Page 128 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129 LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1284

Thread: New summoners pre view

The problem I see in Glurblub is that I think Glurblub really likes to defend his swamp, and Stone Golems are just better at that (am I right, wrong? I think the economy is better w/Stone Golems bc you get the magic from units you killed without going through the clunkier, more expensive setup of having Rune Smiths next to the Skull Takers). One of the million things I want to try though is Skull Takers as a bread and butter common in Glurblub and see if I'm right or wrong. I wouldn't want both Stone Golems and Skull Takers in Glurblub though. And I already find Glurblub's common options to be a little crowded bc he can only build 13 units.

I could see Skull Takers being an excellent blocking unit, until I consider that Glurblub can play Augurs, which are superior as a blocker bc cheaper. And Augurs fulfill three important roles in Glurblub: (1) help Glurblub be more aggressive bc you can absorb damage via Augurs; (2) blocker; (3) Spore Carrier fodder. And they're better than the Swamp Rat bc I think they're better at helping Glurblub be more aggressive, and they have 2 life, allowing them to take more damage, and bc they can take more damage, more likely to survive as spore carrier target, and bc they have 0 AV, also more likely to survive as a spore carrier target.

And I think the third common you want Rune Mages: I think Glurblub struggles without them. Maybe you want Skull Takers instead of Stone Golems bc a cheaper cost means you can absorb more wounds on Glurblub via Augurs, but I think you use the Augurs mainly as Spore Carrier units. And if your two other commons are Augurs and Rune Mages, then you kind of need a unit that can kill opponent commons: Skull Taker, you're not going to get any magic sans killing it yourself, which defeats some of their point, or via having the Rune Smith, which is tough, for reasons mentioned, bc Glurblub already has a crowded common list.

And you need 6 Augurs. So that leaves 7 unit slots between Rune Mages, who are going to take at least 3 slots, which leaves 4 slots. I suppose you could split between Stone Golems and Skull Takers. But if you're playing Prong and Turt, that's only a champ cost of 10, and if you're playing Rune Mages, even if you have Zur Lak, that's champ cost of 18, and again with the Rune Mages I think you can afford more expensive commons than the Skull Taker or even the Stone Golem, so you could go with a Unit like the Savager or Boarboon (and bc it is functioning as your damage common, the same role as the Stone Golem, you can split and have 2 of each, bc you're not truly making your deck more splashy in fact since, again, the Savager/Boarboon would serve exactly the same role).

There you go, I don't think you want Skull Takers in Glurblub.

- Turt, Prong/Seer, Zur Lak
    - 3 Rune Mage, 6 Augur, 2 Savager/Boarboon, 2 Stone Golem
    Last edited by commandercool; 12-12-2016 at 07:45 PM.

Interesting ideas, CC. We don't allow Rallul units outside of Rallul, but Farrah's commons could be quite interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nburghardt View Post
    Interesting ideas, CC. We don't allow Rallul units outside of Rallul, but Farrah's commons could be quite interesting.
    Same here. Augurs are amazing in Glurblub -- letting him attack just a little more aggressively changes the game a lot.

His economy is good enough with Spore Carriers and Lash, playing champ-heavy he shouldn't need the kind of long-game economy tricks of Skull Taker/Rune Smith. Around 3x Swamp Beast is essential, to get at least one advanced vine early for double-summon and Spores. The second and third Beasts are often built. Some Zealots are also absolutely crucial, to threaten a potentially game-ending Bind against aggressive summoners.

The champs can vary a lot. I actually do well with Bodgan, who can drop units on vines, push them off to wound them, push them into a Bind, and set up Swamp Dominion. He is overpriced, but this is his best fit across all summoners. For a summoner that has no access to movement tricks, having something to foil a good opponent's perfect positioning seems to help a lot. The others pretty much need to be either Turt (against Melee factions or those that have limited tricks against him) or else ranged vine-walkers, Glarg, Murk or Splack.

Quote Originally Posted by gojaejin View Post
    Same here. Augurs are amazing in Glurblub -- letting him attack just a little more aggressively changes the game a lot.

His economy is good enough with Spore Carriers and Lash, playing champ-heavy he shouldn't need the kind of long-game economy tricks of Skull Taker/Rune Smith. Around 3x Swamp Beast is essential, to get at least one advanced vine early for double-summon and Spores. The second and third Beasts are often built. Some Zealots are also absolutely crucial, to threaten a potentially game-ending Bind against aggressive summoners.

The champs can vary a lot. I actually do well with Bodgan, who can drop units on vines, push them off to wound them, push them into a Bind, and set up Swamp Dominion. He is overpriced, but this is his best fit across all summoners. For a summoner that has no access to movement tricks, having something to foil a good opponent's perfect positioning seems to help a lot. The others pretty much need to be either Turt (against Melee factions or those that have limited tricks against him) or else ranged vine-walkers, Glarg, Murk or Splack.
    Have you tried Invaders and Mingle in his deck? Thanks for all of the ideas. Vine Walls is one of my favorite concepts in SW and Glurblub getting some much needed tricks excites me.

That's interesting. I have thought Invaders would be cool for Spore Carriers tricks. Your other champs would have to be Prong and Turt/Zur Lak. If you go Turt, then you need another way to make more vines. And bc you already have Augurs, too, your third common would have to be Zealots. So then you'd have Augurs, Zealots, and Invaders. That might work ok, but you've got a lot of squish in your commons that can fight--you'd have to play champ and Zealot-Glurblub heavy. And that's a lot of units that can get stuck in your swamp. And no range.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheuslkr View Post
    I finally used it today for the first time in 9 games. It was a Natazga mirror match where my Skull Taker killed his Skull Taker and got 2 cards under it that way.
    Wait...
    Skull Taker can only take Unit which he killed, card under this units are going to your magic pile. (I know, this event isn't more usefull against decks with "collectors")

Quote Originally Posted by owlord View Post
    Wait...
    Skull Taker can only take Unit which he killed, card under this units are going to your magic pile. (I know, this event isn't more usefull against decks with "collectors")
    Ahh my mistake. In that case, there are literally no situations where I see anyone using Battle Champion. That's just not fun regardless of how you feel about her power level.
    Last edited by prometheuslkr; 12-22-2016 at 05:46 PM.
    Ask me about the Summoner Wars VASSAL group chat!

Once my opponent collected 3-4 my gobs under ST, but he had only Etch in his hand xD

Tried Glurblub with only Swamp rats, lurkers and augers. Loved it! Easy, cheap vine walls and the ability to go with expensive champs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nburghardt View Post
    Tried Glurblub with only Swamp rats, lurkers and augers. Loved it! Easy, cheap vine walls and the ability to go with expensive champs.
    I'm working on similar build but with Invaders and 1 Changeling for e.g. mutations.
    Which Champs do you use?

Page 128 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129 LastLast