Thread: Painting advice

Default Painting advice

Hi! I'm new to this forum. My friend is into this game and he has the plastic mice figures. I know nothing about it but varying on minis from whatever game is how mini should be treated. Do I need to do anything special to the mice before I paint them? I know for one game you have to boil them and then put them into cold water. I hope not for this game. Can I just go straight to painting (after washing the mini with soap and water, spraying with black primer and then proceed to paint)?

If not what do I need to do? I just want to take care of my friends' minis the best way possible.

Jerry's guide will probably help you out!

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/news/138

Thanks it does! I'm happy that I don't have to do any special magic trick of boiling them in water than something else. Just simple wash and anything else that I do.

Yeah boiling I think is just for games that have pieces that are crooked like bent swords and stuff. be sure you prime them though.

Okay I have said minis. My first thought when I was touching them is how bendy the tails and other stuff is. Has anyone ever had problem with that? I don't want the paint to fleck or anything.

I was worried about that too.

Mine haven't been used a lot, but they've been fine. I'm pretty sure that you just need to use a good seal or varnish on them. Usually a matte finish works best, unless you want them shiny for some reason.

Sal