Thread: Most common deck archetypes

Default Most common deck archetypes

Trying to compile a list of all the major deck archetypes. What are the ones that see the most play in your area? (Links to sample decks would be great too)

The most common in my area are the following:

Maeoni: Gilder/Snake combo
    Aradel: 3/4 book (Mist spirit, butterfly monk, jaguar)
    Noah: Ceremonial Aggro
    Saria: exhaust deck
    Dimona: Monster Mona

Added from below:
    Heavy Exhaust Aradel
    Free Main Jessa
    Last edited by brendancmiller; 02-21-2016 at 08:50 PM.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

I've been seeing / hearing about 4-book Aradel (Jags, Owls, Gilders, Monks) and Heavy Exhaust Aradel (lots of Illision dice exhaustion garbage).

I really seem to like the free main action decks, which load up on a bunch of stuff that can be played for free and then pounce at the end of the round. Jessa is my favorite for that so far.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Assassin/attrition Jessa has seen a lot of success with me. Use Blood Puppets, Living Doll, SotD, Final, Cry, etc, to slowly but surely run down the enemy. More assassin-y vs. low life PBs like Coal, more attrition-y vs. higher life PBs like Maeoni.
    Marek is LOVE. Marek is LIFE.

3 rules of SW:

1. Marek is perfect.

2. Marek is the best Summoner ever.

3. Marek will troll the everliving crap out of you.

"If you can't blow them away with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit." -Marek (probably).
    Member of the unofficial PHG debate team. (Officially endorsed by Marek.)

Can you guys elaborate on your Jessa decks? It sounds there there are a lot of variations of a similar deck all having different names.

How different are they from this?

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/play/as...der-experiment

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by brendancmiller View Post
    Can you guys elaborate on your Jessa decks? It sounds there there are a lot of variations of a similar deck all having different names.

How different are they from this?

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/play/as...der-experiment
    http://www.plaidhatgames.com/play/as...e-main-actions

I've loved this deck pretty every time I've run it. It's the only deck that makes me feel like I can Scream pretty much whenever I want.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

You need to add Mimona, mill Dimona. It uses 3-eyed owl and Order to mill two cards from hand each turn.