Thread: Questions about rules...

Question Questions about rules...

Hello.
    I have recently begun playing Mice & Mystics with my friends. since we're all quite new, I have a few questions regarding rules and mechanics i'm still not fully sure about. 4 questions are about general game mechanics, and one is specifically about chapter 2 ("Lily's Tail") where we are right now:

1. when drawing the imaginary line to determine "line of sight" for ranged attacks, if that line passes through a minion, does that mean the further minion cannot be attacked? for example: if when drawing line of sight from Maginos to a rat minion, and that line passes through a space with a spider minion, does that mean the rat cannot be attacked, or does Maginos have a choice between the two which to attack?

2. In the rulebook, regarding a weapon's type, it reads: "some minions are resistant to certain attack types". however, I have yet to find where it states what minion is resistant to what. so how can you tell? and how does that come to play?

3. I think I read somewhere here in the forum that special searches are not obligatory, and a player can choose instead to draw a random search card. is this correct?

4.I doubt this will ever happen to me, but assuming i gather 4 friends to play with me, can we also play chapters that say to use 4 mice. for example: chapter 1 says "choose 4 mice for the chapter". can we still play the game with five available mice?

5. In chapter 2, before Lily is rescued, when a surge accrues- which i'm guessing will happen on the tile with the party- is a roach placed then as well on Lily's tile?

would appreciate any help. thanks

Great questions, I really don't have much in tge way of answers, sorry. I would say add a an extra minion to 0 lay with 5 or one plays as,the minions.

1. when drawing the imaginary line to determine "line of sight" for ranged attacks, if that line passes through a minion, does that mean the further minion cannot be attacked? for example: if when drawing line of sight from Maginos to a rat minion, and that line passes through a space with a spider minion, does that mean the rat cannot be attacked, or does Maginos have a choice between the two which to attack?
    Figures don't block line of sight.

2. In the rulebook, regarding a weapon's type, it reads: "some minions are resistant to certain attack types". however, I have yet to find where it states what minion is resistant to what. so how can you tell? and how does that come to play?
    I believe this is mostly used in the expansions.

3. I think I read somewhere here in the forum that special searches are not obligatory, and a player can choose instead to draw a random search card. is this correct?
    Correct

4.I doubt this will ever happen to me, but assuming i gather 4 friends to play with me, can we also play chapters that say to use 4 mice. for example: chapter 1 says "choose 4 mice for the chapter". can we still play the game with five available mice?
    You play with the number of mice listed, but you can try adding or subtracting mice as you see fit, just know that the chapters are balanced for the listed number.

5. In chapter 2, before Lily is rescued, when a surge accrues- which i'm guessing will happen on the tile with the party- is a roach placed then as well on Lily's tile?
    No Lily is off on her own.
    Always the Mice Guy!