Thread: Caustic Roaches question

Default Caustic Roaches question

How do you play the caustic roaches melee attack? Does it steal cheese like normal roaches or does it always do damage like other minions?

"Normal" roaches to not steel cheese. They do damage just like the rats do. "Greedy" roaches steel cheese instead of wounding. The caustic roaches act just like normal roaches except they also have the ranged attack.

Sort of, but some of the details need to be clarified. Normal roaches DO steal cheese. Greedy roaches place that cheese on the wheel. Caustic roaches have a ranged attack that triggers if they can't move into range of a melee attack.
    Always the Mice Guy!

Nice...

Glad I finally created an account on PH so that I could give someone an incorrect answer. Is this information located on the initiative card or in the rule book? Glad I've been playing it wrong for two years. It's funny how the last six weeks I've been answering people's questions only to find I've been playing it wrong in almost every case. The good news is that this game apparently balances really well even when being played incorrectly. lol

Thanks! 10

Quote Originally Posted by Constantine View Post
    Nice...

Glad I finally created an account on PH so that I could give someone an incorrect answer. Is this information located on the initiative card or in the rule book? Glad I've been playing it wrong for two years. It's funny how the last six weeks I've been answering people's questions only to find I've been playing it wrong in almost every case. The good news is that this game apparently balances really well even when being played incorrectly. lol
    The information about all roaches stealing cheese is located on the initiative card. Information on greedy roaches is in the rule book. I agree that the rules are confusingly written and need an overhaul. I'd also like to see separate initiative cards for the other roach types, the same way they handled the boss centipede, elite rat warriors, etc.