Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glurbulb Deckbuild

Default Glurbulb Deckbuild

Figured I'd start this thread considering I haven't actually seen many people talk about Glurbulb Deckbuilds. So what are some of those that people have with him? I'm especially interested in his unique ones; I just feel that the Glurbulb a Mage deck is obvious/boring. Anyway, I have 2 right now, starting with the aforementioned Mage deck:

Glurbulb - Magetastic
    Mundol, Etch, Grubs
    Start+ x5 Rune Mage, x5 App. Mage, x1 Time Mage, x2 Boarboon

Glurbulb - Chaos Theory
    Rath, Grubs, Splack
    Start+ x3 Swamp Rat, x4 Spear Grounder, x3 Rogue, x3 Swamp Beast

Also, I'm curious how you'd describe his unique style of play if you were to sum it up in a few words? (Such as Mugglug with territory control, Bolvi with tower defense, and Torgon with ambush)
    Last edited by Irisches Glueck; 02-19-2016 at 06:42 PM.

"Summoning on your opponent's side" seems like Glurblub's playstyle to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Markzilla View Post
    "Summoning on your opponent's side" seems like Glurblub's playstyle to me.
    Haha true he does seem to do that; but that isn't really different form Torgon or Mugglug. So I wouldn't really say it is unique to him per-say; idk, I'm thinking his deck might be proximity/adjacency. Cause he has the swamp rat, 4 events, and 2 champs that play off their proximity to walls, then with deck building he has many units that work with vine walls and mercs that play with the idea like Rath & Rogues; with spear grounders and time mages playing with what it means to be adjacent. That said, this might be to vage... idk

Either way, I am more interested in some decks that people seem to have.

I'm also struggling with his deckbuild. I kinda like the base deck, but it totally lacks range. Well you could just add 3 ranged champs but I'm thinking of different possible unit that could also help to advance

Champs:
    - Splack seems interesting especially with vine bind! He also provides some range and if you don't use his ability he's cheep
    - Urick is also great here, knocking opponents next to vines + vine bind, knocking boarboons to get 3 dice on a summoner or just for Rallul style knocking Glurblub + Swamp Dominion for the kill.
    - Hulgorath: Hey that might be his place, he's expensive but with vines his movement/charge is much harder to avoid.
    - then we have soo many other good options like Glarg, Splub, Rath, Duggle and cheeper options like Seer, Etch and Sairook in case you want to bring Hulgorath and Urick

Commons
    - Boarboons: I actually like them and they are also a great Urick target!
    - Sword grounder: These guys are interesting here, they are cheep and might survive an advance turn to kill of with Spore carrier
    - Swamp beasts: They are so expensive :/ but could combo nicely with vine lash + Turt
    - Swamp rats: Great to defend Glurblub
    - Rogues: Well once you have your vw placed these can be devastating
    - Stonecloaks: You do not rely that much on your main walls so you could use these guys instead of sword grounder. They can be used with Urick but other than that I'm not sure it's a good trade to sword grounders.
    - Apprentice mages: Flexibility is great here - can be spore carrier or cheep 2 AV unit

So well I'm still struggling but maybe I try a

Splack, Urick, Hulgorath
    + starters + 4 Boardboons + 4 Sword grounder / Stonecloaks + 5 Swamp rats / Apprentice mages.

Depending on draw and early game you go for either a 2 champ strategy + boarboons or you opt for a 3 champ strategy. Splack and Swordgrounder + spore carrier might help you to advance, Hulgorath to close the distance and well Urick for being Urick! Rats help defend Glurblub or AM for a cheep 2 AV common.

A rather funny and aggressive one could be Turt, Glurp + Splack with Swamp beats, Golems and Rats. You try to get a vw deep in enemy territory to drop your powerhouses.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

I think I'd like to go cheap champ with Boarboons and Swamp Rats as the main common forces if I'm not doing the mage thing.

Prong
    Splack
    Murk

Boarboon x6
    Swamp Rat x7
    Last edited by killercactus; 02-23-2016 at 09:10 AM.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

I like

Prong
    Splack
    Turt

Swamp Rat
    Stone Golem
    Rune Mage

I try to get a few VWs going early on the opponent's side, build a tight swamp, crowd the walls, and then just stand my ground while chipping away at the walls or Rune Maging it up (SMs are great defensively, so this strategy seems to play into their strengths). Has worked really well for me so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Irisches Glueck View Post
    Also, I'm curious how you'd describe his unique style of play if you were to sum it up in a few words? (Such as Mugglug with territory control, Bolvi with tower defense, and Torgon with ambush)
    Parasite. Hard to get rid of once they set up shop and begin to chip away at your valuable resources (magic pile and walls). B/c of the playstyle that seems to work best for them (see my previous post).

Btw, I started a Swamp Mercenaries Deckbuild thread elsewhere awhile back. It's at: http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_for...ries-Deckbuild

We've got some Etching and some Maging, but no love for The Seer?

I usually use something like:

Splack
    Turt
    The Seer

Swamp Rat x6
    Swamp Beast x4
    Savager x3

or

Turt
    Bodgan
    The Seer

Swamp Rat x6
    Swamp Beast x3
    Savager x2
    Rogue x2

That second deck requires pretty aggressive play with the summoner, because a big part of what Bodgan does is push commons into a better spot for a vine when Glurb kills them, especially for blocking a summoning spot or setting up a protection of Seer's flank.

I'm not as much of a fan as everyone seems to be about the Boarboon. So, for one less magic, he gets to be a temporary Savager, without Savager's good ability, in a deck where, even more than Mugglug, it's risky to send a champ or summoner at the Savager, harder to get a ranged shot, and harder to get him surrounded? I'll take the persistent 3/3 plus Seer-protecting ability any day of the week.

What would a Glurblub build look like post-SS?

Vinemancer Germinate is interesting to me - basically means that you can sit back defensively and grow your vine walls, which will in turn maximize swamp dominion - that could also create a near-infinite magic engine with Etch, but you'd have to spend 2 champ slots to get it. Maybe to build a bunch of savagers?

I am thinking of a possible turtle build - something like:

Skrub (VM germinate)
    Zur Lak (blood to spores)
    Splub (VM sow)

maybe this?
    1-3 rogues/ invaders
    6 changelings
    3-6 rune smiths

Changelings can be used to summon rune smiths (or savagers) at a discount. they can also be used to bring back Rogues if you have burned them, it's no loss for 1 magic. You burn the Rogue and use him as needed. If you never needed him, then great. There's probably some good synergy there with Zur Lak.

Invaders are handy because you can create vine walls during your event phase.

Rune Smiths have the bonus that the changeling will go right back into your hand if they are destroyed. You could also burn your own Rune Smith on a spore turn, and the changeling would go into your hand, and the following turn bring a rune smith right back. The rune smith in your magic pile makes it a zero-sum transaction. That's another vine wall engine.

maybe rather than focus on vine-building champs, we could go with some heavier options, like Turt, Sklursh, or Hulgorad. If you can get cheap commons that you can initially burn for magic, you probably could wheel out some heavies without too much trouble.

thoughts?
    Last edited by Rdebruys83; 05-12-2018 at 06:03 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast