Page 3 of 129 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: New summoners pre view

Quote Originally Posted by Cameleons View Post
    I always pictured shadow elves as "good guys", due to their friendly relationships with Vanguards and Vargath. Everything changed when i saw this preview.
    SE always made more sense as bad guys. I don't have access to the playtesters forum any more but the first words of their description was "evil elves." For some reason somebody at PHG decided they should actually be misunderstood nice guys, which is how we got the horribly awkward "Selundar won't steal even for the greater good" angle in the Mugglug bio (which is a real shame because it was a great story otherwise). Further expanded in Selundar's bio, he just wants peace and harmony, he's a sad and sensitive elf. It's just a bad mismatch, his art and theme say he's an arrogant and malevolent schemer.

I think the best story was the flavor text from the back of the Master Set box, a short story in which the narrator and his companions are rescued from a Cave Goblin attack by Selundar, who then demands the party become his servants in exchange for saving their lives. You get the sense that he'll allow you to live but only to serve his own purposes.

So if shadow elves are "bad elves" do we have any faction of "good elves"? I guess that phoenix elves aren't, Maldaria sent Kaebeeros to slaughter Elien's secret family. Elien became immortal due to the pact with Fallen Kingdom.
    Last edited by Cameleons; 03-14-2016 at 11:25 AM.

Man. Imagine how many blood drakes the hydrake could potentially spawn

Quote Originally Posted by Clarissimus View Post
    SE always made more sense as bad guys. I don't have access to the playtesters forum any more but the first words of their description was "evil elves." For some reason somebody at PHG decided they should actually be misunderstood nice guys, which is how we got the horribly awkward "Selundar won't steal even for the greater good" angle in the Mugglug bio (which is a real shame because it was a great story otherwise). Further expanded in Selundar's bio, he just wants peace and harmony, he's a sad and sensitive elf. It's just a bad mismatch, his art and theme say he's an arrogant and malevolent schemer.

I think the best story was the flavor text from the back of the Master Set box, a short story in which the narrator and his companions are rescued from a Cave Goblin attack by Selundar, who then demands the party become his servants in exchange for saving their lives. You get the sense that he'll allow you to live but only to serve his own purposes.
    Well, he may play nice with the Vanguards and Vargath, but his motivations may actually be similar to those of Rallul. For all we know he could plan to establish a benevolent dictatorship with a ruling class of shadow elves. All these bits of lore are usually from the perspective of one person. Selundar seems to be everywhere, seems to know a lot, who knows what he isn't telling his allies?

So if shadow elves are "bad elves" do we have any faction of "good elves"? I guess that phoenix elves aren't, Maldaria sent Kaebeeros to slaughter Elien's secret family. Elien became immortal due to the pact with Fallen Kingdom.
    Nikuya Na seems ok-ish...

Quote Originally Posted by Syurtpiutha View Post
    Nikuya Na seems ok-ish...
    Well he left his tribe knowing that their leader deceived it and murdered his own wife. On the other hand fight between them would weaken jungle elves so mby it was good choice. So i guess i have to agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by BTBAM View Post
    Nah, I think we decided not to test that MU. Sounded boring.
    Sarcasm?

I dont know if playtesting involves every single match up, I guess not, because there are many bad match ups.

BTBAM is offline Loves the cheese. And vlogging! Geek Swagger extraordinaire. Record holder for most User titles.

Quote Originally Posted by lcanela View Post
    Sarcasm?

I dont know if playtesting involves every single match up, I guess not, because there are many bad match ups.

Yea, it was sarcasm.
    A Doug's Guide To Summoner Wars - Fan Podcast

LATEST PODCASTS 01-17-2014
    Episode 16 - Phoenix Elves - Prince Elien Base Deck
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/adougsguide/ADGEp16.mp3
    Episode 17 - Phoenix Elves - Queen Maldaria Base Deck
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/adougsguide/ADGEp17.mp3
    Episode 18 - Phoenix Elves - Reinforcements & Deck Building
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/adougsguide/ADGEp18.mp3
    Subscribe on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...rs/id595149788

Quote Originally Posted by BTBAM View Post
    Yea, it was sarcasm.

Thanks! So friendly.

Well he left his tribe knowing that their leader deceived it and murdered his own wife. On the other hand fight between them would weaken jungle elves so mby it was good choice. So i guess i have to agree with you
    Tough call. But I agree that most of the elves don't seem that upstanding ("seems ok-ish" isn't exactly a shining endorsement ). Same can be said for most of the factions. I doubt even the Vanguards are as 'good' as their reputations.

Page 3 of 129 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast