Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: CoRT XIX: Light's Corruption OOC Thread

Best RP. UE

Most Fun Cuffs. He really liked being a bad guy.
    Mom 3-10-1956 12-16-2008
    Dad 4-22-1961 7-18-2009

Quote Originally Posted by I LIKE TAU! View Post
    Most fun definitely Ad Hoc. RP was going to be you UE, but then you made Sera use a double negative and that killed it. Eh, I'll make it UE anyway. Good story other than that UE.
    I actually was thinking of you when I put the double negative in there!

Also, Colgha, the rules say I am a player classified under "Storyteller" so I think it is legal.
    Uncleeurope was Hulgorad the Sad in RALLUL'S BANQUET
    Uncleeurope was The Seer who Drank too Much Beer in The Great Marsh
    Uncleeurope was Prince Elien the Felon in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    Uncleeurope was Matt E. the Fatty in The Dance of Devils

In other news, CUSTOMS!
    Quote Originally Posted by I LIKE TAU!
    As for what I hate most: ... Uncleeurope.
    Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    Sam Farthen is OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    He just rams in, his games last 5 turns...tops

Oh, and I actually forgot, I can vote too.

Syurtpiutha for best RP really liked the whole "Dark Mistake" thing he ran with for the Honor Guard, really cool concept. That was cool to read about. (Really liked Colgha's take on Jacob, too. Inward conflict is always fun to read. So he gets second.)

Most fun is an Easy Ad Hoc, he was having a blast lying to everyone and bringing everyone together, and it really showed. (And Cuffs gets the honorable mention here, he seriously was having fun as the bad guy, and was encouraging to hear his thoughts on my story)

Thanks to everyone for your nice thoughts on my story, really encouraging to do this again sometime. Hopefully then I can make the good guys lose. *Evil Face*
    Uncleeurope was Hulgorad the Sad in RALLUL'S BANQUET
    Uncleeurope was The Seer who Drank too Much Beer in The Great Marsh
    Uncleeurope was Prince Elien the Felon in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    Uncleeurope was Matt E. the Fatty in The Dance of Devils

In other news, CUSTOMS!
    Quote Originally Posted by I LIKE TAU!
    As for what I hate most: ... Uncleeurope.
    Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    Sam Farthen is OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    He just rams in, his games last 5 turns...tops

Quote Originally Posted by Uncleeurope View Post
    I actually was thinking of you when I put the double negative in there!

Also, Colgha, the rules say I am a player classified under "Storyteller" so I think it is legal.
    You deserve every vote <3

So when's the next game?
    TurtleCross Beta Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Khayzhard View Post
    Colgha, the Fern Magician
    Champion of the Rulebreakers
    Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist
    As long as Colgha is on the Battlefield, Perpetual Events played by you cost 1 additional Magic Card to discard, AND, you can have 2 Perpetual Events in play at a time.
    I am attempting to understand how it could be taken that I would, in any scenario, even THINK about making fun of Colgha. Who happens to be one of my favorite companions.

Wow! It's been a whirlwind of stuff the past week or so IRL. This game was a fun and needed distraction at times. So thank you to everyone who played! I also learned a ton about the game from many of you (this game and last game).

Best RP: Gotta go Prelate here in a tie-breaker between him and UE. I loved the humor in UE's story and could really imagine the dialogue etc. between Farthen and Sera. HAD HE ALLOWED JACOB TO SEAL THE DEAL (!!!) and cut off Farthen's head for treason, then it would have went to UE, but Prelate does so much with so few words, it's really impressive. And, even when he contacted me via PM's he was frequently in character, to the point that I mistook his first clue to me as him being the Visionary instead of the Empath.

Most fun: Assuming it's bad form to vote for yourself (, seriously I can't imagine anyone having more fun or doing more crazy than me in this game!), then it's like a 6-way tie between 1) Colgha, for being my first partner and planning and plotting all throughout together, 2) Prelate for the aforementioned RPing and the trouble he caused in the thread that led to me coming out as the visionary (that was unplanned/improv!), 3) Cuffs for trying to claim visionary to me, and being genuinely fun to work with even while we were gaming each other, 4) Thing 2 for letting me in on his Visioning, all the work he did behind the scenes to mitigate me being the symp, and letting me be an unconventional mouthpiece, AND for being so good at the NW that when he would post I would ask him about it in private to make sure he was still the Visionary, 5) UmbrageofSnow for his take on Sybil and straight up deciding to murder someone regardless of the consequences (thankfully, we were all able to work out a good plan!), and 6) for UE's storytelling which was literally fun(ny). I couldn't wait for the narrative each day/night!

So I'm rolling a die to bring this back to Summoner Wars: And the winner is.... Thing 2!
    Last edited by Ad Hoc; 03-20-2016 at 12:40 PM.
    Ad Hoc was Kalon The Great Uniter in Light's Corruption!

Quote Originally Posted by Thing 2 View Post
    It was probably a tactical mistake to contact Ad Hoc, but boy am I glad I did. This was one of the most fun CoRT games I've played thanks to the Great Uniter.
    Ad Hoc's SW App Player Rankings

Best RP: Prelate. I loved how repentantly judgmental Archangel was. That was fun. One of my favorite interpretations of angels is the one from Hellblazer/Constantine, where angels are literally incapable of understanding why humanity has difficulty abstaining from sinful behavior, as vice is foreign to them. I get the same impression from the angels in the Vanguard (loss of individuality, devoted to destroying evil) and they also kinda creep me out. I had difficulty pionpointing whether you were hostile because of being an angel, or trying to implicate people. That was interesting.

Most Fun: Cuffs. I had you kinda pegged as one of the villains during the first vote, but it was fun to watch you weasel your way through some stuff. Also, voting for yourself could be read as either remorse or
    fatalism. That was interesting.
    Thanks for the praise there, UE. Reading the Honor Guard as those previously shamed fighting to regain their personal honor strikes me as more interesting then a complete goody-twoshoes (Last time I played a paladin in an RPG it was a former mercenary making up for a lot of collateral damage in a mission (pro-tip, arson is not a good assassination tool. Especially in a part of town best described as a "shanty"). I thought the whole afterlife bit might have been a bit too depressing, hence the bit about limericks. I suck at coming up woth those though. :P

As for those who voted for me for most fun, thanks for the vote! I have no problem sacrificing myself, and it fit the character so yeah. I was kinda surprised with how paranoid that made some. "Offering yourself is suspicious! Therefore we should consider voting for you!" Cool, because I was honest in my reasoning. Can't say I'll play it that way next time, though. Fun how that threw so many people off. L)

Best RP - Ad Hoc. In character from the word go, both in game and out, Ad Hoc was the GREAT UNITER of men.
    Most fun - Ad Hoc (although I had incredible fun winding people up on the thread to try and draw the fire and set up the traitors!) His weaving of such a cunning web with us all was an amusing thing to watch - especially when he led Cuffs up the garden path on vassal - allowing me to vigorously accuse Cuffs of conniving with the enemy!
    "Shadow hide thee thief"

Prelate was Retch the Grotesque Mutant in "The Dance of Devils"
    Prelate was Archangel the Furious in "Light's Corruption"

These are the Vassal dice.
    They haunt your footsteps in the Vassal forums.
    They lurk in the shadows of every Vassal board.
    They hang like the sword of Damocles over the construction of every Vassal deck.
    They wait.
    They watch.
    They win.

Best RP:
    I think Colgha's interpretation of Jacob was awesome. I really enjoyed reading his persona on both the inside and the outside.

Most fun:
    It was probably a tactical mistske to contact Ad Hoc, but boy am I glad I did. This was one of the most fun CoRT games I've played thanks to the Great Uniter.

I have taken your advice Colgha/Prelate... as well as honored the brave (foolish?) decision of Thing 2!

May this day, and Light's Corruption, go down forever in Infirmary!
    Last edited by Ad Hoc; 03-21-2016 at 01:10 PM.
    Ad Hoc was Kalon The Great Uniter in Light's Corruption!

Quote Originally Posted by Thing 2 View Post
    It was probably a tactical mistake to contact Ad Hoc, but boy am I glad I did. This was one of the most fun CoRT games I've played thanks to the Great Uniter.
    Ad Hoc's SW App Player Rankings

Great game, guys! (I think all the votes are in, but UE can confirm that). UE, I hope you tell many more stories and I hope all of you guys are ready for another round.

If you guys haven't had your fill I just had a great idea for a new story. It isn't the Vlox/BD thing. No! It's a wedding! The game will take place at a wedding! "Whose wedding?," you ask. I shan't tell you until we play What do you guys think? We don't have to play right away, but I wanted to see if there was interest.
    TurtleCross Beta Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Khayzhard View Post
    Colgha, the Fern Magician
    Champion of the Rulebreakers
    Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist
    As long as Colgha is on the Battlefield, Perpetual Events played by you cost 1 additional Magic Card to discard, AND, you can have 2 Perpetual Events in play at a time.
    I am attempting to understand how it could be taken that I would, in any scenario, even THINK about making fun of Colgha. Who happens to be one of my favorite companions.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast