Vlox
    Heroic Feat - commons only
    VG Guardian Knight - change stats to 1m/3 for 2
    VG Priest - reduce Summon Cost to 1
    Lun - Gem of Calling only works on friendly DD Units
    Jujugara - Reduce Attack Value to 2
    Nikuya Na - take away range

And that's about it for now

I will update a bit my factions v.1.5 as soon as possible, but for the moment, about the cards you suggested to modify, here are my opinions:

Freeze: it affects a Champion or Common within 4 spaces of Summoner

[Greater] Burn: it affects a Champion or Common within 4 spaces of Summoner. You may draw 1 card.

PE Warrior: Blaze Step requires to put 1 Wound Token on the Wall

PE Magic Drain: I would prefer Consume Magic (or other name) "Choose another player. Transfer up to 2 cards, if able, from the chosen player's Magic Pile to your Discard Pile. You may draw 1 card."

CL Magic Drain: I would prefer Steal Magic (or other name) " Choose another player. Transfer 1 card, if able, from the chosen player’s Magic Pile to your Magic Pile. You may draw 1 card."

FK Magic Drain: I would prefer Exhume Magic (or other name) " Choose another player. Search the chosen player’s Discard Pile for up to 2 cards, and then put them on top of your Magic Pile, rearranged in any order. You may draw 1 card."

BD Magic Drain: I like something like ... Oblivion "Until the end of this turn, in lieu of 'COUNTER SUMMON', Tacullu gains the following Ability:
    ULTIMATE COUNTER SUMMON
    1/turn, at the end of your Attack Phase, you may choose 1 Unit within 3 clear straight line spaces of this card. Pay the chosen Unit's Cost, reduced by up to 2, and put that Unit on top of your Magic Pile."

Heroic Feat: as you said

VG Guardian: no changes here, IMHO

VG Priest: +1 LP (it may replace your suggestion on +1 LP to Guardians)

Lun: maybe something like ... "1/turn, during your Movement Phase, you may spend 1 Magic Card to choose a Deep Dwarf Common within 3 spaces of this card or any other Common within 3 spaces of this card that has a Cost of 2−. Place the chosen Unit adjacent to this card."

Jujugara: as you said

Nikuya Na: as you said

I think baldar andGror heroic feat are higher in that list.
    I would put Magic drain after those, but really with magic walls I donīt mind magic drain at all.
    Some others are Phantom Kreep and anything with fear.
    I never had a problem with freeze :S its such a straightforward dumb card. Burn 2 magic for 1.

I will repost my list of changes by priority i would give in order again but will add things that I find completly anti fun.. I can keep prolonging the list until number 100..

1. Undercover Agent
    2. Upgrades
    3. Vine/Icewalls
    4. Fury of Godshome
    5. Mutations
    6. Jujugara
    7. Lun
    8. Souleater
    9. Binky
    10. Baldar
    11. Heroic feat/Gror
    12 . Anti tough units to Vanguard (maybe korbolden can be remade to be good vs tough units too, maybe he doesnt need to hit to throw the 2 wounds)
    13. Teleport
    14. Reclaim
    15. Anytime timing dumb rule
    16. Destabilize
    17. REturn of the fallen.

After this point I don't care much or it's a common, I try to avoid commons because they are like a lot of cards, not just one

16. Kynder
    17. Thwarters
    18. Zombie warriors
    19. Skeleton archers
    20. Freeze (make it harder to remove even, but it goes away by its own after a while)
    21. Priest
    22. Stelwart archer
    23. Shiny

AFter that I can just name champions tha are too sad that may welcome a buff. I coul list all the crappy commons and champions, but i think most people know which are.
    Last edited by Waterd; 08-11-2016 at 11:11 AM.

I gotta nitpick here, these are not really errata. Errata means that there was a mistake in printing or publishing like 4-health Rahlee. These are just updates, or maybe balance changes.

KC please consider to do something with phantoms. They really frustrate people when whith one die roll it is game over.

I think their ability should be more likely to succeed but less powerful. An example that comes to my mind is that you can only convert common units and the roll required is +5 instead of +6.

By the way thanks for listening to us and doing something to help, it is really really appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by lcanela View Post
    KC please consider to do something with phantoms. They really frustrate people when whith one die roll it is game over.

I think their ability should be more likely to succeed but less powerful. An example that comes to my mind is that you can only convert common units and the roll required is +5 instead of +6.

By the way thanks for listening to us and doing something to help, it is really really appreciated.
    Here's the thing about Phantoms - some people get really frustrated by that ability. However, other people think its completely awesome. I don't think Phantoms will ever be something that everyone can agree is broken. They clearly aren't under or over powered, and feelings on their ability range from "this is awesome!" to "this is the worst thing ever". Some people can stomach variance and find that part of the game fun, and others can't.

Personally, I'm far more concerned with lower variance cards that are just always good. All the Baldar talk in the other thread intrigued me - I never had that much of an issue with him. I'm wondering why no one has mentioned Prong or Bauble, because I find the two of them much, much harder to deal with than Baldar. I mean, you can at least hit Baldar if you roll well. Prong and Bauble are just invincible in the right situation. But, I think Prong and Bauble are balanced and fine. If its really that 4th Life Point that does it for Baldar and not for those two, than so be it, but I find that very hard to believe. I'm guessing it has to do with Baldar having more exposure since he's on the app and the others are newer and aren't.

I also don't really understand the Fury of Godshome issues either, but that's probably due to the way I play Rallul. I just typically don't get a ton of use out of it, but that's because I focus more on offense setting up a combo to kill the summoner instead of focusing on defense and setting up combos to kill opposing champions. I'm guessing maybe if I played that way, I'd hold onto Wall Transferences longer and see how crazy I could make Godshome? I don't know, but I definitely have no idea how to change it without completely re-defining and re-testing Rallul. A small part of me thinks Rallul and his cards should just be banned entirely (and I'm sure Waterd will say the same about Farrah, especially after today).

Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast