Thread: a lot of questions :)

Question a lot of questions :)

Hi there!

I have a lot of questions, so thanks in advance for any answers.

1) Squad unit activation. For example I have 6 oakguards in play. I can activate up to 3 of them (squad value). Also, I can assign to mission up to 4 of them. So, for example, I can assign 3 for mission, and activate 3 normally?
    2) "enemy flying unit" - is it only bird, or it can be unit at the leaf? I assume only birds. But why use term "flying figure\unit" insted "flying bird"?
    3) for example, action "Call Fire"
    action - Call Fire.jpg
    "squad figure" mean "non-hero" figure (oakguards, rats, snag's commandos, roaches)?
    4) Intense Foraging
    Obj - Intense Foraging.jpg
    benefit is not clear for me. I can return card, then at next forage action I gain 3 cheese?
    5)lookouts
    Obj - Lookouts.jpg
    it benefit can be used every player in one round?
    6) I am not sure with ballista.
    "Activate: 2 figures you control, ,,," What does this mean? I activating 2 squad figures, do nothing with them, but can shoot with ballista? And I can't use ballista with heroes - each hero is unit, I can't activate 2 units a time, right?
    7) Collin ability - I use it instead moving Collin. But I can attack with him if have valid target?
    8) If I have squad figures at the leaf, I can don't activate them this round, but they still be drift with the leaf, right?

also I translate card for use with my child and parents, can you help with clarification:

1) hook beak bird - can you give me link or something to find scientific name of this bird?
    2) swoop attack - I understand it in general, may be you suggest me some synonyms, for better translation.
    3) rattled- I understand it in general, may be you suggest me some synonyms, for better translation.
    Last edited by michigun; 02-15-2016 at 03:55 PM.

Hello Michigun,

1) Yes, activation and missions are separate things.
    2) The flying unit is actually (usually) the Bird and Pilot.
    3) Right Squad figures are those miniatures from a Squad Unit (Oakguard, Snag's Commandos, etc)
    4) You claim that card, when you do 3 Forage (gaining cheese normally), and then later when you make another Forage action return it to gain 3 Cheese.
    5) As an 'Immediate Benefit' Objective, this card isn't claimed by a player, so any player who meets the conditions could benefit from it.
    6) Yes, it takes two figures to operate the Ballista. The Ballista card Refers to "Figures" and Hero Units are still Figures. If it said "Squad figures" that would exclude heroes.
    7) Yes.
    8) If I understand you correctly, the Leaf would still drift (following the rules for drifting) whether or not the figures on the leaf activate or not. To CUT the leaf, a figure has to act of course.

As far as Translations:
    1) Sorry, I don't have an answer here.
    2) Swoop attack. Perhaps a "Diving" attack or a "fly-by" attack targeting the ground.
    3) Frightened, distracted, shaken.

I hope that helps. Enjoy!

KAM

thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM View Post
    6) Yes, it takes two figures to operate the Ballista. The Ballista card Refers to "Figures" and Hero Units are still Figures. If it said "Squad figures" that would exclude heroes.
    KAM
    Can you give me an example when I can and when I can't use Ballista?
    I am confused with "2 figures" and not sure what does it means.

If you have any 2 figures (e.g. 2 Oakguard, 1 Oakguard + Collin, etc.) on the Ballista (and no enemy figures on it), then you can activate the Ballista. It counts as a separate unit that you can then activate.

Quote Originally Posted by nyphot View Post
    If you have any 2 figures (e.g. 2 Oakguard, 1 Oakguard + Collin, etc.) on the Ballista (and no enemy figures on it), then you can activate the Ballista. It counts as a separate unit that you can then activate.
    Do I lost activation of this 2 figures?
    Or they only need to stay on Ballista space? And I can activate Ballista and Collin and Oakguard?

You do not lose the activation of those 2 figures. The ballista activates, its only stipulation is that it must be manned.
    Always the Mice Guy!